• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Worst Wrestler of All Time vs The Protagonist of The Worst Animated Show of All Time (James Ellsworth vs Velma)

I'm guessing Velma's the new She-Hulk.
not again
latest

I meant shows in general not specifically live action or animated
While I'm not as familiar with live action shows as I am with animated ones, I still feel the quality of shows hasn't really dipped too much compared to recent decades. Now if you're talking about the quantity of shows that start out good, but end really shitty, that has increased dramatically.

While I'm not as familiar with live action shows as I am with animated ones, I still feel the quality of shows hasn't really dipped too much compared to recent decades. Now if you're talking about the quantity of shows that start out good, but end really shitty, that has increased dramatically.
I guess that could work as long as it’s something bad that’s increasing dramatically

Imo, there are good shows out there, it's just that all of the good ones get cancelled before they get to show their full potential.

yeha people forget how 1970's kept using the same idea but with a different style (Scobbie doo clones, etc)
2000's had a lot of cheap flash especially later on in the decade

yeah i think the problem with some modern shows, especially the animated ones, are more used to make profit

but there are still shows that you can tell they made it with heart like Primal, a masterpiece of animation

I mean it all depends on where you look and what you're into for TV currently, personally I think TV's been doing great, especially compared to what it was decades ago (not to say that all TV from decades ago is bad, the first 8-9 seasons of The Simpsons and many other shows still go hard). Shows like Atlanta, Fargo, Breaking Bad and its spin-offs, BoJack Horseman, and It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia are some of the best TV to come out of the 2010's imo and really show what can be done with the medium.

Also, tbf, Velma can't be compared to other modern cartoons. I mean I agree that they've fallen off, but Velma is on a whole other level of shit. I would go as far as saying it's legitimately one of the worst animated TV series of all time. When you like watching a TV show, it's good, when you dislike watching a TV show, it's bad, when you think it's a waste of time to watch a TV show, it sucks, but when you would rather stab your hand with a fork than watch a TV show, it has to be absolutely ******* horrendous.

Back