• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Ultra Series Discussion Thread: Unleash! The Power of Imagination!

I think Ultraman Y sounds okay. Though I guess they might do something like Orb where they still give him a letter color timer while giving him a proper name.

You know your reaction to the theoretical name really reminds me of the PokéSpe fandom when the author kept naming the manga protagonists after the series title so there were weird names like Lack-Two and Whi-Two.

Last edited:
Nah it’s just that people always talk about how the names are weird in the manga. So I was just saying how you remind me of those who wanted actual names for the protagonists.

Ah, okay. Well, at least it's still an unconfirmed thing if it's just a forum thing at the moment. Not saying Y would be bad, but I like being surprised. Then again, TsuPro's been nailing that recently, even in materials we've come to hold lower after a retrospect.

True guess we’ll just have to see. Also the tiering CRT has not gained any attraction. How did we used to attract attention for the revision threads again?

Last edited:
Call for staff members is our only alternative now since not a lot of people know Ultra enough to check it themselves.

Any recommended staff to ask about universal stuff?

Also we might have the name of the next ultra now.
a724b80e7bec54e7dc4ad558ae389b504ec26aea.jpg

I'm not too sure about that since I usually call for Antvasima mostly in part of my infrequent thread making in the first place, and he's the one tagging the relevant members.

The others I could think of are probably Sir Ovens, Ogbu or to pick a few from his tags: Antoniofer, Super Saiyan God Julian and Schnee One.

Also, is it this Ultraman Trigger that I caught wind of?

I see

And yeah it’s not entirely confirmed but a lot of people said this was from the leak that came out today so there’s a high chance that this is indeed the name of the next Ultraman. Also here’s a leak of some of the possible stuff for the next series.

Gaia sequel.
Tiga and Dyna appears.
Weapon and power are created by the humans and aliens that live on Earth.

They only translated the stuff and the top and not the rest at the bottom so I have no clue what the bottom Japanese text says. But you could probably use google translate to roughly understand it. When I used google translate it mentioned something about Earth being destroyed when a monster dies. And apparently Space Cats are back.

Not sure if any of this is true though. All of this could be fake leak now that Ultraman is popular again.

Last edited:
I dunno. Found it on Tieba and everybody said the name is 99% confirmed but the other leaked info like the next series supposedly being a Gaia sequel isn’t. So I’m guessing it might be from the same leaker as before. I’m not entirely sure as I only joined the chinese fandom late last year after Z started.

Hmm, i see

If its truly Gaia Sequel then i hope it will be sky-attribute Ultraman since both Gaia and Agul was based from earth and sea

Yeah that’s what everybody has been saying. We’ve had earth and sea so if it’s a Gaia sequel the last attribute should be sky.

Random question, how do we treat Geed's Soul Manipulation? Like we know he and Belial pretty much clashed in a spiritual sense as well, but should we consider it a form of astral projection? Or does that mean he and Belial deal Soul Damage through normal attacks? Of course, only he and Belial would scale of course, along with the resistances.

Also, what about other instances of Inner Lights having explicit soul plane portrayal? Do we also consider similar things for those cases? The other instance I can confidently classify similarly is in Taiga.

Didn’t Geed like permanently kill Belial who could basically survive as a soul? So I think that could count as a form of soul manipulation.

Sorry don’t remember that much about the Inner Lights.

That much is covered, just wondering how potent his actually is.

Eh, in short, there are numerous cases where Inner Lights have been shown to be the astral plane for the Ultras. Simplest instances are probably the likes of Nexus and Zero where both had their inner lights altered depending on their status. In both Nexus (24) and Zero (UZF), we see what appears to be a whole environment within, with Zero's depiction having Belial's soul talking to his inside.

I could explain more, but I've already talked about it in the first discussion thread. I don't mind explaining again however.

