• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 & 0 Review Thread

I'm realizing there was a cool down period before resubmissions, so I definitely jumped the gun at posting that with nearly the speed I did. I've since trimmed the edges around the blog to make it a bit better, and now have an updated version of all the profiles relevant to scaling/I just want to reinstate for personal reasons on my Sandbox, so

Third time's the charm for properly taking the effort to follow the outlined standards and fulfilling every of the 6 concepts to some extent (save tier changes since this is mostly just, reorganizing it with proper evidence and in adherence to more recent changes in tierstuff)

For further elaboration, it blatantly plagiarizes concepts from other verses and uses them as inspiration only for the sake of power, not to mention you have neglected to read the page for tier 1/0 rules entirely.

You're mocking me, of course. I worked day and night. Do you think I'm stupid if you think I haven't read the rules? What a disappointment.
1555871691909.gif

Have you considered that Low 2-C provides every narrative purpose that transcending reality could produce, and if you want to introduce a multiverse the furthest you really need to go is 2-A

Have you considered that Low 2-C provides every narrative purpose that transcending reality could produce, and if you want to introduce a multiverse the furthest you really need to go is 2-A
I know about the levels below. What about level 1 and 0? How do I always read the rules? Can you tell me something from yourself?

Can you tell me something from yourself?
Oh, my personal experience? Tier 1 sucks. It always will because it's inherently based on convoluted explanations and the only thing they do on the wiki is just make discussions more frustrating and lopsided. Let's have my 4-C character and your 4-C character fight- wait, oh no, mine has 1-A hax because of some random mention of Jewish mysticism so actually your character gets mogged, lol. The kind of people who throw themselves into these concepts are on a level of deranged that they would unironically attempt to tier my IRL religion, which I... did not react to with lucidity, let's leave it there.

You have everything to ruin and nothing to actually gain from exploring higher dimensions. Why do you think something like Megami Tensei relies almost entirely on external media and offhand statements? Nobody would benefit from that stuff being directly conveyed in the game, the biggest on screen feat is 2-A from the Multiverse imploding on itself in Nocturne because otherwise players would just roll their eyes at blah blah blah dimensions transcendence cardinal stacks of narrative countable infinity.

Are you saying that level 1 and 0 are not the best? And that you shouldn't get so carried away with them? I just really liked the characters with such a level of strength, that's why I devoted many months to creating a blog. It turns out that you wasted so much time?

Are you saying that level 1 and 0 are not the best?
To even mention the ideas of "best" and "tier 1" or especially "tier 0" in the same statement is horrendous to me, yes.
And that you shouldn't get so carried away with them?
You shouldn't intentionally interact with them at all, the only exception I'd remotely consider is if it's tied to a philosophy your work is exploring but even with that you have to consider my earlier statement of Low 2-C being all you need for total transcendence
I just really liked the characters with such a level of strength, that's why I devoted many months to creating a blog.
And the FC/OC wiki has a very, very long pedigree of experience of such a level of strength making everything worse, with me being particularly harsh on the very concept. Trust me, I was in your stance too of "woah big numbers" way back in 2017-2018, but actual experience with this stuff has given me a bit of enlightenment.
It turns out that you wasted so much time?
Absolutely.

Are you saying that level 1 and 0 are not the best? And that you shouldn't get so carried away with them? I just really liked the characters with such a level of strength, that's why I devoted many months to creating a blog. It turns out that you wasted so much time?
Your blog is literally just fifty quotes of obtuse tiering statements attached to random fictional names. There's no narrative relevance, no story, nothing but the most cliche and overused tiering tropes meant to jumpstart a verse to be as strong as humanly possible. In no universe is that, or anything like that, being approved.

Apparently I got too carried away. Okay, I overreacted then. I just wanted to get approval, but it came out sideways for me. I admit I was wrong.

Your blog is literally just fifty quotes of obtuse tiering statements attached to random fictional names. There's no narrative relevance, no story, nothing but the most cliche and overused tiering tropes meant to jumpstart a verse to be as strong as humanly possible. In no universe is that, or anything like that, being approved.
Maybe you can say something from yourself about level 1 and 0. I want to know your opinion on this. I listen to everyone's opinion.

And the FC/OC wiki has a very, very long pedigree of experience of such a level of strength making everything worse,
To expand on this for a second, when we deleted all of our prior Tier 1/0 pages, those pages at the time made up 1/6th of the sites total pages, if not more when including pages deleted after the fact.

Power should not dictate the story.

With all due respect, it will be difficult for me to accept now that I will have to give up trying to create a blog for level 1 and 0, I liked these levels too much. Now I'm trying to convince myself to create profiles of simpler levels. I'll have to come up with something for that.

Read everything before submitting!

This thread is for the posting of links to Tier 1 (or 0) characters and cosmologies for review by staff and volunteers. All tier 1/0 pages should be posted here for review and discussion on whether or not they meet the requirements regarding our policies, and for the tier.

It is recommended that you create your profile and cosmology in a Sandbox first, then post a link to said sandbox here for the review team to evaluate it. You will be invited to the FC/OC discord server where you will speak with the review team so they can get an understanding of your reasoning. If your character/cosmology is deemed acceptable, your character will be added to the list below, to which you then have permission to post the page as a profile. Please don't continuously ping staff whilst you're waiting to be seen to

Users may submit up to a maximum of 3 pages at a time, with a cooldown of waiting till your submissions have been checked before you can request another batch of submissions. Posting 2 pages then posting another while still waiting is not allowed, so it's recommended that you wait until you have 3 pages at once to submit beforehand. If staff are happy with your submissions you'll be added to the list below

Important Links:
  • Storiverse - ExSENNA - (Approved cosmology up to Low 1-C)
  • Knights of Justice - Colonel Krukov - (Approved, providing it follows DC canon scaling)
  • The Infinite Consortium - Moritzva - (Approved tier 0 cosmology)
  • Megaten RP Verse - Another Council (Approved 5-D cosmology)
So I got three characters to discuss for this:
Characters: Kittie, Blacksun, and Bessy (Sonic and the Powerpuff Girls/Courage the Cowardly Dog: The Old Stories of Brunette)

Cosmology: Should be able to erase their entire multiverse that has about dozens or multiples universes that are infinite. They have access to the real world to the point where they can erase their entire series.

