• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thor and Odin scaling to Captain Marvel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most characters can't usually hold back durability. But then we have Kratos getting killed by GoW Thor when both were holding back, and later shook off a direct strike from a bloodlusted Thor when Kratos held back way less.
This is actually a lil explained , the Blades of Chaos amo Kratos’ rage which Amps his strength, that’s the reason he no sold Thor

I'm not sure given I do not know much about Carol Danvers, but Thor and Hulk are typically portrayed as being far superior to their peers when fighting at absolute seriousness so we should try to be strict when scaling them to other Avengers or mutants.
First recently captain marvel started to be portrayed more on pair with the heavy hitters than she was before.
And second I think I explained that part captain marvel in no way is scaling to the same level has the current Thor at this point Thor already scaled to 2-C if I'm not mistaken but we all know Thor holds back which is what I'm talking about here.
In reality when I said captain marvel scales to Thor is kind of a click bait to attract people to read my thread because in reality I scaled captain marvel to starbrand, King killmonger,Firelord etc.. and not directly to Thor but it's technically true that Captain Marvel is scaling the same level as Thor was at that moment while he was holding back.

Last edited:
Captain Marvel scaling to Heralds sounds Not So Good as she can't even beat a holding back Hulk on multiple occasions.
God Christ we can't keep limit her because of that scene that become popular, also like i said she become stronger in her current runs in avenger and captain marvel in 2018 and 2019 respectfully so her current version is not scaling on previous characters. And she defeated beast she hulk that is pretty much hulk since it isn't exactly racional anymore, also if you try to bring that she hulk was winning you will have to remember that she already wasted a lot of energy before she wasn't prepared to fight she hulk.

Yeah, the planetary side of Hulk seems fine; but I'd avoid giving her the cosmic tier scaling unless she has her own.
Her own what? Her own feat? Just like the millions of characters that have scaling and not a single actual feat?
Grey Hulk also does. And it's stated multiple times that Grey Hulk is weaker than Savage Hulk, regardless of rage increasing strength

This is irrelevant anyway since Grey Hulk is only 5-B anyway and you're proposing 3-C
Which doesn't matter since savage hulk is scaling way above galaxy 2-C as savage form he will still be much stronger than captain marvel

I can't speak on anything recent Captain Marvel's Comic runs but post 2018 and 2019 and especially in recent times I can say she's been for sure been represented more and moreso as a heavy hitter across recent media I can attest to that, the most recent example in my mind is midnight suns where she's stronger than Thor but weaker than hulk

He still scales to 3-C as one of his tiers
And savage hulk also has a planet level tier so? Are we downgrading captain marvel because of that? As i said before this doesn't even matter because her current power doesn't scale to her previous versions only the current one.
But this is derailing
Well it's not my fault the derailing started when he mentioned a previous version of caption marvel that isn't as strong as her current version

I can't speak on anything recent Captain Marvel's Comic runs but post 2018 and 2019 and especially in recent times I can say she's been for sure been represented more and moreso as a heavy hitter across recent media I can attest to that, the most recent example in my mind is midnight suns where she's stronger than Thor but weaker than hulk
As someone who haven't read the current runs of captain marvel how does it sound the multiple times she fought galaxy level opponents? Do you think there are enough scans to at least make you think twice about rejecting?

Well I haven't offered any rejection at all, if there's precedent for it and its argued decently enough then yeah I could

Agree on the speed part for now
No I'm neutral
Btw i put this on the power abilities thread to have na help knowing what exacly this classify as but i got no response yet and since this thread its already about her i think there is no problem

During her run she ended up doing this avatar i already put on her profile as in Life Manipulation but im not sure.
And also would like to know if the abilities of this avatar should be added to Carol Danvers profile, I mean this new avatar is energy based and so its intagible and can pass through walls, but Carol Danvers she cant do that she is made of flesh and blood so im not sure how to make this work

image.png

image.png

Can we get some clearer scans of her flying the distance if we get that I can agree to the MFTL speeds and yeah i am leaning towards 3-C more than I am anything higher but as I said I'm not remotely caught up so my opinion doesn't reall equate to much

Well, the main problem here is that, as far as I am aware, Carol's absolute peak raw power feats as Binary cap at 4-C, whereas even base level Thor's absolute peak feats cap at 2-C, and Odinforce Thor has the power of his father, Odin, who might be somewhere within tier Low 1-C at his peak, so this seems to be a case of Marvel Comics' standard "everybody can fight everybody, as long as the responsible writer is biased in favour of the weaker character".