But now I'm having a multitude other questions like does that mean enemies that could affect their Inner Lights have Soul Damage and they resist it in the battles where they won. Another one is the possibility that one's heart is considered both mind and soul, making Dark Lugiel's control one of the strongest in the verse alongside Belial.

Yeah sorry, I have absolutely no idea how to treat those stuff as I am no expert when it comes to these mind and soul stuff. It’s just way too complicated for me.

Yeah, my bad. Guess I'll just go with the safest route when it's time for their profiles to be made.

Yeah I guess.

Anyways anybody want a match? I was thinking of making IF go up against Kars to get top 5 non smurf 8-C. Anybody up for it?

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind. Though I am a bit iffy on giving IF a decisive tier. Honestly he should be Unknown, 8-C to High 4-C, potentially higher via evolution. Or something to that effect.

Yeah from what I remember there was also a statement about IF’s evolution being infinite. So based on that statement IF should be able to adapt up to at least High 3-A. But ehh I’ll just use his 8-C tier for now.

Edit: Anyways here’s the thread

IF vs Kars

Also just realizes all his abilities are in the wrong key. Regeneration, transformation, absorption, and etc. are stuff that even first form IF has. It’s not something limited to his third form.

Last edited:
Well crap. Don't you think we should have revise his page first then? I'll still look into the match.

Yeah I’m just gonna revise it into his first key real quick. Hope Ant doesn’t assume I’m violating stuff since I didn’t make a CRT.

Edit: I have done so and also left a message that I have discussed it in the discussion thread here. Hope it doesn’t get reverted even after I gave the reason.

Last edited:
Probably shouldn't have allowed the CRT be closed early, even if I said only most of the changes have been applied.

For real. Didn‘t even realize the abilities were in the wrong key until now. Not to mention we still haven‘t updated IF’s regen to High due to regenerating from Max’s Maximum Cannon which can turn things into photons. We’re definitely gonna need to make a separate ability thread after the tiering thread is over.

So should I ask Ant to re-open it for these changes? I've also missed out on some revisions, especially with the likes of Zero, Belial, X and Orb.

Heh, of course. Well, I don't feel like being a part of those crowd so let's just hope the CRT can still act as an umbrella for any future edits.

So this means it's quite likely Joneus' confrontation will be just around the corner. Tartarus once again supplies a pawn, Bat, with necessary materials.

Yeah I saw that thread. Not sure how King will be affected by it. But if stabilizing universe doesn’t scale than we really need to get the tiering thread accepted so that Belial is Low 2-C.

So the new UGF2 episode is out and huh I heard that the Taiga stage show is canon to the series, but I didn’t expect it to be mentioned in UGF2.

So this episode confirmed that this is the same Alien Bat from Ultraman Saga. And this episode also confirms that the stage show where the Tri-Squad was formed is canon. If you guys want me to I could post a link of it from bilibili and maybe translate it.

And Reiwa Era Joneus is about on par with Tartarus. Huh now Galaxy Crisis Era Belial saying he wants to fight Joneus in Ultraman Retsuden actually makes sense if he’s this strong.

Ah, so it was from a stage show. Yeah, why not, I can always use the extra context.

That's probably one of the most interesting parts about it, too. It actually makes the multiverse feel expansive with how there are other non god Ultras who are that powerful aside from Zero.

Yeah you’re gonna have to wait a while cause even I haven’t watched the stage shows yet. Cause I originally thought they weren’t canon due to how much it conflicts with the scaling and lore (Base Belial one shotting Alien Empera wearing Armored Darkness who was stomping Noa along with three other Ultras and Max being the first light in the universe and etc). But I guess starting from Taiga the stage shows are canon to the series. Which if that’s true means Tartarus won’t lose in UGF2 as the latest stage show a few days ago (Which takes place after Ultraman Z) has him alive along with Belial and Tregear.

So should we accept Belial’s statement from Ultraman Retsuden and make Joneus At least 4-B, possibly 3-A during the Showa Era?

Back