• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 & 0 Review Thread

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
Read everything before submitting!

This thread is for the posting of links to Tier 1 (or 0) characters and cosmologies for review by staff and volunteers. All tier 1/0 pages should be posted here for review and discussion on whether or not they meet the requirements regarding our policies, and for the tier.

It is recommended that you create your profile and cosmology in a Sandbox first, then post a link to said sandbox here for the review team to evaluate it. You will be invited to the FC/OC discord server where you will speak with the review team so they can get an understanding of your reasoning. If your character/cosmology is deemed acceptable, your character will be added to the list below, to which you then have permission to post the page as a profile. Please don't continuously ping staff whilst you're waiting to be seen to

Users may submit up to a maximum of 3 pages at a time, with a cooldown of waiting till your submissions have been checked before you can request another batch of submissions. Posting 2 pages then posting another while still waiting is not allowed, so it's recommended that you wait until you have 3 pages at once to submit beforehand. If staff are happy with your submissions you'll be added to the list below

Important Links:
Original Fiction
Fan Fiction
  • Knights of Justice - Colonel Krukov | Approved, providing it follows DC canon scaling.
  • Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Union Mission - NishizumiMaho111 | Approved, provided it follows Dragon Ball Heroes canon scaling)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it okay to post a cosmology blog for a verse for review instead of reviewing characters one by one?

What if my cosmology is the same as an official verse that is already Tier 1 (I run a Megaten Roleplay that I want to get the main characters on the wiki for indexing) and I don't want to make a whole new cosmology blog for something that already exists.

What if my cosmology is the same as an official verse that is already Tier 1 (I run a Megaten Roleplay that I want to get the main characters on the wiki for indexing) and I don't want to make a whole new cosmology blog for something that already exists.
I would advise reading important links before asking questions answered on said important links.

I would advise reading important links before asking questions answered on said important links.
My bad, I just read. Can you show me where the preexisting fanfiction rules are if possible? Can't seem to find them.

Is it okay to post a cosmology blog for a verse for review instead of reviewing characters one by one?
By the way, this question interests me too. Is it possible to get your verse accepted in general before going through distinct characters? Because I'll have the doc for my verse done way beforeI tackle the mess that myself from 3 years ago made, which are the character profiles.

Also, what happens if you have several characters accepted and then one is deemed to be insane tiershit? Does that invalidate all previous characters from the same verse? Also also, what if someone doesn't want to/knows how to tier their verse themselves? How should they make their cosmology blog, considering

"Any tier 1 or 0 page must include a cosmology blog or a similar explanation that clearly outlines how the character achieved their designated tier."

maybe they don't even want to have tiers on their page at all.

Another question I have is why low 1-A was chosen as a cut off point for "proper" quality control (Note that these standards are significantly lighter for characters below Low 1-A). Seems incredibly arbitrary, unless the only reason is "this is the first tier with an "A" at the end, which I hope wasn't the actual reason.

There is also this quote which has me a bit confused.

"You should be able to explain what that level of power does that couldn't be done at a notably lower level of power, such as tier 2"

That seems like a weird cut off as well to be honest. Not to mention, the vast majority of tier 1 verses I am versed in would work perfectly fine as tier 2. The most blatant one I know would be magi, with an infinite hierarchy of gods writing stories. You could make that 2-A. Just claim you have a non transcending stack of universes, with the next higher one having reality warping abilities over the lower one. Done. Now you just turned a Low 1-A (I know it's tiered 1-B on the wiki, but it really shouldn't be) verse into a 2-A verse. Low 1-C if you wanna include the fact that Sinbad wanted to stand atop of it all.

Lastly, how would something like a mathematical universe be treated, considering this:

"In these cosmology pages, we will both be checking if the tiers provided are correct, as well as seeing if there is original, inspired content. Repeating mathematical jargon and regurgitating high-tiered cosmological concepts from other verses will be looked down upon"

Edit: there is one more thing that bothers me, which is the statement that "because I wanted to" isn't considered valid. This would imply that a verse as Gurren Lagann wouldn't get accepted on here, as it's specifically only higher D because they thought "a universe should be higher D. String theory would be pretty dope."

So yeah, I feel like implementation should have similar value to necessity. If someone can write an amazing work with concepts like these, why not?

Last edited:
1. Yes, to an extent. A verse is naturally going to be evaluated in the context of the characters within it.

2. Why would it?

3. If someone doesn't know the tiering of their verse, or doesn't want to involve tiers, they probably aren't applying it to FCOC's Tier 1 and 0 Review Thread.

