• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The World's Mightiest (FT vs NNT)

I dedicate this thread to all those people out there who are tired of seeing FT vs threads that are solely about Natsu and Erza.

I don't know why this hasn't been done before, but I figure better late than never right? Gildarts Clive the mightiest fairy takes on Escanor the greatest sin (calling him anything less would be an insult to his pride). Who u got?

Fairy-tail-495-gildarts-gilfrost
EscanorThumb

Battle conditions

• Escanor has Rita
  • Speed is equalised
  • The battle takes place in a dimension perpetually stuck in mid-morning to make this as fair a fight as possible
  • Both characters are bloodlusted, meaning both are able and willing to use anything and everything in their disposal to win

Gildarts via power null, and crash magic, he already have experience against fire type + he can null escanor any long-range attackk, as well as his divine axe, if he use all crash it over for escanor

1997KD said:
Gildarts via power null, and crash magic, he already have experience against fire type + he can null escanor any long-range attackk, as well as his divine axe, if he use all crash it over for escanor
AP for this guy? Escanor is massively above 43 gigatons in this state.

Any proof he can destroy an axe with Low 6-B durability?

@Versus Gildarts scales to being superior to Natsu who casually performed a 24 gigaton feat.

That said, Gildarts negates durability due to the nature of his magic.

Gildarts is At least 6-C scaling above Natsu and being somewhat able to damage a High 6-C character.

But yeah, he's this with his magic and Durability negation. Gildarts sneezes and no more Rhitta.

Davidsteel1 said:
@Versus Gildarts scales to being superior to Natsu who casually performed a 24 gigaton feat.
That said, Gildarts negates durability due to the nature of his magic.
Escanor nearly one-shotted a guy who is stronger than a guy who casually sliced off a 43 gigaton guy's arm.

Spin it however you like, Escanor can likely one-shot. Even without Rhitta.

Davidsteel1 said:
@Junkie I wasn't spinning anything? But whatever I'll count ur vote I guess
  • Gildarts: 4
  • Escanor: 1
I'm not voting for anything. I never vote on FT threads (Because they tend to go south in the event of serious debates) Just giving info about Escanor's AP that was absent

Escanor nearly one-shotted a guy who is stronger than a guy who casually sliced off a 43 gigaton guy's arm.

Spin it however you like, Escanor can likely one-shot. Even without Rhitta. </div> Ap stomp required at least x7.5 times gap to call it a ap stomp

The 24 Gigaton feat that Gildarts is superior to was created by just being in the area of the attack. As in, Natsu did an attack and did a 24 gigaton feat by just being in that area.

DragonEmperor23 said:
The 24 Gigaton feat that Gildarts is superior to was created by just being in the area of the attack. As in, Natsu did an attack and did a 24 gigaton feat by just being in that area.
And? What of it? Escanor stomps people with a greater scaling chain

"Everything is an AP stomp: The Movie"

Despite that Gildarts ignores Durability and power nulls.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Except Escanor kinda resists power null via Sunshine Grace granting protection against Commandments, such as one that prevents people from even walking forward.

And what's stopping Escanor from bisecting him in two with his hands? Or the heat and light he can emit from just his body completely vaporizing him?
Sunshine itself didn't protect Escanor from the love, Escanor simply held no hate.

Love is Paralysis Inducement tho. It's not the same.

Gildarts scale far above that. See the higher section of his profile. The one he slightly harmed was August, who scales to 500 Gigatons.

Calaca Vs said:
Love is Paralysis Inducement tho. It's not the same.
Gildarts scale far above that. See the higher section of his profile. The one he slightly harmed was August, who scales to 500 Gigatons.
So I take it this guy fires off his durability negating attack striaght away? Escanor has no way to counter that. Not in character anyways. Escanor needs to be bloodlusted otherwise he doesn't have a chance, and this is just one-sided.

Unquantifiable. He's not even in the + range. If his feat is slightly harming a High 6-C, he should either be in the + range or just be baseline.

@hst

Wrong. Graces protect their holders from the effects of Commandments. Escanor would've been protected regardless of wether or not he felt hate.

That's his gimmick. There's no stomp if Escanor is still outright superior to Gildarts in power. It's just that it's not a stomp. In this case Escanor can just slap Gildarts with ease while Gildarts can dissassemble Rhitta, the Cruel Sun and Escanor himself.

Calaca Vs said:
That's his gimmick. There's no stomp if Escanor is still outright superior to Gildarts in power. It's just that it's not a stomp. In this case Escanor can just slap Gildarts with ease while Gildarts can dissassemble Rhitta, the Cruel Sun and Escanor himself.
A haxed guy in a lower tier can still completely stomp someone multiple tiers above them if they would literally be unable to counter it in character.

Either Escanor is bloodlusted, or given knowledge on Crash. Otherwise, he doesn't have any chance in character.

But anyways I'm out. Since a trend I've noticed is that NNT is regularly downplayed in FT matches, and the FT side wanked to some degree.

Yeah, if the haxxed guy has hax that kill passively or it's far above anything the other guy can do like Conceptual Manipulation or some kind of Immortality the other one cannot bypass. This is Dura Negation, one of the most common and yet best types of hax, and Power Null. But none of this is enough to give Gildarts the stomp treatment.

VersusJunkie54 said:
@hst

Wrong. Graces protect their holders from the effects of Commandments. Escanor would've been protected regardless of wether or not he felt hate.
I don't remember this, do you have the scan or chapter number?

Also this is Mid-Morning Escanor and the area they're in is in perpetual Mid-Morning. Sorta like Twilight Town is perpetually in Twilight.

"Since a trend I've noticed is that NNT is regularly downplayed in FT matches, and the FT side wanked to some degree. "

It's kind of funny because he's somewhat right, but in this case isn't at least from my side.

VersusJunkie54 wrote: Except Escanor kinda resists power null via Sunshine Grace granting protection against Commandments, such as one that prevents people from even walking forward.

And what's stopping Escanor from bisecting him in two with his hands? Or the heat and light he can emit from just his body completely vaporizing him? </div> This is what stated in his profile "Likely Resistance to Commandments (Graces make their holders immune to Demonic Curses)" they are resist to demonic curse Also gil null attack by splitting it, escanor goingo close to him can be a bad choice since he will just split his hand.

Quick interjection, debates on the power of the characters is fine (that's the whole point of the thread after all) but let's keep on topic.

No offhanded comments that not so subtly throw shade at either party, no matter how "true" or "untrue" the shade is, please and thank you.

Escanor seems to have a massive AP advantage as Versus said via his scaling chain. Not voting yet either, but if Escanor got into close quarter combat doesn't he have a massive advantage to win given the AP advantage?

@Galaxian yes, Escanor could probably trounce Gildarts if he gets in close, but the opposite is also very much true with Gildarts. The way things are shaping up the winner will be whoever lands the first hit.

Has Gildarts shown himself to nullify attacks on the potency that Escanor would be using? That might impact whether or not he'd have trouble negating a massive AoE attack like Escanor's Cruel Sun.

Escanor Via overwhelming AP advantage, skill in combat, and resistance to power null via sunshine

Lazy, but true

Grace gives resistance to demonic curse like commandments, and gildarts power null comes from breaking or splitting an attack.

GalaxianAegis said:
Has Gildarts shown himself to nullify attacks on the potency that Escanor would be using? That might impact whether or not he'd have trouble negating a massive AoE attack like Escanor's Cruel Sun.
His Disassembly magic does have a large AoE, able to dissasemble a mountain by accident.

Screenshot 20190224-021647
Also idk where there resistance of commandment is comes from, because of sd protection or because of grace

Back