• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang Xiao Long VS Dam Soo-Cheon

HARD STOMP for Dam Soo Cheon, this guy is absolutely too much for Yang,

he has MUCH MUCH superior SKILL, analytical Prediction and a great pain tolerance

Yang in this key is hot-headed and too much unskilled for this guy,

Tbf, that analytic prediction is just a possibly, as that's the only current statement we have. You could probably just discard it, tbh.

At least make it Post-Beacon, that way they're basically even in both AP and skill and Yang loses that hotheadedness weakness

"Also, how exactly is Yang equal to his skill?"

Post Beacon yang scales in skill to people who can outskill Velvet in hand to hand combat

"Also, how exactly is Yang equal to his skill?"

Post Beacon yang scales in skill to people who can outskill Velvet in hand to hand combat
...Cool? I mean, Dam already defeated like a 100 martial artists, many of them being masters, and each one has a different martial art completely.

Velvet copying shtick might be impressive, but I don't see how that compares to Dam, who was considered a prodigy at martial arts and already defeated a shit ton of them, not losing a single fight, despite only being 18.

"...Cool? I mean, Dam already defeated like a 100 martial artists, many of them being masters, and each one has a different martial art completely."

Okay? That's not really a 1 to 1 comparison to outskilling a person who has the combined martial arts of dozens of different fighters who have all trained since childhood in combat and some of which have decades of combat experience or are considered completely untouchable in combat.

"Velvet copying shtick might be impressive, but I don't see how that compares to Dam, who was considered a prodigy at martial arts and already defeated a shit ton of them, not losing a single fight, despite only being 18."

You've just described Pyrrha, who Yang in this key has skill comparable to

Okay? That's not really a 1 to 1 comparison to outskilling a person who has the combined martial arts of dozens of different fighters who have all trained since childhood in combat and some of which have decades of combat experience or are considered completely untouchable in combat.
That isn't really that impressive when it comes to Dam? Also, "training since childhood", what age, exactly?

Because martial artists in LOTNB start training at around six to seven years old, and many of them can't even emit from their sword despite their skill, and yet Dam fodderized actual masters. Even normal martial art experts have decades of experience, and they still don't even compare to Dam.

Also, I assume Yang is comparable to Neo?

Not to mention, the whole "considered untouchable in combat" stuff ain't anything new in LOTNB, when even a martial art expert, not a master, could fodderize another martial artists to the point the latter cannot even touch the seams of their clothes, despite the latter already mastering a martial arts, albeit it was deemed weak compared to others. The latter one eventually training for only a single month, gaining guidance from Jin Mu-Won, whom at this point is far less skilled than Dam, and the dude was able to dramatically improve his martial arts to the point that he believed he could go toe-to-toe with the one who fodderized him.

Keep in mind, Dam is so much above this dude in skill, It's not even funny. People above this dude in skill already regard Dam as a prodigy that was far, far above them.
"Velvet copying shtick might be impressive, but I don't see how that compares to Dam, who was considered a prodigy at martial arts and already defeated a shit ton of them, not losing a single fight, despite only being 18."

You've just described Pyrrha, who Yang in this key has skill comparable to
I sure as hell don't remember Pyrrha being as impressive as Dam, who went on a hundred-martial artists challenge without losing a single one, despite each of the martial artists being from a different sect and having a different martial arts.

At the bottom of the skill chain is aura users as a whole. While every living being in RWBY technically has Aura, actually being able to utilize it for things such as defense, regen, and senses requires years of training and a high enough degree of martial skill (and yes you actually need martial skill for it) that only a small percentage of the population of the entire planet ever become skilled enough to utilize their aura. Of that small percentage, an even smaller percentage ever become skilled enough to manifest/control a Semblance (yes semblances are also skill-based). To reach this small percentage comes to the second half of the bottom of the chain: Almost every character worth their salt in RWBY has spent their entire life training in combat and can fight hordes of Grimm with little issue (Almost because Jaune exists). The entirety of the main cast of RWBY was initially enrolled at Beacon Academy, one of the most prestigious combat schools in the world, with almost everyone who was accepted there having been trained for almost their entire life to fight monsters, and each one that was not professionally trained requiring a skill display overseen by Ozpin, who has the composite skill of several thousand professional huntsmen that he accumulated over his immortal lifetime.