4. Because it is the first tier that really starts transcending the traditional and more common fictional model of infinite dimensions. Cosmologies below this point are likely to be more simple and easier to justify.

5. I don't know Magi. Your own tastes are your own.

6. If people are concerned that their mathematical universe model is unoriginal and copy-pasted from hot mathematical concepts in the versus community, that's a rather large red flag.

Edit 7. Gurren Lagann's creator isn't a versus debator.

1. Yes, to an extent. A verse is naturally going to be evaluated in the context of the characters within it.

2. Why would it?
Not entirely sure which questions these answers are directed at.

3. If someone doesn't know the tiering of their verse, or doesn't want to involve tiers, they probably aren't applying it to FCOC's Tier 1 and 0 Review Thread.
So if I were to write a character with a blatantly tier 0 cosmology and don't tier it, it'd be fine? Also, maybe they know it's tier 1, but not how far into tier 1.

4. Because it is the first tier that really starts transcending the traditional and more common fictional model of infinite dimensions. Cosmologies below this point are likely to be more simple and easier to justify.
I fail to see how "a guy who transcends infinite dimensions" is vastly more complex than "a guy who is infinite dimensional". Especially with 1-A in comparison being "a guy who transcends infinite layers of something which transcends infinite dimensions just the same"

5. I don't know Magi. Your own tastes are your own
What does that have to do with my taste? The point is that you can write tons of verses which make sense as tier 1 as tier 2.

6. If people are concerned that their mathematical universe model is unoriginal and copy-pasted from hot mathematical concepts in the versus community, that's a rather large red flag.
Ok, that's just a very concerning take, ngl. That's like crapping on ppl who use Everett's theory for their multiverse, simply because they didn't come up with it themselves. That's a perfectly fine thing to do. I don't think it's a good thing to limit authors to some specific amount/type of universes, simply because the narrative doesn't "need" more. That seems like it harms creativity more than it helps it. If someone wants to use a type 4 multiverse instead of a standard multiverse because they prefer how it functions, why not?

Rather, I'm not going to sit here and debate with you on the standards. We'd just derail the thread and take forever. I gave you my answers, and the answers stand.

The only thing I will fully clarify on is that, if someone writes an obviously tier 1-0 page and submits it without tiers on the page to get around this process, yeah, that's obviously not allowed. Intentionally subverting the rules being banned shouldn't be a surprise.

That's all I'm saying on this. The standards are clear, and unless you are intentionally trying to find sneaky loopholes (which are not nearly as clever as people may think they are, and will be both disallowed and used as evidence against any future pages made by that person), the rules clearly define what to do and why. If you aren't trying to break the rules, you shouldn't have any problems.

By the way, this question interests me too. Is it possible to get your verse accepted in general before going through distinct characters? Because I'll have the doc for my verse done way beforeI tackle the mess that myself from 3 years ago made, which are the character profiles.
Yes. If your cosmology and explanations are accepted, you can then create characters at a later time, provided that they also meet quality standards.

Depending on the verse and context you may or may not need to get characters individually evaluated as well.

Also, what happens if you have several characters accepted and then one is deemed to be insane tiershit? Does that invalidate all previous characters from the same verse?
No. Just means this singular character will probably not be allowed. Though, this is case-by-case.

Also also, what if someone doesn't want to/knows how to tier their verse themselves?
The cosmology/explanation blogs do not need to be tiered by the creator.

In fact, we (the staff) will be the ones tiering the verse for the wiki during evaluation.

maybe they don't even want to have tiers on their page at all.
If they don't want to have a statistics/power section on the page at all, that's fine. We allow pages that only have summaries of the character provided they are exceptionally detailed.

Edit: Note that these kinds of characters can not be used in debates at all.

Also, simply changing all the stats to "unknown" and leaving the page incomplete would likely be against general guidelines for page creation. Not to mention it would be an attempt at bypassing the rules if they do know that the character is Tier 1 or 0.

Another question I have is why low 1-A was chosen as a cut off point for "proper" quality control (Note that these standards are significantly lighter for characters below Low 1-A). Seems incredibly arbitrary, unless the only reason is "this is the first tier with an "A" at the end, which I hope wasn't the actual reason.
Low 1-A is a better cutoff than 1-A.

Low 1-A is when you get to things that are beyond standard dimensional and layered hierarchies, which means the cosmologies and explanations are likely to be notably more complex from this point onwards. I believe the difference between Low 1-A and High 1-B is notable due to this.

Lastly, how would something like a mathematical universe be treated, considering this:
Case-by-case basis, the same as it is on VSBW.

