• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The thing gets Terminated (G r a c e)

It has to be in Thing form to do that and by then, the crew would have just 420 blazed it.

I agree with Unoriginal memes. Hell, he doesn't even need a flamethrower, just some hairspray and a lighter.

Arnie says "**** you, asshole" and then does what every teenage boy does.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
All the Thing needs is a single touch to begin the assimilation process. The reason the movie took place in the artic was because insects will be the single greatest transmitter of it.
It certainly cannot just tap someone on the shoulder and infect them. If it could, literally everybody in the movie should've been infected.

I mean, it did. Multiple people had been assimilated by the middle of the movie. But the reason not everyone was assimilated was because everyone was on edge and suspious of everyone else, plus they knew some basic mechanics after the dog incedent.

Sir Ovens said:
It has to be in Thing form to do that and by then, the crew would have just 420 blazed it.
No it doesn't. There is no "Thing-form".

@Akerious Yes it can. A single cell can assimilate an entire person in under an hour.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I mean, it did. Multiple people had been assimilated by the middle of the movie. But the reason not everyone was assimilated was because everyone was on edge and suspious of everyone else, plus they knew some basic mechanics after the dog incedent.
That says pretty much nothing. It assimilated multiple people by the mid-point of the movie, of which several times people paired up and walked away in isolation from eachother. There's no evidence of Touch > Infect.

Sir Ovens said:
Yes there is actually, Doc shoved his fingers into another guy's face and they merged together.
I actually forgot about that. Plus the sequal has multiple instances of Thing merging with people. Gimmi a sec.

Sir Ovens said:
Yes there is actually, Doc shoved his fingers into another guy's face and they merged together.
From what instances that's been provided, the assimilation process is particularly violent and "explosive", nothing like a subtle "I touch you once and bam you're done" that I was expecting.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Which one? If you mean Gears 5, then yeah. It's pretty solid.

I might have Marcus fight The Thing soon, on another note.
Depending on how you set that up it could be a horrible stomp for either.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
KnightOfSunlight said:
Which one? If you mean Gears 5, then yeah. It's pretty solid.

I might have Marcus fight The Thing soon, on another note.
Depending on how you set that up it could be a horrible stomp for either.
Once my revisions are through Marcus could have a Low 7-C Hammer of Dawn so yeah I get that.

He has a ton of flame weaponry too so he won't be at a disadvantage even without the space death laser

From what instances that's been provided, the assimilation process is particularly violent and "explosive", nothing like a subtle "I touch you once and bam you're done" that I was expecting.

Because those were action sequenses. The 2011 Thing is very action packed.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Once my revisions are through Marcus could have a Low 7-C Hammer of Dawn so yeah I get that.

He has a ton of flame weaponry too so he won't be at a disadvantage even without the space death laser
Keep in mind the Thing tends to lose straight up open confrentations. This match is such a mess because the Thing has the option to stealth it up.

Oh wait shit. Marcus has Resistance to Bio manip due to staying in a swarm pod for hours and being mostly fine afterwards.

Swarm pods break you down on a cellular level and then use your goop to make a Juvie so I don't think the thing can get past his resistance.

Back on topic, 2011 Thing was indeed action packed. But still, it goes to show that the thing will use brute force to infect faster, at least it seems so.

Oh yeah, that's a stomp then. Don't do it.

If it's pushed to it. In this scenario it won't have to. It can just melt into the crowd and quitely do it's sinister work.

I'm having a really hard time believing that the Thing would somehow be aware of the Terminator's weakness to ice (which didn't really do much to T-1000 but whatever) and actually manage to infect a population within a few hours. At the very least I'm glad the nuke argument got dropped (why would any New Yorker have quick access to nukes anyway?).

Anyway I'm going for inconclusive. Neither can get past each others Regenerationn and I don't see the Thing being able to assimilate T-850 in any feasible way.

While there are many problems with that argument, Inconclusive probably works even though I really don't think Arnold can win this but whatever.

Except it really doesn't.

Let me try to spell out my reasoning here. It's already been proven that the Thing can infect someone with just a touch. There are ten Things at the start of the fight and the fight takes place in New York City. It takes under an hour for someone to be fully assimilated. A single Thing might try to assimilate Arnold in the beginning, but will quickly discover that's not happening. From there the other nine Things will bide there time, slowly assimilating more and more people untill they vastly out number Arnold. From there the Thing-army will have access to pretty much any weapon in New York and can begin trial and error testing what can and can't damage Arnold. And the assimilation won't stop at just the city. The Thing will take around, IIRC, three years to assimilate all animal life on Earth. Back in New York though, the Thing can infect the water supply to speed up the assimilation process for the city.

At best imo this is an Inconclusive and at worst a stomp in favor of the Thing.

We already established incredibly early on there are zero weapons in New York of all places that can kill the Terminator though.

Yeah I don't think there's any man-made weapon that can bypass Low-High Regen.

Even if there was, it wouldn't be in new york.

The weakness to ice is a bit of a boon, but Schnee already showed why that doesn't work.

IIRC Jasonsith did some oil tanker calcs based on fuel combustion and those came out at 8-A.

So, according to you all, there is no way over 8 million people could ever find a way to kill or incap one Terminator? Even though three people could in the movie? Twice?

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So, according to you all, there is no way over 8 million people could ever find a way to kill or incap one Terminator? Even though three people could in the movie? Twice?
There still isn't really a way for them to counter his Low-High Regen. And again, the entirety of New York isn't getting infected in a few hours (or even a few days). T-1000 isn't exactly getting tired out anytime soon nor is he going to get done in by humans with no means to put him down.

On the other hand, The Thing's regen can't really be bypassed either nor can he be located and cornered within a reasonable time frame. As a result, this is inconclusive.

I think we're all forgetting that Arnold managed to arm himself to the level of a small army within a week.

If Thing expands to even a dozen people, Arnold will just arm himself with explosive weaponry and just hunt them down.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
False equivalency because that isn't this Terminator

Again, for the upteenth time, Low High. The Thing has no knowledge on how the Terminator works or its regen

Schnee One said:
Again, for the upteenth time, Low High. The Thing has no knowledge on how the Terminator works or its regen
The exact same thing can be said about the Thing. Both have the same regen level and the Terminator has no prior knowledge.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
The exact same thing can be said about the Thing. Both have the same regen level and the Terminator has no prior knowledge.
Isn't that sorta why we're going for inconclusive?

The Things win this Because it Go To New York airport and fly away from the city when terminator use Nuke in New York GG (The Thing Goal is to spread as Possible with everything)

Terminator kill himself the end....

Witchakorn said:
The Things win this Because it Go To New York airport and fly away from the city when terminator use Nuke in New York GG (The Thing Goal is to spread as Possible with everything)

Terminator kill himself the end....
...Wut?

Back