• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Symbol of Peace vs The Fallen King

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Asgore looked out upon the human world, reclining peacefully back into his chair. "Excuse me. Is this seat taken?" A skeletal looking man asked, gesturing to the seat next to the king. "Oh? No. By all means, be my guest." Asgore said, offering the man tea. As the man accepted his offer, Asgore asked "Not to be rude, but do I know you? You seem familiar." The man sipped before putting down his cup. "I don't believe so. Toshinori Yagi. Cop close to retirement." Asgore scratched his chin, the name didn't ring any bells but something about his hair looked familiar. "Asgore Dreemurr, although I presume you knew that."

Mr. Yagi opened his mouth to speak again.... and immediately vomited blood all over the floor. Asgore looked over in shock. "Are you alright!?" Toshinori waved him off, his annoyed expression suggested this happened a lot. "It's the result of an injury I got a while back." Yagi lifted his shirt to show him. "Bad car accident." He explained. Asgore winced at the scar. Yagi sighed in resignation as he lowered his shirt. "Look, I wish I could saw I'm here by coincidence, but I'm not. Over the past few years, 7 kids have disappeared near Mt. Ebbott and only one has returned." Asgore winced in a sudden expression of pain and guilt, hunching forward, eyes winced shut. He slowly recollected himself.

"It was me." Yagi's eyes widened in shock. "W-What?" "I used their souls to weaken the barrier. I killed them to free my people." Toshinori's expression saddened. "I'm sorry to hear that, Mr Dreemurr." Asgore suddenly felt a muscular hand clamp around his shoulder. "But your under arrest." Asgore's eyes widened as the Legendary Hero All Might stood in place off the frail Toshinori Yagi. "I-I .... I understand but .... my people need me. This is the first of the surface they've seen in years. They'll have no one to turn to without their king." All Might mulled over his point before replying. "Those children had families. Friends they'll never see again. As long as I breath, I won't let that injustice stand!" Asgore gave a tired, doomed sigh. "Fine, but not here. Follow me."

~

The two stood at opposite sides of the Judgement Hall. "We shouldn't have to do this." Asgore said as Yagi retransformed in All Might. "Your people hold you in high regard. In respect of that, I'll give you one last chance to surrender peacefully villain!" Asgore sommoned his weapon. "You know I can't do that." "Very well. But now you face the true power of the Symbol of Peace!"

~

Both at 7-C.

Speed Equalized.

Both have prior knowledge of each other's abilities (All Might knows about Soul Magic from interacting with monsters while Asgore as seen All Might work on the news)

Both fully In-Character

Fight!

Asgore for his possibly thousands of years of combat experience, alongside his fire magic and ability to hurt souls.

>possibly thousands of years

Not really tho

Asgore spends most of the time in the underground and killing whatever kid happens to drop by

His best feat of skill is fighting Frisk and the Monster-Human War (which he lost)

IE literally fighting a small child who didn't even really want to kill him and loosing a war

Really impressive skill

Of course, unfortunately

Soulhax gg as all Undertale threads end

My soul loses because it's an Undertale match that can be settled with one word

It's like Mami but

Yeah it's kinda exactly like Mami

Question: Couldn't the shockwave from All Might's punches blow the flames away? I mean, they both have prior knowledge.

Oh hey that's actually something

Of course there's nothing stopping him from stabbing him with that trident

Also All Might is on a time limit so ultimately there's only so much Danmaku he can block

Granted, All Might has the range edge here too via his shock waves. Asgore's range is meters and a lot of his attacks are melee. Don't count All Might out yet guys, I made this because they were incredibly even.

While he may not be some extraordinary master of kung fu or anything, Asgore is still one of the most highly regarded warriors of his race, so he's not some pushover in terms of skill either. If nothing else, he shouldn't be getting overwhelmed by All Might in skill.

All Might has a decent AP advantage here, since Asgore scales far above baselines and All Might is 33 kilos.

I'm going for inconclusive at the moment, since I'm not sure who's going to die faster here. But I'll probably change my vote after thinking it through a little more.