Speaking of which, I think that this isn't remotely just a problem for Carol, but for almost all of the character pages in our wiki that currently scale from Thor, Hulk, or the Silver Surfer, which I think is exactly the type of negative development that Impress warned us about before she left, so I would greatly appreciate help with fixing our Marvel Comics character pages in general so they all scale to a much greater degree from their own feats and consistent portrayals, rather than chain-scaling most characters from extreme outliers downwards or upwards. Accuracy and reliability for our wiki as a whole are far more important than squeezing as high tiers as possible out of all our members' favourite characters.

Last edited:
Well, the main problem here is that, as far as I am aware, Carol's absolute peak raw power feats as Binary cap at 4-C, whereas even base level Thor's absolute peak feats cap at 2-C, and Odinforce Thor has the power of his father, Odin, who might be somewhere within tier Low 1-C at his peak, so this seems to be a case of Marvel Comics' standard "everybody can fight everybody, as long as the responsible writer is biased in favour of the weaker character".
Would like to make clear that if you read the first part of my thread you will know that she become more powerful than she was before so the current Carol is more powerful than the old Carol that had a cap limit of 4-C, a tier which by the way she never got. About everybody fighting everybody is not the case on those cases scenarios you can even see being on the level of Captain America fighting Thor level threads which in most of the examples i showed that doesnt happen. Example Cosmic Ghost Rider the only reason Cap managed to appear in the fight was while amped by a celestial something that Carol was not, against Firelord and Terrax not only was she in Binary mode as she was fighting alongside She hulk and not the normal she hulk an amped She hulk probably on par with Savage hulk or close.
I really dont see much of a problem considering her profile is heavily outdated her binary power is scaling of a single feat of the first time she used it a feat that happened decades ago.
Speaking of which, I think that this isn't remotely just a problem for Carol, but for almost all of the character pages in our wiki that currently scale from Thor, Hulk, or the Silver Surfer, which I think is exactly the type of negative development that Impress warned us about before she left, so I would greatly appreciate help with fixing our Marvel Comics character pages in general so they all scale to a much greater degree from their own feats and consistent portrayals, rather than chain-scaling most characters from extreme outliers downwards or upwards. Accuracy and reliability are far more important than squeezing as high tiers as possible out of all characters.
She isnt scaling only to those few she is scaling with Starbrand, Firelord, Terrax, even weakened Odin. I find what you are saying ridiculous most of the scaling we have on heralds come from normal thor before he even got the Odinforce considering he only got it somewhere about late 90's to early 2000's which has many feats to support his tier of his own. If by any chance there is really a change on Marvel profiles it will only be about Odinforce Thor and his 2-C tier anything bellow that wont change he has way to many feats to change that. Is ironic how the reason they should keep their tier is because their profiles is outdated with feats from the 60's 70's and 80's.

I am saying that her greatest feats other than fighting other characters currently caps at 4-C as far as I am aware. Fighting objectively far more powerful characters is just about writers showing favouritism for her, despite how hollow and boring she tends to be as a character, likely mainly because the people who control the MCU have decided to make her their most powerful superhero character.

I am saying that her greatest feats other than fighting other characters currently caps at 4-C as far as I am aware. Fighting objectively far more powerful characters is just about writers showing favouritism for her, despite how hollow and boring she tends to be as a character, likely mainly because the people who control the MCU have decided to make her their most powerful superhero character.
So? Then should we downgrade Thor because he was one of Marvel's favorites for a long while? As i mentioned before i presented feats from 2 different writters and Jason Aaron is not the type to show favoritism on Captain Marvel anyways. The fact that Marvel might want her to be seen as more powerful doesnt mean we should ignore it, now thats favoritism, its just part of her character now the same way Thor and Hulk have been shown favoritism over the years and dont get me started on Superman.

