• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YungManzi said:
Yogiri negs "immunity" to instant death attacks.
So him, FRA.
Not from what I see.

From what I see he just has really good death manip, nothing about negating resistances.

And so he gets through Tiamat's immunity to instant death. Now how does he deal with two further layers of death resistance on top of that?

EmperorDoom25 said:
Yogiri negates resistance, and his ID is beyond fate/luck
EX Luck is not your normal fate or luck, and a god's Authority and therefore resistances have several levels of qualitative superiority to baseline 4D / 2-C.

So where's his feats of breaking through something lacking the concept of death on top of not being able to die so long as life still exists, on top of EX luck saying lolno to 100% guaranteed death, on top of Godly authority from higher orders of reality giving resistance?

Ok, so if I check what I just wrote...

"So where's his feats of breaking through something lacking the concept of death on top of not being able to die so long as life still exists, on top of EX luck saying lolno to 100% guaranteed death, on top of Godly authority from higher orders of reality giving resistance?"

Ok, that's one thing, what about the rest.

Yogiri has negated pretty much any resistance possible; besides Abstract Existence, which more than likely he can also neg.(If I'm being honest)

In order to properly evalute if Tiamat's resistance is enough, what are the other layers of resistance she has?

He negs type 5 and 8 which is basically everything you mentioned except for the last layer of resistances. I dunno exactly how that would interract with his ID.

Yeah but from what feats he has on his profile, that comes from him killing some undead with "immunity" to death which isn't even necessarily resistance negation.

Also I don't see any feats listed for negating type 8

"on top of not being able to die so long as life still exists"

So, Yogiri kills all life. It's certainly something he can do (And as a side-effect of his power too). Also, he himself was stated to be something that's not even alive in the first place, so it most likely effect him (Especially since he can decide what death is on a whim)

Other than that, I don't see how luck helps. Even going back in time before Yogiri activated it doesn't save you from getting slapped by it.

Resistance gets noped unless higher order of resistances means something above 2-B.

He's not bloodlusted and he's explicitly not done things before to avoid destroying all life so I very much doubt he's going to kill all life.

Luck in Fate is the strength of destiny and constantly stops people from just keeling over dead for no reason. And that's more than just 4-D destiny seeing as it is quite capable of affecting gods.

Higher order of resistance means it doesn't fit in our tiering system because it's not higher dimensional in the sense we use, but having it makes you just straight up unable to be affected by anything of a lower order, including other 4D beings, regardless of how strong they are.

Monarch Laciel said:
He's not bloodlusted and he's explicitly not done things before to avoid destroying all life so I very much doubt he's going to kill all life.
I'm not saying he will purposefully kill all life, I'm saying ID will do it by itself to neg immortality.

Hell, Yogiri was never even made aware of Lain's minions or her true self which existed in another dimension.

He never knew about the HRE's true form either.

In both cases he was just casually inflicting death.

Yeah, Yogiri doesn't just negate Fate manipulation he's outright beyond Fate itself.

It was too irrational, it even was beyond fate. It couldn't overturn the decided event

This Statements is done by the narration when Yogiri was against a 2-B being.

Also, Heavenly Records and the Heavenly Record Eaters are higher order existences , with the latter that was killed by Yogiri existing outside of space-time. & I'm actually glad someone could clarify what Higher-Order things meant, I was not really aware of it.

Lastly, due to Tiamat's close connection and reliance on life Yogiri would end up killing all of life in a domino like effect, not necessary on purpose.

Oh. Also, for resistance Negation he has other feats besides undead such as being capable Of bypassing the 10 levels of instant death resistance obtainable. Levels working on a manner like; level 1 instant death wouldn't be able to affect level 1 resistance, but level 2 would be capable of bypassing level 1, but level 2 Instant Death can't bypass level 2 resistance and so on... levels of abilities being independent of AP stats or whatever, allegedly being absolute over the lower ones. Ig similar to higher-order resistances.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
Oh. Also, for resistance Negation he has other feats besides undead such as being capable Of bypassing the 10 levels of instant death resistance obtainable. Levels working on a manner like; level 1 instant death wouldn't be able to affect level 1 resistance, but level 2, but level 2 Instant Death can't bypass level 2 resistance and so on... levels of abilities being independent of AP stats or whatever allegedly being absolute over the lower ones. Ig similar to higher-order resistances.
Lol. I completely forgot about this!! Level 10 = immunity which Yogiri negs.

Yeee, I think there's also a statement of him negating revival out there but tI Don't wanna derail the post too much.

Anyways, Yogiri doesn't only have one victory condition (just IDing Timat) he still has the ability to win via incapacitation trough killing her senses, body parts and attacks, which makes some of her resistances irrelevant due to them protecting against the one shotting or full death of a servant rather than the death of specific body parts—I think only her type 5 (maybe 8) immortality would defend against it but Yogiri negs. I may be forgetting something tho.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
Also, Heavenly Records and the Heavenly Record Eaters are higher order existences , with the latter that was killed by Yogiri existing outside of space-time. & I'm actually glad someone could clarify what Higher-Order things meant, I was not really aware of it.
Clarify what higher order existence means in this context.

Because if it's just the way of saying its tier 2, that's not enough to bypass Tiamat's resistance, which is higher order even in comparison to other tier 2 beings.

@Blackcurrant91 @John985

Yogiri or ID auto activates and kills her mud/miasma or any attack she's got because Yogiri Can recognize it as a threat... there's literally nothing stopping that from happening unless her attacks have instant kill resistance. If you're thinking that because he has to multi task he might not react then that ain't a problem, he's killed thosuands of things at a time, and ID will just react to the hazard by itself without the need for Yogiri to even act.

I mean, by virtue of only being Low 2-C she shouldn't be able to resist ID. (Does not possess a concept of death unless it is forcefully placed upon her by a being of great power)

Then Unless she has feats of resisting 2-C to 2-B death or erasure, we can't say she can do it here. Even giving her resistance far above what's mentioned on her profile puts her below ID.

And since ID naturally nulls tier resistances, I don't see how she resists it.

The whole higher order resistance thing isn't even on her profile from what I can tell, so there's no way for me to compare it to ID besides taking your word for it monarch.

More like we forgot about it, the characters in nasuverse that have immortality type 5 are immune to MeoDP.

Damn, really? This is a stomp on Tiamat's favor if that's the case. Why doesn't shiki have 1-C instant death on her profile then?

Also, can it not simply be that MeoDP can't impose the concept of death? I don't see any of Shiki's three profiles having Type 5 Negation, only the ability to kill abstract things which is a completely different thing.

1-C Death Manipulation King Hassan ig?

Even if Shiki's' abilities are connected to Akasha, why exactly would they be 1-C in potency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back