• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The World's Mightiest (FT vs NNT)

Escanor has resisted Estarossa nullifying his Grace before, but he needed to progress to his Late Morning form for that to be possible. Given that Escanor can't really get much stronger with the circumstances in the OP, I don't think that mehtod will work here.

• Gildarts: 4
  • Escanor: 1
@Lorenzo Escanor has Rita, speed is all that is equalised and let's say both are bloodlusted to make things interesting. I will update the OP to include these things.

• Gildarts: 5 (1997KD, HenryWong122, Misogi2, Calaca Vs, DragonSmperor23)
  • Escanor:2 (Schnee One, Lorenzo.r.2nd)

Schnee One said:
Escanor Via overwhelming AP advantage, skill in combat, and resistance to power null via sunshine

Lazy, but true
Escanor didn't have resistance to powernull, skill wise both sre nearly equal

So reviewing the votes and the character profiles, I'm a little confused on Escanor's resistance to power null, is it only against demonic curses as his profile suggests? Because if that is the case I will have to reject the votes for Escanor that rely on that since Gildarts magic isn't a curse or demonic.

If someone has knowledge on this would u mind clarifying it for me?

Eh, kinda. He got the resistance from having a Grace and the SD made it so that Grace peeps aren't effected by the Commandments, one of which includes powernull. Merlin, who's kind of in a similar scenario, had resistances given to curses.

Thank you.

I will have to reject the votes for Escanor, since the votes rely partly on Escanor being resistant to power null. Reasoning being that his "Grace" is specifically tailored to counter the "Commandments" powers that for all intents and purposes are demonic curses, a criteria Gildarts doesn't satisfy.

If my reasoning is flawed and the votes should remain please let me know

Davidsteel1 said:
*Gildarts: 5 (1997KD, HenryWong122, Misogi2, Calaca Vs, DragonSmperor23)
  • Escanor:2 (Schnee One, Lorenzo.r.2nd)
This but without the Escanor votes because

"I will have to reject the votes for Escanor, since the votes rely partly on Escanor being resistant to power null. Reasoning being that his "Grace" is specifically tailored to counter the "Commandments" powers that for all intents and purposes are demonic curses, a criteria Gildarts doesn't satisfy."

It also explains on his profile.

"Resistance to Commandments (Graces make their holders immune to Demonic Curses)"

There was other reasoning in some of the votes for Escanor besides resistance to power nullification that I find valid such as the AP difference.

He has attacks that Gildarts has to focus his abilities on or he gets one shotted. Two of these abilities he can use from range, being his Sacred Treasure Release and Cruel Sun.

I'm gonna have to go with Gildarts for reasons already stated. Yes, Escanor carries a sizable AP advantage, but Gildarts simply disassembles. And considering both are BLd...

@GalaxianAegis, Gildarts disassembly doesn't need much focus so Escanor's ranged options are hard countered.

That said, u r right that Escanor's AP is an advantage but I didn't count that since it didn't seem plausible that Escanor would land a hit. And it doesn't come across as enough of an advantage to tip the scales in his favour that's y I didn't count the votes.

They are? Thanks, I'm not gonna be near a computer for a while, I'll add them as soon as I have the chance. But if someone else gets the opportunity b4 me pls add it

Back