• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The "Still Not In Smash Bros" Showdown! Isaac (Golden Sun) Vs. Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Both are High 4-C.

Master Hand approaches the fighters, telling them that whoever wins in this battle will join the Smash roster. They both agree to fight.

Speed is equalized. Both have any equipment/abilities they can use in-game.

They are both in-character. Victory by death or incap.

The battle takes place on a much larger Final Destination, with seemingly no edges to fall off of.

MARIOnette:

Yet another anime swordsman: 1 (XitSign)

Well, surprised we didn't do this sooner.

If I remember scaling right, Geno should have the AP advantage because Mario Baseline is higher than Golden Sun. But, I think Isaac holds the advantage in pretty much everything else. He outranges by a pretty good degree, has so many more abilities to work with (granted, Geno resists a lot of them though, so point for Geno that he can't be poisoned or knocked unconsious easily here for example), and his main element includes Soul Manipulation attacks, something Geno seems to have no resistance to and might be the best way to put down a posessed doll in the first place.

Plus, Isaac also has speed manipulations ontop of also having AP and Durability manipulation, so Isaac can keep up with Geno stat changing, and even mess with speed. Along with Forcefields and healing to keep himself in the game.

Isaac also has quite a few resistances, and being resistant to transmutation might negate some of the items Geno could be bringing to try for a quick win to get around Isaac's greater versatility.

I give it to Isaac for having greater versatility, ways to protect and heal himself, resistance to some of Geno's best win-con options, and his own main element has Soul Manips which might be the best way to take down Geno quickly, along with having a pretty good range advantage. Geno's got the edge in inteligence, stamina, and strength, but I think Isaac's huge and varied list of abilities makes the differance here.

Geno also doesn't resist mind manips and BFR, but Golden Sun's mindhax and BFRs are still up for debate on how effective they are, but they might help too.

geno can use also geno flash to destroy a large star like the sun for an istance

Pero lo que tengo dudas sobre issac es that if he can take down while geno can whiht

fear manipulation make ilussions to distract issac

in rumor i tink geno is possibly low universe

Isaac scales above a Supernova's worth of power, he's superior to a summon that makes a supernova go off. And then he got a power up AFTER being that strong. Blowing up a star similar to the sun isn't a good AP argument. (Plus I think you're lowballing Geno there, actually. The Sun isn't a 'Large Star' by VS Debate standards, Geno has better scaling than our Sun)

Fear Manipulation probably isn't going to be a huge counter to all the advantages that Isaac has that I've listed above. While it's a powerful ability to mess with your opponet's psyche, Isaac has range and a whole host of impressive abilities to hit Geno first and protect himself...Also Geno RESISTS Fear Manipulation, I don't see anywhere that he actually has it.

And a rumor isn't good enough for a debate thread. You might want to see about a revision though with the information you might have and see about getting Geno an upgrade, but as he stands he's stronger than Isaac, but still within range for a fight.

Also I can barely understand you even after translating this, if you're not trolling me then please make your responses more coherant and not a mix of two languages pieced together.

Again, please try a little harder with translations for the sake of the website. I don't know if we have a rule about it, but almost everything is in English, so English will make everything easier on other users.

And you need proof that Culex really is Solar System Level, or is some sort of Solar System buster. As we have it now, as a bonus boss we can only be sure he's tough, and probably stronger than Smithy. But that's still in line with the other Mario Characters even if he's stronger. That's not enough proof to say Geno should be a higher tier, and so much so that this is a total AP stomp.

Would Isaac attempt soul manip against what appears to be a living doll?

He does it against Golems, Living Statues, random animals, and the undead.

GS characters just assume everything has a soul, and it normally works out. Isaac wouldn't be phased by a living doll and probably fight it like normal.

Back