• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

Ahh I see

Well that is understandable as Belial’s recent appearances were a clone that didn’t have any of his charisma or intelligence and a parallel Belial from the past who became a subordinate of Tartarus. So this is technically the first time in quite a while that we see the Belial we know.

Ah, yeah, that's what I was feeling. Sure he's brought back with potentially more interesting roles in mind, but there's no deny the good old Reionics Belial is the one that we've gotten used to, even with the comparatively small amounts of development he had.

Just dropping by to say I'm a little disappointed there's nothing in the side materials that talks about Reibatos' personal world. Rewatching UFO and I realized that since Zero had to use Ultimate Aegis to get there, it's implied to be an entire space-time. If there were hints it was Reibatos' creation then that's a potential Low 2-C statement long before Belial. I also haven't checked the Ginga SCW since I can't access them for some reason.

Edit: I'm taking back some of my words, but the main point still somewhat stands.

Last edited:
Waiting for Trigger new trailer and first episode in July be like:

23s1wz.jpg

I really like the new designs on the Dark Giants, especially Da(r?)gon. And speaking of him, looks like it may not have been what we expected given his name.

Or maybe it is. After all, Darramb was the one associated with deep water, thus a Deep Ine. And now that I think about it, the three Dark Giants may actually allude to the different ranks of Lovecraftian creatures.

There's also supposed to be a Post-UGF2 stage show coming out tomorrow. Not sure if its canon (Personally I doubt it will) but I guess I'll see if I could find any videos on it when it comes out.

From what the guys who posts the information said. No, the stage show isn’t canon. So right now still only the Tri Squad stage show is canon.

You could argue the Z meeting Geed for the first time stage show is canon but Part 2 of that stage show had Tiga appear out of no where on top of 4th wall breaks so yeah I doubt that’s canon.

They went to see the stage show and came back saying it’s definitely not canon just like the prevous stage shows but the story this time was pretty good.

Last edited:
There was also a scan of Dargon, but it was a community post on YouTube so I don't know how to send it over.

On another note, I've been compiling powers, abilities and resistances when I suddenly realized if it should be applicable for Belial and by extension all Reionics, to have unconventional soul resistance based on the fact Reibatos couldn't bring back and control Belial for the sole reason that he's still alive. I doubt it's because of a limitation in his power, he does boast being able to control souls in general. Plus, normal Reionics could also do that connection severing between them and their monsters. I'll still need to get back to this to reinforce the reasoning im case it's applicable though.

On one hand, I kinda hope so, but also not. Because history alteration stuff like that might be good, and would yield good hax and resistances, as per Kamen Rider Zi-O, I'm also hoping that there is some interesting stuff that is mostly contained within Trigger's universe for now.

But to be fair, going off the reveals so far, it's pretty unlikely.

@AkumaNoHissatsu No it’s already been confirmed that it’s gonna be an AU of the Neo Frontier Space. Trigger is literally AU Tiga. There was a summary a while back that pretty much confirmed it being an AU.

Not sure if it's a good time to be asking this, but there shouldn't be any problem if we were to consider games like UFE 3 and Fusion Fight to be canon enough as a reliable source for providing consistency, expansion and as confirmation of sorts for character feats and abilities?

Example on P&A would be that Shining should have Time Stop due to being a component of Shining Mystic, which should have somewhat watered down levels of his power in the first place. And I'm pretty sure Shining Zero Capsule was shown in the series as well.

On to AP, there is the statement for Empera and A.Darkness' finisher move describing them as being capable of "bringing ruin to the entire universe", which was already established through the producers comparing Empera with Juda, and Darkness having a databook statement about doing so. Not only that, but this is even re-established and thua supported by TAC's 4th episode, even if it came from a relatively younger Ken.

I mean I’d personally be fine with expanding their abilities via the games but I’m not sure if the site’s canonicity rules says it’s okay to do this.