And again a 4-C tier that she doesnt have so are you agreeing on givign her 4-C or are you just talking about a completely different character?

I am saying that I remember her almost killing herself from gradually saving the Earth's Sun from an infection, and that you mentioned that she recharged another star, both in her Binary form, so if that is correct, I think that she should have sufficient power to scale to 4-C in her Binary state, yes.

However, Thor is at least scaled from his own feats, rather than strictly scaling from other characters, even though I think that those feats are likely outliers.

I am curious to know what "4-C" feat she has, but I think there are plans to get of galaxy level for various characters via because they fought against a "Moderately held back Hulk, Thor, Sentry, or Silver Surfer". But even so, I'd prefer if either Carol Danvers scales from her own best feat and/or scales from the weaker end and not the upper half or absolute peaks. And most of the whatboutisms for other Marvel characters just means some of those characters need to be downgraded too.

Yes, we need to change our approach regarding Marvel Comics to have characters mainly scale from their own explicit feats, especially if their established peaks rate far below the characters that they scale from.

I am saying that I remember her almost killing herself from gradually saving the Earth's Sun from an infection, and that you mentioned that she recharged another star, both in her Binary form, so if that is correct, I think that she should have sufficient power to scale to 4-C in her Binary state, yes.
I think I clearly stated multiple times how she got stronger now. Anyways to begin with she should have a note about her power level that depends on how much energy she got, that should have been there since she first got her binary powers decreased. Also I have no ideia why you stuck on something that happened decades ago even her profile pic is like 10 years old now.
However, Thor is at least scaled from his own feats, rather than strictly scaling from other characters, even though I think that those feats are likely outliers.
Great so now a character with 5 consistent feats and all of them are outliers? Those are just the ones on his profile under the normal Thor key pretty sure that if you took out those feats there would be another theard with more of them.
About feats we all know that those are very hard to get since they are heroes they do not destroy planets for fun, most of the characters here are scaling most verses have 1 or 2 characters with actual feats and 10 or 20 scaling from it. She is a hero and one who tends to hold back against humans just like Thor and most of her stories are around earth or normal level aliens

Yes, we need to change our approach regarding Marvel Comics to have characters mainly scale from their own explicit feats, especially if their established peaks rate far below the characters that they scale from.
Whats the established peak to a character that just got an amp? Are we supposed to keep the character at the same level has before because she will now and forever be limited by their peak established before?

I thought that he star-level feat that you mentioned happened recently.

Anyway, if she was further powered-up after that, I think that we need to wait and see if it lasts and how she consistently compares to other characters.

I thought that he star-level feat that you mentioned happened recently.

Anyway, if she was further powered-up after that, I think that we need to wait and see if it lasts and how she consistently compares to other characters.
The feat i mentioned it was a future version of her from a comic called capptain marvel the end its not clear if she kept the power because because her appearance is completely different from now her energy is white her constume is much like Spectrum/Photon.
It lasted at least 64 issues up until now and probably one if not the longest Captain Marvel run since ever and there was no mention about any kind of temporary amp until now she just got more powerful on her own which i also explained in my thread that an Alien called Cru stated she had powers she dormamt on her this happened in 2006 before the MCU even started. We already have a consistent scaling i just showed you if you actually go read her own comic you gonna see the characters she fights and how most of the times she is just low on energy. Even Doctor Strange admitted she was too powerful, during a trial of magic Enchantress, Agatha, Magik Vodoo among others were restraining her with magic her "weakness" and still said she was a danger. She is being portrayed as more powerful.
What do you expect? That i came here in a year or so with 3 or 4 more feats? And then what? You gonna say i need 3 or 4 more and we keep at it until you start to have a more likings toward her? Favoritism as it's finest

Last edited:
I am just saying that I much prefer to scale Carol and all other Marvel Comics characters from their own explicit feats, and not feats by other versions of them from alternative timelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back