• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor Lifting Strength Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellence616

He/Him
Thor's lifting strength should be upgrade to Immeasurable since he was able to push the world engine which held the tree of yggdrasil.
Thor #494 (1995)

Last edited:
Yeah, I disagree with this. Plus, it's mandatory to list the specific comic book because there have been far too many cases in various Marvel/DC related revisions where people post one specific page, but the idea of it being a feat is later added context that the proposed feat is actually a red herring.

Oh, if this was a feat for Ruin King Thor or a similar form, I'd got no objections. But my other point about comic book issue being sourced so someone who happens to have access to said comic can read it up to say it's consistent with context should be done for future revisions like this.

Also, this is a good showing of his accelerated development too (not sure if we accept that on the wiki tho). But essentially, he had force himself beyond his limits and grow in power to reach a new absolute peak for himself so far. And on top of that, he says how much it hurts and how painful it is, so I am not surprised that he doesn't want to do something on this level again. So, no, not really an outlier. At all.

Yeah, I disagree with this. Plus, it's mandatory to list the specific comic book because there have been far too many cases in various Marvel/DC related revisions where people post one specific page, but the idea of it being a feat is later added context that the proposed feat is actually a red herring.
Thor #494 (1995)

If you read the scan, yes. This isn't peak with amps or anything, just base.
Read the scans given in the OP and Thor said he was growing which seems to be the only thing indicating he was at his peak peak(unless I am blind lol). But upgrading with that single statement and a single feat seems a bit iffy so I will stay neutral.

As I explained earlier, Thor is pushing beyond his limits physically and is reaching a new peak in terms of power, but going this far is going to kill him. So, it's not something he would probably want to do ever again. Many characters don't have death wish

Hercules and especially Hulk (since he pushed a 10x stronger than normal warrior's madness Thor towards the ground with one arm) Should scale to Thor

Hercules and especially Hulk (since he pushed a 10x stronger than normal warrior's madness Thor towards the ground with one arm) Should scale to Thor
No, not the same scenario. By a longshot, again, Thor is about to basically die doing the shit in the OP, and it is straight up not his usual limits, he says it himself, this is beyond his static limits.

Why in the utter **** is Warrior's Madness Thor REMOTELY comparable to this?:
How does that work?
Thor's pushing past his own limits at the risk of his very own death. Unless Thor's literally dying while exerting himself in any other feat, this wouldn't scale.

I know this is Immeasurable Lifting strength what what tier is this Attack Potency wise? Is this some suicide technique that surpasses the God Blast in terms of power? And also something that surpasses Odinforce Thor?

No, not at all. No scaling is to be done. Where are you guys get WM from? Thats not the same.

thor absorbed the god bomb and was pushing his limits so hard he was going to die. Same situation as pushing the world tree
Hmm, ig?

I know this is Immeasurable Lifting strength what what tier is this Attack Potency wise? Is this some suicide technique that surpasses the God Blast in terms of power? And also something that surpasses Odinforce Thor?
It doesn't need to surpass God Blast nor it does. But yes, this is a suicide attack in a way. Literally him at his absolute peak peak without amps or special techniques

As for AP, probably universe level or so.

Even if it wasn't an outlier, the feat would cause far to many issues to include as some nominal raring since so many people end up scaling to Thor.

It's like Superman lifting the universe because he was super good person. Se things just can't be qualified or shouldn't be used for a comic character.

The difference is that the Superman example has evidence it's a feat for Skyfather (I think that's who the diety person was) and not Superman. And the same guy casted some magic where the universe would lift itself as long as Superman has strong hope when he also clearly admits Superman doesn't have the physical strength to lift it with his hands.

In Thor's case, there's no indication he was amped by his father Odin as opposed to him just using his own strength or Yggdrasil moving on it's own volition. AFAIK

Even if it wasn't an outlier, the feat would cause far to many issues to include as some nominal raring since so many people end up scaling to Thor.
No, it wouldn't. But in any case, name 10 characters that would scale to him - aside from amped thor forms
It's like Superman lifting the universe because he was super good person. Se things just can't be qualified or shouldn't be used for a comic character.
Irrelevant comparison. Two different verses and characters. There is no correleation. And this is quantifiable.

But WM Thor should be stronger than Base Thor at peak or might be equal to Base Thor since Thor feared going into WM.
WM is still thor at his base, just slightly stronger than his base self. That's a 10x amp via rage. Still within limits. This is him breaking those limits of his.

No, it wouldn't. But in any case, name 10 characters that would scale to
With everything the Skyfathers, Hulk, Hercules, Atlas, Gorr and Mangog.

Irrelevant comparison. Two different verses and characters. There is no correleation
Restating the same sentence three times doesn't really reinforce your point there.

The comparison is apt anyways since it follows the same principal.

And this is quantifiable.
Its still massively above everything else he has and he'd notably struggled with much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back