Their current tier is High 1-C.

So I got three characters to discuss for this:
Characters: Kittie, Blacksun, and Bessy (Sonic and the Powerpuff Girls/Courage the Cowardly Dog: The Old Stories of Brunette)

Cosmology: Should be able to erase their entire multiverse that has about dozens or multiples universes that are infinite. They have access to the real world to the point where they can erase their entire series.

Their current tier is High 1-C.
Rejecting this on the basis that you did not seem to have read through the Tier 1 Page Rules on the main site, as you didn't bother addressing any of the points on that article.

I also am unsure how this even qualifies for High 1-C or how you expect a single screenshot like that to suffice for a cosmology explanation.

I'm realizing there was a cool down period before resubmissions, so I definitely jumped the gun at posting that with nearly the speed I did. I've since trimmed the edges around the blog to make it a bit better, and now have an updated version of all the profiles relevant to scaling/I just want to reinstate for personal reasons on my Sandbox, so

Third time's the charm for properly taking the effort to follow the outlined standards and fulfilling every of the 6 concepts to some extent (save tier changes since this is mostly just, reorganizing it with proper evidence and in adherence to more recent changes in tierstuff)
Again, I realize I made a mistake with the speed of the resubmission, but it's been like 4 months so I feel there's fairness in re-evaluating

I think most of what Promestein said before still rings true regarding EWTRTW. The verse is convoluted, often unserious, and I believe has reason to be called a power-fantasy. Even the pages provided aren't the best quality, with a lot of them leaving a lot to be desired in the character department, only sporting a few sentences or short paragraphs of summary, which I would say is unacceptable for Tier 1s, going by the guidelines.

Subjective Quality and Higher Standards: These guidelines aim to set higher standards for tier 1 and 0 pages while considering the amateur nature of our writers. While not solely based on subjective quality, these pages will be expected to meet elevated criteria overall.

I also don't see the "nature of escalation itself" as being much of a good narrative reason either. It's incredibly shallow and doesn't showcased how this allows it to remain a coherent and logical story - which are a requirement listed in the Tier 1 & 0 pages rules. If we were to accept it on that basis, I don't believe it'd be a good idea, as then, anyone could apply that to essentially any series, regardless of the absurdity.

Why is does your character have infinite transcendence armor? "Oh, well it's due to the nature of escalation in the story." Why did this relatively normal fantasy series suddenly become tier 0? "Nature of escalation."

It just seems like something that could be thrown around to excuse any amount of ridiculousness that results from a series with a lot of power progression.

You even mention that a lot of this Tier 1 stuff simply came from "messing around" or that is what just thrown around because that was what was cool back then.

And I ask, how is that any better than the stuff we started the purge for in the first place? All of that was the same thing. People throwing around these concepts and messing around with them for no good reason, creating these hugely wanked and overpowered verses without much of a purpose.

I understand regretting those decisions, and wanting to bring your character to site because you really want to show it off. But I simply don't think it'd be a good idea to accept EWTRTW, as based on what's been provided, doing so would drastically reduce our standards for what can and can't be allowed on site - for the worse.

This is without even mentioning the context of what makes the verse high-tier in the first place, which is... a whole other ballpark.

Here are some quotes that are used for scaling:

Via Outer god hierarchy and foog chain i gain every power of every outer god.

Nach continues poking around Makai looking for something to do while NACHILLEMORAC approaches the outer limits of true infinity.

NACHILLEMORAC reaches the end of everything and absorbs everything including Joseph, Lord English, Lacrima, and the council of Omnis, then makes everything happy and not insane or violent forever.

I'm unsure if I need to mention why this sets a bad precedent if accepted. It gives off the vibe of "powerful for the sake of powerful," and does it in a very distasteful, unserious manner that I don't believe is suitable for this website.

This extends even to some of the more tame things in the verse, such as this calculation: https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/...die:_No,_I_do_after_hearing_these_feats_exist

In doing this, you cross over twenty centillion universes in a billionth of a second, each universe thousands of times larger than our own. When you arrive, you find a magic white door that says "Nil Bitchin' Pad (If the mask dude comes leave the door open

I don't even have a comment for that, I think it speaks for itself.

-

That being said, my verdict is that Tier 1 EWTRTW shouldn't be allowed on the site.

Last edited:
This AvA CRT never got concluded cuz the verse was moved to FC/OC, so I'd like to see if this could be completed here

This AvA CRT never got concluded cuz the verse was moved to FC/OC, so I'd like to see if this could be completed here
Bump

Please don't bump again. I've already seen it. I am currently not aware of how we even treat verses like AVA. It's a different scenario from other verses here.

You haven't followed the guidelines in the OP, more so reading what meets the requirements of a cosmology

Now I have completed the requirements and tried to make some adjustments. There won't be any more updates.
I rejected your proposal because this cosmology provided does not meet the standards required for Tier 1/0s in general.

Am I allowed to submit the DBH cosmology for my fanfiction? Because the story took place in DBH Multiverse, albiet the highball version of it.

Back