• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The title for tier 1-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
As I have mentioned previously, I am not particularly satisfied with designating 1-A characters with "Hyperverse level+", in lack of better options.

We selected the term Hyperverse, because "Hyper" refers to higher-dimensional space, whereas 1-A characters are beyond the concepts of dimensions of time and space altogether.

Given that this is an area that deals with metaphysics, the most appropriate name would likely be to switch back to "Metaverse level" (while keeping "Hyperverse level" for category 1-B).

However, the problem, and reason for that we abandoned the term previously, is that the term is more prominently used for a shared space of virtual reality.

On the other hand, virtually all prefixes followed by "verse", including "Hyperverse", have likely been used somewhere else previously, with a different meaning than what we assign to it, so the question is:

Should we really care, or just use the name anyway, while giving a mentio about that we are aware of that it is used for other purposes elsewhere, but we still consider it to be the most appropriate available designation for the concept in question?

Or does anybody else have better naming suggestions?

I think instead of any kind of verse we can keep it simple as "beyond dimensional" for 1 A characters and "beyond dimensional+" for high 1A characters.

Outerverse level might work.

Does it have to suffix with 'verse'? If not I think Transcendent level may work, as they have surpassed dimensionality.

EDIT: Just realized this is staff discussion; will delete if need be. My apologies.

I have moved this thread to the content revision board for more suggestions.

Okay. So far the more reasonable suggestions are:

Outerverse level

Beyond Dimensional

Transcendent / Transcendent level

Dimensionless

We will simply use, for example, "High Outerverse level" for "High 1-A", not use different terms for it and regular 1-A.

Anyway, as it is important, only the staff really have a say in this matter, and any suggestions from DarkLK have priority, as he designed most of the higher tiering system, and knows what would be appropriate.

1-ðÉ: Outerverse level

High 1-A: Outerverse level+

Or

1-ðÉ: Outerverse level to Outerverse level+

High 1-A: High Outerverse level

My apologies, but verse-less, anti-verse, void-verse, null-verse, khaos-verse, xenoverse, zeroverse, null, non-dimensional, and zeroth-dimensional, either sound ridiculous, have no connection to the concept that we are trying to convey, or both in combination.

Let's stick with discussing the four decent suggestions, unless somebody comes up with a genuinely more striking and appropriate name.

@DarkLK

I am fine with those suggestions.

What did you think about the other options? (Beyond Dimensional, Transcendent/Transcendent level, Dimensionless)

I will switch back this discussion to the staff only board now, as it is starting to get too messy.

If some non-staff member comes to think of an extremely good name, they can tell me on my personal message wall.

If it is good enough, I will mention it here.

Well, the problem is that would mean that we split tier 1-A into two, 1-A and 0, which means that we would have to call the current tier 0 for -1. It would not work for our purposes.

Hence, we can either call tier 1-A (High 1-A included) for Outerverse or Transcendent, but not both at the same time.

Why not what you suggested Ant ,Metaverse sounds cool and it explains the tier pretty well.Meta means after in Greek so it is the afterverse (if you can call it that way).

@DarkLK

I think that simply using Outerverse level, and High Outerverse level, without an Outerverse level+ in-between, would fit best with our current system.

I know that the ACF has 3 levels of 1-A, but it would likely be too hard for us to properly gauge these differences between characters.

@Kkapoios

Well, we would still be constantly criticised by all the people who dislike us, if we take a term that is widely used for something else. So although it is viable as a last solution, I still prefer an alternative.

Okay. Transcendent level, and High Transcendent level, are probably fine as well.

I agree that it sounds a bit catchier.

Would you be fine with this alternative DarkLK?

Between Outerverse and Transcendent level, the latter sounds more "epic", so I would go with that.

I do not care. But the word transcendent is a quite common word and it can be used quite widely. I suggested a new term, in order to avoid confusion.

No more comments from non-staff members please.

So, the current options are:

Outerverse level:

Pros: An original term that avoids confusion

Cons: It may sound somewhat strange

Transcendent level:

Pros: It sounds catchier

Cons: A common and widely used term that can mean lots of different, much lesser, concepts

I think Outerverse is alright with me than Transcendent. The second one just doesn't sound good to me at all. Outerverse, while it may do sound weird, doesn't seem that bad to me and is alright enough IMO.

I prefer Outerverse of the two. Transcendent is too common a term.

I like the phrase "Transcendant" more than "Outerverse," however like others have said transcendant is too common, could cause potential confusion and we'd have to remove a category. So I agree with using "Outerverse level" for 1-A and "Outerverse level+" for High 1-A.

It's a bit awkward, but I agree with Promestein in that Outerverse is a better term since Transcendent gets thrown around so often that confusion is inevitable (i.e. Seiya and Leo Regulus are considered to be transcendent beings in their verse despite being lower on the power scale).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back