• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The thing gets Terminated (G r a c e)

Isn't that sorta why we're going for inconclusive?

There are still people coming into the thread and saying the Terminator wins though. Not everyone is voting inconclusive.

I can definitely see why some people would think that. I'll just speak for myself if that makes things clear.

The diffrence is the things regen is able to be bypassed by flames, the only thing that we know of that bypasses the terminators regen is cold temps and even those haven't always been the most effective. While both are at a point where just about every conventional weapon fails against their regen both have a weakness that would allow the other to bypass. If we're going with who more realistically manages to take advantage of said weakness it probably falls to the terminator.

It took liquid metal to deal with the terminator though, the thing struggles with flamethorwers.... It also doesn't seem to handle explosives very well if I remember correctly...

Extreme heat as in molten metal.

Whereas The Thing can be defeated by a can of hairspray and a lighter.

Extreme Cold likely won't factor until very very late into the game, where The Thing could have possibly infected someone with access to something like Liquid Nitrogen.

Y'know, all the millions of people in NYC who'd have access to something like that.

Basically, T-1000 needs to pick up a lighter and some hairspray, The Thing needs something that would rarely ever be in the hands of the civilian populace.

Nope just burning a good chunk of it seems to deal with the thing, while he'll probably need a bit more hair spray explosive seem to deal with the thing pretty well, hell a stick of dynamite put down the mega thing.

Given the fact that the thing is pretty damn weak to fire, and that the terminator is literally the most determined thing on the planet?

Probably. He might need a few cans.

Or he could pick up a military grade flamethrower and just call it there.

Still, the lighter and hairspray is more to show how easy it is for The Thing's main weakness to be accessed.

But both of the Terminator's weaknesses require time and intelligence.

Ok, people are over estimating the Thing's "weakness" to fire. Fire is the only reliable method to kill it, not some instant kill trick. It's not gonna go down because you burned a chunk of it, you have to burn ever cell in it's body to permently kill it.

Again, not the issue.

The issue is that it is far more likely for the terminator to figure out and start using that weakness before The Thing can start to figure out and start using his weaknesses.

Given that, it's only a matter of time before the Terminator manages to get it in a corner and burn it to ash.

There's always the possibility that The Thing could spread a fair bit before then, but it's more than likely that the Thing will start getting flamethrower blasted before it can really spread. If so, it's over.

The fight begins with 10 different Things, most of which won't even confront Arnold and will just hang back and begin assimilating any animal they can get in their clutches.

Still, given The Thing's propensity for spreading, I'd say this is inconclusive with a lean towards Arnold.

There's too many factors with the location to rule a perfect winner, and while it is likely that the T-1000 could figure out the weakness before the thing has time to spread and kill it, it's also likely that the thing could spread before then.

so it's gonna be an incon for me fam.

Not only fire...Acid Electric can burn them too but....Need to be strong power or a lot of acid

When terminator try to 1 v1 thing one by one some of them go to airport by now and take the whole world (It can Infect the whole world even sea water with blood) just single drop of blood they will not die

This Fight is about Cyborg vs Virus so even he can kill the thing it will not be over they will spread the whole world as virus or bird and sea every living thing except plants if we base on Comic the Things

oh wait! terminator had comic too

Thing matchups work against practically anyone who can't EE or instantly bypass its regen.

Sir Ovens said:
Thing matchups work against practically anyone who can't EE or instantly bypass its regen.
Actually, I believe it was agreed that sufficiently high ap would be enough to vaporize the thing on a cellular level and I think tier 7 was the lower limit.

Akame had no wincon. Her poison specifically targets the heart, which is worthless against the Thing, and she wasn't strong enough to vaporize it so all it had to do was get a little bit of blood on her to win.

Back