Asgore really just soulhaxes. Having danmaku + soul manip enough to one shot someone with no resist can't be countered just by being a strong brawler with shockwaves.

Unless characters can resist soul hax or can reasonable go an entire fight without being hit, it's generally not a good idea to put them against non-8-C UT characters.

Here's what I think will happen. All Might will use his shockwaves and massive strength advantage to blow away Asgore and his attacks but soon, when he sees an opening, he will get close and try to finish the fight quickly.

It is here that Asgore will get the chance to use his soul hax and insta-kill All Might since All Might doesn't have the same resistance that allows Undertale characters to take soul hax like a normal attack.

Overall Asgore can end the fight much quicker than All Might can so my vote goes for the king of monsters.

Wait...If both are fully in character, would Asgore actually try to kill All Might? The situation this time around doesn't seem to be something that necessitates Asgore killing another person.

Well, All Might has the AP and range advantage and possibly fighting skills in close combat. Asgore's hax and soul manipulation should be enough to one shot him, but because both have prior knowledge of each other's abilities, All Might will try to keep the distance all the time to avoid the soul magic and he'll take advantage with the shockwaves. Maybe Asgore will hold back because he is weak to murder intentions (considering that both are fully in character). Asgore will withstand several blows, but due to All Might's massive strenght and range advantage he will lose at one time or another.

I'm going with All Might.

Asgore's flames would be no problem for AM, as he can just keep blowing them away with shockwaves. The trident is more of an issue, because AM typically deals with blunt force rather than sharp weapons. I think Asgore's Soul Manip would get AM, but he could pull through in the end if he managed to avoid it. If he hit a United States of Smash, he'd win for sure, so it comes down to this:

Asgore wins if he destroys All Might's soul.

All Might wins if he lands a strong enough hit before that happens.

I'm inconlusive for now, but my vote may change.

I didn't yet, no.

Might be worth noting that if we assume Asgore is exactly 3.2x stronger than Tsunderplane due to having an 80 ATK compared to Tsunderplane's 25 (stats don't seem to be linear, but use this as an absolute minimum), he'd be around 6.473 kilotons, which would make All Might around 5x stronger instead of 3x. Again, considering we don't rate Sans as City Block level+ due to being a 25th of Tsunderplane, Asgore is likely well above this, but we'll just roll with it, for right now.

This is a pretty solid raw power advantage for All Might, and his shockwaves would provide a decent way to keep Asgore at a distance, but I don't really see him making much use of a keep-away tactic in-character.

An issue for AM comes with the fact that, as has been mentioned before, Asgore can strike directly at his soul. Just being stronger on its own isn't going to cut it there, and Asgore can chip away at AM quite easily because of this, which will likely result in a relatively short battle if he manages to land a few good hits. While a similar case could be made for All Might, access to Danmaku is going to make that all the easier for Asgore, and I don't think All Might is going to be healing from the damage Asgore is putting out.

Going by this, I'd give it to Asgore after a well-fought battle, but still one I see him winning more times than not against this weakened All Might.

If I missed anything important, let me know, because I'm extremely tired.

I would like to go back on my claim that Asgore would insta-kill AM.

Putting aside the question of whether soul-hax would one-shot a resistanceless character or not, Asgore in his fight never reduces you to below 1 hp unless that's all you have. What this translates to is Asgore not dealing the final blow until that's the only option remaining for him.

To clarify I'm still voting for Asgore, but I think the fight would play out slightly different than what I initially thought.

Pretty sure that without resistance we could at best assume that All Mights soul us at most 8-C equivalent, so it should still take two or three hits at most.

@Andy

I was under the impression that had more to do with Asgore being unable to fully cope with the fact he had to kill a child (hence why he doesn't even look at Frisk for most of the fight) and that he didn't want to make good on his promise of exterminating humanity once he had the seventh human SOUL, but I can see where you're coming from.

Well, I still don't see any reason why he would be any more willing to murder All Might, that he would not hold back like he did against Frisk.

Added it to Asgore.

@Andy can you add this thread to All Might's profile(he has a very big losses for some reason. Might even rival Sans' losses), Thank you so much for your time.

Back