• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wolf howls at Lightning - Wolf vs Raiden

He's reliant on the Dragon's Heritage, which is a curse somewhat.

So he's essentially reliant on the concept of **** you.

Edit: That's not even hyperbole, he's literally reliant on the concept of can't die because I say so.

Not without concept manip or an immortality negging wepon.

I mean.

Why is this a thing

Assuming Sekiro can kill Raiden due to how hard he is to kill, he eventually kills Raiden.

So what else is there to say

Contrary to popular belief, Wolf passes out a lot in the game. He is still vulnerable to incap.

You can just hit him really hard on the head.

Sekiro has passed out from getting his arm cut off and getting stabbed in the chest from behind.

If limbs apparently do knock him out I guess it's fine.

Anyway, outside of skill, what does Wolf have that makes him dangerous?

Firecrackers that throw people off focus, Crow Feather which teleports Sekiro when he is struck (Has a short wind up tho), Mortal Blade, which increases his striking range, Phantom Kunai which still damage you when blocked and have to be deflected, possession if he lands a stealth blow, a short speed amp in the form of One Mind which allows him to strike multiple times at once when it looks like he just unsheathed and sheathed his sword, and a flamethrower for a hand.

>Firecrackers

Not sure how it will work on someone with extremely enhanced senses even when he was a human

>Crow Feather which teleports Sekiro when he is struck

Once he's struck it's game over though.

>Mortal Blade, which increases his striking range

So does a typical HF Blade

>Phantom Kunai which still damage you when blocked and have to be deflected

Not the first time this Jack has reflected kunais

>possession if he lands a stealth blow

Can he land a deathblow in the first place?

>a short speed amp in the form of One Mind which allows him to strike multiple times at once when it looks like he just unsheathed and sheathed his sword, and a flamethrower for a hand.

Welp, Jack has Ripper Mode.

There's also the fact that Wolf knows several versatile martial arts and can fight without a sword. He has his fans which turn people around when they're near him, allowing him to stab them in the back.

Edit: Also, the Crow Feather instantly teleports upon contact, so Wolf getting hit is impossible when it's effects are up.

He can't really do much to Raiden's type 2 with pure hand to hand, Raiden shrugged off being impaled and cackled at it

I mean, even without his sword, he has other bladed weapons in his arm.

Also, in the off chance Raiden touches the Mortal Blade or holds it, he is death maniped.

Jack is also a master of martial arts, since MGS2 honestly he was a good CQC fighter, and later mastered Capoeira, possibly taekwondo and karate (from what I've seen in his CQC fighting) and more

There is no reason for Raiden to pick up a sword (Also how does Death Manip work on a non organic body?)

The only way for Wolf to win would be to decapitate Raiden or render him immobile by stabbing his legs, both of which are impossible for him to viably do thanks to Raidens Versitility

BTW How does Sekiro null type 2 Immortality? Not sure if you can null Raidens physiology

It's done in part with the death manip, Mortal Blade just kills what can't be killed.

He's still human right? Like conventionally alive.

Nope. He has nothing left of his human self. Only his memories and emotions. It's not his MGS4 self who still has some human parts.

Mortal Blade can also be a non issue if Raiden just cuts it. Doesn't resist quantum hax so it's gonna get sliced through

Organic brain? You mean human brain? Nah, he has a computer/supercomputer brain like the ones stolen from children during World Marshal Incident.

Not sure if that was confirmed, but I think I'll place my vote

Now, to be fair, Wolf might be more skilled in terms of pure CQC and can get a free hit by coming back to life and stealthing Raiden, but that same hit ha to kill Raiden by decapitating him or destroying his head, but that's his only win con

Mortal blade is useless because it gets cuts immediately upon blade clashing, on top of this almost every other weapon Wolf does is useless because they can't survive the HF blade, and they can't neg his Type 2 either. so impaling is also useless.

Raiden is very bloodthirsty, but he isn't an idiot, if Wolf comes back after dying he will try to get answers by incapacitating, which cutting an arm is very useful for.

All in all, Wolf can only win by getting a lethal strike on his head without a mortal blade and I find that very unlikely.

For now, I vote for Raiden

Yeah that's the worst part. But maybe he can win, somehow.

Battle aside, these guys would certainly respect each other, pretty similar personality in some cases

Back