I'm not sure how it'll help, but I found these notes in the Canon page:

• Entirely new feats of tertiary canon, like for example new abilities, should be disregarded. Details added to existing fight scenes, such as damage caused to the surroundings, can be accepted for text based media like books.
  • Any changes based on tertiary canon will only be accepted if they are not contradicted by any instances of another canon, with regards to either the character power-scale, or logical inconsistencies (and plot holes).

And that's where I'm coming from in the first place. The games seem more secondary canon since they are not directly related to the primary works, but are still overseen by TsuPro themselves and I thought that should be fine. But still, I'm only really asking around here for now, and we'll only see the results once I get to that post-Z SCW CRT. In the meantime, I'll be asking around for more Fusion Fight materials then.

Also i was realized something funny that TsuPro went from "ancient civilization and cthulhu mythos" themed for Tiga to "alien-futuristict tech/civilization and cosmic terror" themed for Dyna

Oh yeah, never did notice that. Still, he might still be a bit of a psycho. Kinda like a retooled Tregear, and mark my words, people will flock to him, just because he's a renewal of a Heisei Era guy. I just hope he's not too much of a Kazari.

Oh yeah, Tregear was kind of twisted with amazing mastermind, so Hudramb might be likely still psychotic as his heisei counterpart

I'm curious with what they gonna do with Carmearra and Dargon, since their heisei counterpart had a close relationship with Tiga

Okay, I'm skimming through Nexus' final episode and, I'm probably going to take back my statement of Dyna having the most resistances so far.

Because Episode 37 of Nexus alone gives so much that it's almost overwhelming.

Some resistances Nexus will get are:
*Empathic and Absorption (Nagi and by extension Nexus, could only have their light be absorbed by Lethe after having the former have her trauma triggered and to feel hate towards Zagi for causing it in the first place)
*Memory (The context of the episode so far points heavily to Nexus being unaffected by Lethe, or a fragment of Zagi, wiping out the memory of everyone in the world)
*Fear (Is unaffected by Zagi's presence, will touch on later)
*Fate Manipulation (Probably, as Nexus seemed completely out of the equation in Zagi's plans to resurrect and destroy the world, despite his accurate prediction)

And some of Zagi's abilities that I've found are:
*Memory (As per Lethe literally being a fragment of him)
*Fear (By his presence alone, he triggered global panic to the point where Space Beasts start appearing en masse. One that I think supports this is because Matsunaga, who as a high-ranking member of TLT should have all knowledge collected from The Visitors states that his influence is spreading around the world)
*Fate Manipulation (Stated that he predicted Nagi inheriting the light, which he triggered by meeting her all those years ago. Not only that, he even states that the Dark Giants he created were only to empower Nexus yet despite what could change that very prediction, it still happened)

Edit: I was sort of wrong about how Zagi ensured Nagi would be Nexus. The way I said it, he triggered that route by killing Nagi's parents. A rewatch corrected me on that as he actually saw it first and then by killing her parents, it would help him keep the line of Deunamists towards that very path, which still counts since he could have accidentally changed the outcome, which doesn't happen.

Not to mention that these also give Nexus and by extension Noa:
*Probability and Fate Manipulation (The Illustrator says that "if Ultraman wins this battle...fate...might be changed", which is supported by the fact Illustrator himself was relayed and saw the same future that The Visitors also got)

I remember at one point The Illustrator says the future he sees are blurry and uncertain whenever Nexus is part of it. But ultimately, I may have to watch all of Nexus again to fully understand everything, again. So yeah, it's kind of crazy what Nexus was actually doing. This is why we need Yuichi Abe on an Ultraman series again tbh.

Last edited:
After quite some time of thinking about it, I believe my suspicion about what the cosmology is like may actually be true.

With the airing of UGF, we were given insights as to what Dimensions may actually mean in the context of the series.

