• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor Lifting Strength Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I am neutral about scaling this feat to Thor exerting himself to his maximum only.

To a degree, yes, but that does not explain how they can be injured by comparatively trivial conventional damage.

To a degree, yes, but that does not explain how they can be injured by comparatively trivial conventional damage.
This is just a common trope in fiction, where a character's emotional state or determination can shift their strength levels drastically. Anime stuff even has a name for this, "power of friendship" or whatever.

Hulk's highest tier feats are wank, plain and simple, the Nightcrawler """universe""" deadass is tier 7 in the relevant way Hulk destroys it, and Crossroads is ****** up by the wackiest scaling required to pull off the feat, Ironclad is just not Low 2-C, and U-Foes are NEVER as powerful as that one arc ever again, hell they go back to Spider-Man tier.

Like at the end of the day Thor genuinely does tend to have the best showcase along all of them, going all out, which genuinely shouldn't scale to the others

Last edited:
It is because superhero comic books are so ridiculously inconsistent, so we have tried to find some degree of consistency for the feats, and we have certainly considered a far greater amount of low level limitation feats as outliers than we have the greatest ones.

Can we really claim that a High 3-A Ironclad is a reliable rating?

I am not sure though. Further input from knowledgeable members would be very appreciated.

What do you think, @The_Impress and @Firestorm808 ?
I refrain from calling things outliers unless I have the numbers to back it up, and I'm unfamiliar with Ironclad.

Like at the end of the day Thor genuinely does tend to have the best showcase along all of them, going all out, which genuinely shouldn't scale to the others
So given that, if I remember correctly, Thor reversed time through sheer physical power in all the 9 Worlds/Universes, by moving the World Engine, should we consider this as using the same principle as his 2-C God Blast, and give base Thor Low Multiverse level attack potency and Immeasurable lifting strength statistics when exerting himself to his absolute peak?

Okay. I suppose that I am fine with if it is applied then. However, we need further input/confirmations from knowledgeable members, given that this is a quite drastic change.

So given that, if I remember correctly, Thor reversed time through sheer physical power in all the 9 Worlds/Universes, by moving the World Engine, should we consider this as using the same principle as his 2-C God Blast, and give base Thor Low Multiverse level attack potency and Immeasurable lifting strength statistics when exerting himself to his absolute peak?
Yeah, that's valid imo.
Okay. I suppose that I am fine with if it is applied then. However, we need further input/confirmations from knowledgeable members, given that this is a quite drastic change.
@Eficiente @Qawsedf234 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @Ehnkr2beboh @Elizio33 @LordTracer @Confluctor @MarvelFanatic119 @catzlaflame @Armorchompy @Alonik

What do you think about this?

To be honest I'm surprised it took this long for the possibility of Base Thor's peak being up to Tier 2 to be brought up.

I'm good with simply rating him from his lowest (HIgh 6-C) to highest (*2-C) ranking.

Last edited:
Well, we need the 3-C rating as well for scaling to other characters.

Also, I think that he would be 2-C at his peak, not Low 2-C.

Hulk's highest tier feats are wank, plain and simple, the Nightcrawler """universe""" deadass is tier 7 in the relevant way Hulk destroys it, and Crossroads is ****** up by the wackiest scaling required to pull off the feat, Ironclad is just not Low 2-C, and U-Foes are NEVER as powerful as that one arc ever again, hell they go back to Spider-Man tier.
Ironclad and The rest of The U-Foes powers were fluctuating as a result of Vector's repelling powers which affect reality and also the time disturbance in the Crossroads. So it is possible that The U-Foes powers were increased temporary because Ironclad should be at least 6-C or High 6-C at best.

jwp8QelGDhA6fP7Ck1M7AWK2wZHvauEqE6nZdcy9K_9NFY1zAU9vHfOBA0vleyOySE0ee27s4jvd=s1600
uGntlr4v92T3UBw_EW2QURbCTnoQgG-pn9UPAhZ59IpIpBTlbM8CAdEmAdnPTQiddHafTWyZpNzk=s1600

kFnuCN7JmoS-3hJIzrQhCWEcV9W9IobATngt4N1YAaABIVP8z8c5EwYbPJ1jvuIU7jZoiRm6SRSt=s1600

