• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The WAAAGH! in Haven (Yang Xiao Long VS Grimgor Ironhide) (GRACE)

I don't read the greenskins lore is base grimgor this much of a chump, i refuse to believe yang is greater or comparable to him in skill its actually comical the more i think about it.
He's crossed blades with like everyone, so if that doesn't say something about his skill I dunno.

I don't read the greenskins lore is base grimgor this much of a chump, i refuse to believe yang is greater or comparable to him in skill its actually comical the more i think about it.
I mean if you can find scans of him actually displaying skill rather than just brute forcing more skilled opponents into submission with sheer power by all means, ive already posted snippits from his fights that imply he didnt win through skill

I mean if you can find scans of him actually displaying skill rather than just brute forcing more skilled opponents into submission with sheer power by all means, ive already posted snippits from his fights that imply he didnt win through skill
Yes, because beating up the guy who is more skilled then Malekith and has passive Precognition to see moments into the future isn't at least some skill.

Archaon isn't Gilgamesh. He's going to listen to his Precognition.

And before you say it, yes. Grimgor is a brute strength fighter. Yang isn't more skilled then the guy who is already one of the most skilled people in a verse where fodder like Sigvald(he was 9-B at the time) solo armies without a spec of dirt getting on him. She's getting batted around whether her lifting strength likes it or not.

This is like saying Senator Armstrong isn't skilled because he brute forced Raiden.

Yes, because beating up the guy who is more skilled then Malekith and has passive Precognition to see moments into the future isn't at least some skill.
When the extent of beating up Archaon is just headbutting him off his horse it's hard to argue that it's a matter of skill...
This is like saying Senator Armstrong isn't skilled because he brute forced Raiden.
Hes...not tho. At best he has rudimentary hand to hand combat skill but other than that he is purely a brute force fighter with heavy reliance on his nanomachines as seen in the latter half of their fight when raiden was casually dancing around him dicing him up with murasama

When the extent of beating up Archaon is just headbutting him off his horse it's hard to argue that it's a matter of skill...

Hes...not tho. At best he has rudimentary hand to hand combat skill but other than that he is purely a brute force fighter with heavy reliance on his nanomachines as seen in the latter half of their fight when raiden was casually dancing around him dicing him up with murasama
Brute force only goes so far until it's a matter of skill and brute force. Especially with people as skilled as Archaon.

Considering fodders in metal gear have an Iq of like 180 and are masters in several martial arts? Yeah, no. By this logic 076 isn't very skilled (yes, the feats you'd undoubtedly mention can be chalked up as "Well he's fast and has brute force"). And we know how you feel about that.

Brute force only goes so far until it's a matter of skill and brute force. Especially with people as skilled as Archaon.
Again if you have scans to back up him using skill rather than brute force by all means please post it, I've alread given scans that show that he won solely through brute force and his opponents underestimating him (Mal outright said that underestimated Grim by trying to block his initial attack which nearly killed him immediately and Arch saw Grim as nothing but a lowley beast who couldnt possibly threaten him).
Considering fodders in metal gear have an Iq of like 180 and are masters in several martial arts? Yeah, no. By this logic 076 isn't very skilled (yes, the feats you'd undoubtedly mention can be chalked up as "Well he's fast and has brute force"). And we know how you feel about that.
I'd love to see scans of the machete flailing mooks having higher intelligence than einstein and more combat skill than most modern martial arts masters lol

Might i ask what rasoning exactly? Th arguments in favor of Grimgor have been debunked
The reasons that you blindly ignore because "Well he brute force". Also nobody has the patience to argue with you, there won't be a responce, since literally everyone hates arguing with you. And frankly I'm running short on patience since I dealt with a massive stone wall a few days ago. So I'm going to make this quick.

Grimgor's whole thing is that he beats the apsolute shit out of people who should skill stomp him 10x over (Just because he has power doesn't mean that he would run them over if he didn't have some skill.). Before you look you decide to bring up Archaon's second in command who's name escapes me, which by the way takes place in a retconned novel, Grimgor beat him to an utter standstill. IE they tied.

Why do you think I called Grimgor the most skilled brute force can get?

Back