Yullian was the one whose statement was important, which is: "Does that mean he travel to other universes in different dimensions?" (Not galaxies in different dimensions as the subtitles, official they may be, has stated)

Because of that, I suspected that the series may actually be using dimensionality in a surprisingly reasonable manner in that just as there are many 3-dimensional universes, there are many greater 4-dimensional manifolds that holds these universes inside of them. This isn't the only time dimensions are stated as being contextually different than universe as in Episode 6, Ken appoints Zero to be the recruiter because of his ability to travel between dimensions, which he uses to travel to universes such as those of U40 and Ayaka City's universes.

Tregear also gives out similar descriptions on the mechanics of cross-universal traveling. He describes his ability to resurrect as being physically replaced by alternative versions of himself from other dimensions as opposed to universes. How this is relevant brings us all the way back to Zero's first Gaiden with the statement by Captain Hyuga.

"There is not just one universe. There are many dimensions where the exact same space(universe works too), the same Earth with the same humans exist."

宇宙は一つじゃない。次元を隔てて、同じ宇宙、同じ地球、同じ人間が平行して無数に存在する。For easy translating purposes later on.

Not only that, but just before this, he specifically states the multiverse as "多次元宇宙", which could literally translate into multidimensional universe. The focal versions of Hyuga and Rei were also described as being from a different dimension. This supports the idea that there are many more 4-dimensional hyperspaces that also contains countless amounts of universes inside of them. Even the Zero movie which finally explores the multiverse somewhat extensively, only mentions the other bubbles as being alternate universes, as opposed to dimensions.

In conclusion, based on this, the cosmology of Ultra Series might actually be Countless x several due to the fact that there are multiple,, constantly expanding 4-dimensional hyperspaces containing countless amounts of universes inside. And Alien Salome's experiments were going to wipe out all of that.

Edit: I call it 4D hyperspace to differentiate it from the 4D Continuum that is already what a universe is here. And to expand on why I think a dimension is completely separate and greater than universe, think of it as being similar to how we perceive our own 3-Dimensional world, such as how there are multiple 3-Dimensional celestial bodies containing lifeforms within the confines of our 4-Dimensional space-time. In a similar manner, these 4D hyperspaces are like planets in a greater space confined within a 5th Dimensional plane. Also, this may actually explain how shows like Great, Powered, Neos/Seven 21 and Max's could happen despite them insisting that they can't go to other universes even though they can; it's because the other universes that needs saving are completely out of their own hyperspace. Speaking of hyperspace, in X, even though Gourman refers to their universe as being the 3rd dimension, they still talk about super space-time theory which was possibly hinting to other dimensions.

To be honest, I feel like Kamen Rider was also going for something similar, but I'm still weighing my choices here. There could be a possibility that this may be moot to some point because destroying multiple structures of similar scale might not work.

Also, I hate having brain blasts during the downtimes of the threads because it makes me look like a nutjob. I have a life, I swear.

Last edited:
It's not specifically said like that, and even then, I forgot which episode that one was, though I remember that statement. However, there is a similar statement in the final episode (#37), where like I quote of The Illustrator: "If Ultraman wins this battle... fate... might be changed."

I just hope it's not a Mandela Effect.

Thanks for the episode number. But it's as I remember, and I'm pretty sure that essentially means Nexus' very existence can alter the future, given how The Illustrator is always incapable of determining the future despite its clarity. At the very least, this could warrant resistance to fate manipulation for Nexus.

Another random, and thankfully short, thought I had. If the ideas of light and darkness are expanded even more, then we're likely going to see some form of Conceptual Manipulation at some point. Especially given how close they've been established. One quote that makes me optimistic towards that end is this line from Blue Shadow: "Have the people of the Land of Light come a long way from their way of life? Are we really integrated into the cycles of the universe?"

Mostly because the context had always been Tregear's pondering about light and darkness and their relevance to existence.

So the opening is out. What do you guys feels about the Ultraman Trigger opening? Personally I’m not feeling it as much as Ultraman Z’s opening.

Back