Thats the baseline for skill in the verse.

Before the Beacon Arc Ruby had been personally trained by Qrow in combat and as a result she was noted as always excelling above her peers in combat training. At the start of the series Ruby was at a level of skill that even though she was two years away from being eligible to join Beacon she was admitted due her combat prowess impressing Ozpin, with him noting that she was already a master at wielding one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed. In combat Ruby is capable of taking on entire hordes of Grimm on her own and walking away without a scratch and utilizing the different functionalities of the Crescent Rose, such as the massive recoil from the rifle aspect of the weapon and the weapon's transformative capabilities, in tandem with each other and her Semblance in order to maintain an edge over her opponent. Basically every named character is around this level of skill in the early seasons.

Now for Velvet. Velvet is able to perfectly and instantly mimic the exact moves that she observes other people use in combat as well as utilize multiple different fighting styles simultaneously, both armed and unarmed. Thanks to Anesidora, Velvet is also able to copy fighting styles that utilize weapons, and she is able to wield the weapons that she copies just as effectively as their original user. To date that we know of, Velvet is able to simultaneously utilize the fighting styles and weapons of Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, Nora Valkyrie, Sun Wukong, Penny Polendina, Coco Adel, Peter Port, Reese Chloris, Fox Alistar, Vega Bleu, Yatsuhashi Daichi, Russel Thrush, Roy Stallion, Neptune Vasilias, Brawnz Ni, Bartholomew Oobleck, Flynt Coal, Edward Caspian, and Scarlet David. Of note, every person listed spent their entire lives training in combat and several of them are professional huntsmen with decades of combat experience.

Moving up the chain we have Nebula Violette, who not only outmatched Velvet in a 1v1 test of martial arts skill, but was directly stated to be more skilled than Velvet in combat despite Velvet mixing numerous fighting styles to try to throw her off in their fight.

Above her is Pyrrha Nikos, the skill god of the Beacon Arc. Pyrrha is one of the most skilled students at Beacon Academy, having won every combat tournament she has entered since she was a pre-teen due to both her mastery of combat and mastery of her semblance, being able to apply it in combat completely undetected and having done so in almost every fight she's been in for over a decade, doing so with such skill and precision that she has lead many to believe she is untouchable and invincible as no one has been able to even land a blow on her in her combat career. Even without her semblance she has shown the ability to quickly and easily adapt to her combat situation and analyze her opponents while fighting and changing tactics to suit the situation she is in. She has shown extreme accuracy, being able to hit moving targets from hundreds of meters away and strike vital weak points on an opponent mid-combat both with and without the aid of her semblance. She is also highly skilled at using her weapon's multiple forms in combat, being able to switch between forms several times in rapid succession to both deliver rapid attacks and counter others simultaneously.

Yang in this key scales above Velvet and to Pyrrha skill-wise

Looks like I'll have to give my own wall of scaling chain as well.

But before I do, please, for the love of God give me scans. I sure as hell don't recall anyone needing a high degree of martial arts to gain Aura, and not that it will matter since I don't recall the martial arts in RWBY being comparable to the ones in LOTNB, which some of them outright needs the Manipulation of chi, and some are so complex that even memorizing all of it was deemed as almost impossible, let alone mastering it.

I'll give my wall of text soon enough, but in the mean time, I'll appreciate some scans as I will fill the wall of text with scans as well.

Also why would Yang scale to Pyrrha?

Last edited:
First, let's start with the basic stuff. Almost everyone in LOTNB start learning martial arts when they are 6-7 years old. As such, pretty much everyone anyone fights in LOTNB already has decades of combat experience, with ones such as Mu-Sang, and his friends, being in their mid-twenties to thirties, and yet they are deemed as weak ass *******, despite training for at least 20+ years in martial arts. Keep in mind, there are a shit ton of martial arts in LOTNB, some weak, some strong, some so unusually complex that even memorizing it all was deemed as impossible, let alone mastering it.

Then comes the Chi shit, only people who trained in chi cultivation and martial arts are able to gain Chi, as evident when Mu-Sang was tailing Jin Mu-Won, and he stated that the walking pattern of a martial artist is different, and even their breathing and footsteps were different as well, and noting that with just Jin's movements, he lacked any chi. This alone shows you that any martial artist is able to know another one simply by seeing how they move or breathe, noting on their skill.