Last edited:
I wonder, would Auren the absolute (The character made by a redditor that's only known for being strong) be allowed on the OC wiki now?
He is an officially published original character (Not an FC). And to be added to this wiki, the author himself would need to put him here.

And anyways, no. That work is blatantly powerwank with an exceptionally low level of quality.

I don't know who they are, but no, probably not.
Basically, he is the OC of a TikTok powerscaler called ComicTutor.
He is an officially published original character (Not an FC). And to be added to this wiki, the author himself would need to put him here.
I see, interesting. I wonder where I could learn more about the rules for adding certain characters. I would like to read them.
And anyways, no. That work is blatantly powerwank with an exceptionally low level of quality.
I mean, his story isn't bad. Bad is something that I wouldn't have read. The story is just very forgettable. Though I agree on it being powerwank. It's clear what the author's intentions were.

This is my cosmology for Immoral Human

The infosphere is where lesser ideas and concepts exist, the Consphere is where all important concepts/ideas exist

Hell is a dimension bellow the Multiverse that is the same size as the infinite sized Multiverse

I was told months ago this:
Hells - 2-A

Multiverse - 2-A. Saying M-Theory and String Theory doesn't actually mean much for tiering on its own. Also I doubt that the "infinite dimensional barrier" between this and hell mean much either, unless everyone in the Multiverse is some 1-A being.

Infosphere - High 1-B or 1-A if the dimensions below it are legit and it is beyond them.

Peak of it all - High 1-B or 1-A. 1-A+ if you're generous.

The infosphere is where lesser ideas and concepts exist, the Consphere is where all important concepts/ideas exist

Hell is a dimension bellow the Multiverse that is the same size as the infinite sized Multiverse

Hells - 2-A

Multiverse - 2-A. Saying M-Theory and String Theory doesn't actually mean much for tiering on its own. Also I doubt that the "infinite dimensional barrier" between this and hell mean much either, unless everyone in the Multiverse is some 1-A being.

Infosphere - High 1-B or 1-A if the dimensions below it are legit and it is beyond them.

The infosphere and consphere are important as it's where the main character gets her immortality and powers from, and it's also where a villan also gets her powers from as well. The cosmology is a part of the story for that reason

Hells - 2-A

This is one screenshot of simple high tier statements.

Preferably, I would suggest creating a more expansive cosmology blog and typing some drafts for character profiles, and then present them here when you feel they are finished.

Last edited:

Hells - 2-A

Given the clear plagiarism in your cosmology and the lack of detail and narrative significance, these pages have been denied.

One of the GMs, yes, and co-owner of Time Breaker (with permission to make the page granted by the current, other owner)
Admittedly, I have to say this page and this setting in general doesn't seem very appropriate for the wiki. Especially with that one realm containing the N-Word within its title.

Admittedly, I have to say this page and this setting in general doesn't seem very appropriate for the wiki.
Would you care to elaborate?
Especially with that one realm containing the N-Word within its title.
It has since been officially named as ningen-8, no traces of its original purpose or name (which was made by an unrelated member as a joke, technically falling into fanon which means that version of ningen-8 shouldn't have even been on the page in the first place as per the Note) exist on the page anymore. It isn't a censor for anything, that is simply ningen-8's name after being actually integrated into the story

Last edited:
Might as well submit this one to get it out of the way for later profiles. The cosmology is explained (although, in an abridged and powerscaler-y way) in the page in AP though a few charts exist that are made either by me or a close friend to help keep track of the cosmology that I can share if required
Given the power-scaley nature of the roleplay, the bad-taste and childish aspects of the setting, the lack of the cosmology's narrative relevance, the unoriginal cosmological ideas, and the delivery of higher-tiered statements, and many other reasons, Time Breaker has been denied.

It is recommended that you create your profile in a Sandbox first, then post a link to said sandbox here for the review team to evaluate it. You will be invited to the FC/OC discord server where you will speak with the review team so they can get an understanding of your reasoning.
Forgive me, but isn't this supposed to happen before the final verdict?

You can submit here or on the discord server, though you have had conversations on the discord server prior about this exact character and verse prior so our staff team had no additional questions to ask.

There is a cooldown period of a few weeks before you can submit again, as previously said. We aren't going to change our verdict just because you submitted it in a different place.

I might as well post too now.

I was reluctant in completing this before end of the purge. Started writing and deleting several times, and now completed.

Storiverse cosmology blog

This is only Low 1-C thus should be simple. The terms described here are also described in the pages of various characters that already exist on the wiki as part of their backstory. Storiverse contains existing pages about characters with extensive backstories.

Back