WzdA001CdRqRI2KBOrI6D0LwS7KN1a6jBY_7LHBTSafor9d6sUxnPY3HUM74wYsu-ko4sgGpMRKG=s1600

Cy8BiyOZb6BhBMQUaXT5APiyIPLyJKJgCJjUFzdLz3pYTPHKt2IC1HzQYbPfuFDb4pmPrb3xPnt5=s1600

Incredible Hulk Vol 1 #304 and 305

Last edited:
Ironclad and The rest of The U-Foes powers were fluctuating as a result of Vector's repelling powers which affect reality and also the time disturbance in the Crossroads. So it is possible that The U-Foes powers were increased temporary because Ironclad should be at least 6-C or High 6-C at best.

Incredible Hulk Vol 1 #304 and 305
This is headcanon.

I would appreciate further input about the regular Thor (without Odinforce) upgrade.

This is headcanon.
Actually it was Vector's power that cause the amp.

Source: Marvel Database

Last edited:
That being said, if I haven't said this already, I am in full agreement with upgrading Thor's absolute peak limit that nobody else scales to.

I agree with Impress.

It should be “High 6-C normally, 3-C at his peak, up to 2-C by overexerting himself” as absolute peak or absolute max limit can be worded in 1 word and Thor can overexert himself without being 2-C.

I think that the following wording seems a bit better/reads as being less repetitive and self-contradictory.

"High 6-C when holding back. 3-C when not holding back. 2-C at his absolute maximum upper limit."

Well, ". 2-C" is not really clear? A point is often used when referring to a non-standard thing a character can get, but Thor can basically do this at any time. ", up to 2-C" seems more correct.

Please elaborate/be more specific regarding what wording that you currently intend to use.

High 6-C normally or when holding back, 3-C at his peak or when not holding back, up to 2-C by overexerting himself

Of course, the wording in the explanations in his AP should also give some clarity.

Thank you. So is somebody here willing to properly apply that change to Thor's page then? Also, how should we properly explain the World Engine feat? Can somebody reread the Warren Ellis story in question please?

I'm fine with the feat being considered legitimate for his self-sacrifice level. However, I'm a bit confused by some of these messages. Is this feat going to be correlated with his God Blast feats for his self-sacrifice level, or are they going to be two separate statistics? Both are logically sound imo, but the latter would bloat the page a bit.

Well, maybe we could word it somewhat like this?

"High 6-C when holding back, 3-C when not holding back, up to 2-C by overexerting himself or via the God-Blast."

Well, maybe we could word it somewhat like this?

"High 6-C when holding back, 3-C when not holding back, up to 2-C by overexerting himself or via the God-Blast."
That's a possible way for sure. Though, if the God Blast drains his lifeforce, and requires all of his energies, could it be considered a different way of overexerting himself? If the conditions for this feat and the God Blast are considered different enough, I'm fine with what you suggested.

Also, here's an imgur file I made giving all the scans and context for the feat I could find. If anyone has additions/suggestions, I'm open.
Edit: Also for full transparency, a lot of the research and observations were made by my friend @Supreme_odin, and most credit goes to him, but I read the issues over to double check things for myself.

A similar principle applies with Thor's God-Blast, yes.

Thank you for the image gallery, but how should we word the justification for the feat in Thor's wiki page?

Would something like this be acceptable and accurately described?

"(Reversed time in all of the Nine Worlds through sheer physical force by pushing the World Engine which contained Ygdrasil, the world tree.)"

Seems good to me and covers everything, though would the tiering be just 2-C, or 2-C possibly 2-A? I know the way we tier Yggdrasil-feats depends on if it was affecting just the 9 realms or the entirety of Yggdrasil, so what would this be affecting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back