• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor probably takes this. Not only is he physically stronger and has far more experience, he also has the advantage of stamina and is able to fight for weeks. I am sure the charge of the ring wont hold that long.

In term of hax they seem almost equal or cant do much against each others hax.

• Mind hax of the ring wont do much, because of Thors resistance, same goes for John
  • Both can create portals, Thors BFR is probably useless against an opponent that can cross universes
  • Both have Energy projection and absorption
  • Both have forcefields
Thors regen gives him a little advantage, because its passive unlike Johns healing. Not sure if the ring can detect weaknesses on Thor, since he doesnt really has any useable weaknesses.

Questions to decide would be:

• Is John worthy ?
  • How good is Johns time travel and can he use it without preparation ?
  • What can Thors power null and transmutation do on John ?

Meosos said:
Thor probably takes this. Not only is he physically stronger and has far more experience, he also has the advantage of stamina and is able to fight for weeks. I am sure the charge of the ring wont hold that long.
In term of hax they seem almost equal or cant do much against each others hax.

• Mind hax of the ring wont do much, because of Thors resistance, same goes for John
  • Both can create portals, Thors BFR is probably useless against an opponent that can cross universes
  • Both have Energy projection and absorption
  • Both have forcefields
Thors regen gives him a little advantage, because its passive unlike Johns healing. Not sure if the ring can detect weaknesses on Thor, since he doesnt really has any useable weaknesses.

Questions to decide would be:

• Is John worthy ?
  • How good is Johns time travel and can he use it without preparation ?
  • What can Thors power null and transmutation do on John ?
Regarding Stamina, the ring can run on just Willpower in times when it isn't at full power.

Thor: 1

John: 0

And bear in mind John can easily analysize Thor's stats and consult the ring on the best way to deal with him.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
RinkakuKagune said:
And bear in mind John can easily analysize Thor's stats and consult the ring on the best way to deal with him.
How does one deal with mjnoir?
I don't know, ask the rink not me. Maybe it cre\ates a specific type of energy of matter to trap it, or maybe it even hacks thehammer. there have been instances when mjornir has behaved like technology i think.

The reasons above, plus the fact that the god blast would easily kill John.

As I already said, there are no Asgardians in DC, so the ring cant really create countermeasures. and even if it can analyze Thor, the information would be useless, since Thor doesnt really has a personal kryptonite like Superman.

By the way, mjolnir is completle magical, it cant be hacked or "trapped".

People need to stop saying Thor is stronger, he's not. In fact, if the Flash IMP calc goes through, every DC 4-B will be around 615.9 KiloFOE, which brings them closer to Sentry's 1 MegaFOE, and far above Thor.

However, Thor does have specific resistances to his hax, so ultimately, it comes down to who is physically stronger. Which is John, who I vote for.

John might be stronger, but Thor has a lot more experience. I remain unsure here. John is also a very creative fighter.

Im witholdin my vote for now. I want to see more arguments. John is a Lantern I'm not as familiar with feat wise. So I need to research him more specifically. Since Green Lanterns are not created equal. At least in terms of fighting and creativity.

John probably has the most willpower as he once overloaded the ring when he creates a solar system (the same year that all green lanterns are currently scaled to).

Thor: 2 John: 1

Inconclusive: 1

BruceTheBatman said:
How many FOE is thor anyway?
I'm pretty sure his best feat is destroying Surtur's portal, which was 12 KiloFOE.

However, he did this by colliding Mjolnir with Beta Ray Bill's Stormbreaker, so he only provided half the energy.

Thor is likely around 6 or 7 KiloFOE.

Most of Marvel's 4-B are scaled from him. Sentry is the strongest 4-B at 1 MegaFOE, and the only who scales to him is World War Hulk.

RinkakuKagune said:
John probably has the most willpower as he once overloaded the ring when he creates a solar system (the same year that all green lanterns are currently scaled to).
Every single DC 4-B is scaled to Superman throwing the solar system (6.9 KiloFOE), and him and Flash performing the Infinite Mass Punch (615.9 KiloFOE), as Wonder Woman is capable of easily tanking several in rapid succession from Zoom.

But yeah, what he means by not all Lanterns are created equal is, the Lanterns you read about are badasses and everyone else sucks.

Even the ones you read about are not equal. Some are smarter. Others create more complex constructs. I wouldn't pit Jessica Cruz against any other of the main stay Green Lanterns in rebirth. The most I know about John (from the comics) is that his constructs are generally more complex and his experience comes from engineering, and being a Marine, and not a pilot, like Hal.

In terms of pure will power, I'd say Hal and John are pretty comparable. Its just i don't know much about their individual feats or general fighting styles as I've read all of two stories for Green Lantern in his own series. I've read a lot more Thor, so I feel safe commenting on him, just not so much for John.

Though if he is in the 600 kilafoe range, I might vote John just for being, what? 100x stronger?

Ok. But the infinite mass punch is ca. 1 kilofoe and not 615 kilofoe or 600 kilofoe, or did I understand something wrong ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back