Not to mention, people need talent in order to learn martial arts, as evident of the narrator stating that Hwang-Cheon had no talent in martial arts, being even incapable of mastering the basics simply due to his lack of talent in martial arts.

Now, for the whole reason why the martial arts in LOTNB are unique. Mus-Sang has mastered a martial art that is called The Blue Cloud Sword Style, that was the name of one of the martial arts that was taught to every grunt in Heaven's Summit. It was a martial art that could be learned within a very short time due to its simple moves and effective chi cultivation method. But even mastering it was still not good, because there are simply much better martial arts out there that heavily outclasses this one. This obviously implies that the martial arts in LOTNB aren't just Kung-Fu or Tae Kwan Do, but instead many, many different ones with others being heavily superior to some, this also clearly implies a hierarchy in terms of how good martial arts are. It is also supported by the fact that 3 martial arts were called as inferior and useless by Ha-Seol. It should also be noted that people learn many different martial arts, with Jin already studying three of those martial arts, even though they are so inferior.

Now, for a small fight. Mu-Sang started fighting against another martial art expert, and despite Mu-Sang already mastering his own martial art, he couldn't even touch the seam of the clothes of his opponent. Even after showering him with a whirlwind of slashes, the dude simply cut through all of them easily. It was also stated that the dude was much more skilled and his martial arts were so much better than Mu-Sang's that there wasn't even a comparison to be made.

Then, after training and gaining guidance from Jin, the dude was finally able to unlock his Chi tunnels, despite him never being able to do so with his martial arts and meditation, implying that even people such as Mu-Sang, who are already have decades of experience, couldn't even unlock his chi tunnels which already require immense talent, despite Mu-Sang being talented himself. Only after training to absolute hell did he finally achieve it, and was finally able to emit sword chi from his weapon, despite others who are even older than him and trained more than him not being able to do so. He then continued to train more after that, stating he was incomparable to even a few days ago, specifaclly stating his martial arts improved to high heavens, as well as his strength.

He went from not being able to touch the seams of the clothes of his opponent, all the way to going toe-to-toe with him, to even possibly defeating. This was with the same martial arts that was deemed as weak, and yet he mastered it to new levels.

Also, FYI, there are 2 types of martial arts, External and Internal. Internal Martial Arts are occupied with the spiritual, mental or chi-related aspects of martial arts, whereas External Martial Arts are focused on the physiological aspects. External Martial Arts are generally considered inferior to Internal Martial Arts, as anyone can train their bodies and exercise. This shit alone implies that simply training martial arts ain't that useful. Some martial arts also train both your internal and external simultaneously, with Mu-Sang's martial arts being one of them. Most outlaws/bandits practice only External Martial Arts because the murim sects keep the secrets of Internal Martial Arts to themselves. Therefore, it is common for the disciples of murim sects to look down on random warriors.

Now comes Shin. Imagine Mu-Sang, a ****** who trained for decades and withstood countless tortures, has now only been able to achieve sword chi. Now comes Shin, who became a martial art expert at a very young age, being capable of producing sword chi, and then became a martial art MASTER at only like 17. Mu-Sang is literally incomparable to Shin, even after achieving everything he did.

This is simply part 1, but this should be like a ground-level opening for LOTNB, where even other experts are capable of fodderizing others, and there are martial arts that are heavily above others, and that even achieving chi is extremely difficult even after training for decades. FYI, I'll give more feats later on, so don't worry.

Also the velvet stuff isn't really that interesting from what I'm seeing on the scan again? She didn't use them simultaneously, but instead kept switching between them, which is cool, but anyone with different martial arts should technically be able to do that as well, not to mention Dam Is HEAVILY above everything I've mentioned.

Also, what can Yang do against analytic prediction, and light that blinds its opponents? I was initially against using it, but after rereading LOTNB, I find it silly not to use it when even people much less experienced than Dam can analyze the fighting angles and perceive the opponents next move by simply seeing their gaze, not to mention being able to literally tell how skilled someone is by simply hearing their footsteps.

Also, I'd appreciate scans, again.

That reminds me, a bit out of topic I guess, but Dam shouldve probably had City Block level durability due to being able to tank his own attacks with several times more force, but I'm a dumbass.

But still, even with the current statistics, the dude scales far above 5.5 tons in durability.

Back