• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wolf howls at Lightning - Wolf vs Raiden

The Mortal Blade does negate durability. Performing the Mortal Draw imbues the blade with an energy that not only extends reach, but also bypasses blocking. If Sekiro's own sword gets cut by Murasama, Wolf would have no choice but to keep performing Mortal Draw. Plus, the extended reach is pure energy, so Raiden can't cut it.

Ok, if the Mortal Blade bypasses durability then this definitely isn't a stomp, but the fact still stands that it's in-character for Raiden to amp himself up and go for the kill, at that point Raiden becomes at least 10 times faster than Wolf as well as stronger. The immortality is going to kick in, Raiden is going to notice him from the Soliton Radar and go for the kill again. After the second resurrection, Raiden is going to realize something's off and he's going to try and incap him to question him or something like that. Does Wolf ever une Mortal Draw without a sword? Because the description for the Enhanced Mortal Draw is "a secret technique using the mortal blade [...]", which kinda implies that he needs a sword to perform it

Sir Ovens said:
The Mortal Blade does negate durability. Performing the Mortal Draw imbues the blade with an energy that not only extends reach, but also bypasses blocking. If Sekiro's own sword gets cut by Murasama, Wolf would have no choice but to keep performing Mortal Draw. Plus, the extended reach is pure energy, so Raiden can't cut it.
The problem is that Raiden's blocking means that his blade is going to come in contact with the sword, cutting it in the process

He has two swords, one is his actual sword, the other is the Mortal Blade, which is an odachi he has on his back. If his own sword is broken, he obviously only has one option left.

Exactly what it sounds like, when the sword is swung it has a slight extended reach of what seems like a mass of shadows/energy

Sir Ovens said:
He has two swords, one is his actual sword, the other is the Mortal Blade, which is an odachi he has on his back. If his own sword is broken, he obviously only has one option left.
Ok, but Raiden can also cut through the Mortal Blade, it being augmented by energy doesn't change the sword's durability

That's the thing, if Wolf knows that he can't touch Murasama, he will spam ranged draws with the Mortal Blade.

Here are examples of what it does.

Sir Ovens said:
That's the thing, if Wolf knows that he can't touch Murasama, he will spam ranged draws with the Mortal Blade.
Here are examples of what it does.
Why would he spam RANGED draws tho? Also, what prevents Raiden from, you know, dodging them with his speed advantage? And Raiden's blade can also cut further than the sword's reach, seems the range would be equal to that too

Eh Raiden being able to cut energy seems like kind of a stretch to me, and he doesn't even need to do it, his extended range matches that of the mortal draw, which means that he'd still be able to touch the sword and cut it regardless of the extended reach

I have my doubts that something that is made of energy but is still clearly physical nad can physically attack, can't be cut, but whatever

Raiden won anyway and the Grace is over

Hold on, I'm adjusting Wolf's page. Wouldn't want to overlap edits.

Schnee One said:
Now for Wolf vs Jin Mo Ri
You have said the words that hurt me most in this world.

Edit: Also I'm done.

SpookyShadow said:
>Crow Feather which teleports Sekiro when he is struck

Once he's struck it's game over though.
That's not how the Crow Feather works. Sekiro basically becomes unhittable for one second.

Back