• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The spot (spiderverse) revision (SPOILERS OF COURSE)

TL: DR here is the overhaul blog

so, watched the movie where they walk around the Arachno Humanoid Poly Multiverse, and the dot villain is kinda cool so i think he deserves a CRT

also you may notice that some powers are already in the page, but they were added without a CRT, so i'll justify them here.

before anything i need to ask, are dark matter and energy the same thing in this movie? cuz the page seems to have him absorb both?

also note, i will bring stuff from before and after he absorbed multiple colliders, because the nature of his portals and energy doesn't change, rather he gets stronger, gets more fuel for portals and might help his control over them besides his own skill.

BFR: His portals can be used on opponents like from the ground, should be able to send others to other universes if he wanted due to dimensional travel

Possible Deconstruction?: While crushing a sign, it becomes fully dark and dissappears, it doesn't go to a portal, is not thrown away, it just vanishes from his hands, deconstruction?

Dark Energy Manipulation and limited telekinesis: sometimes lets out dark electricity of dark energy, especially when angry, can also throw pure dark energy at others, this energy can also lift objects it is attached to

Pseudo-Flight: Can use his portals to move in the air by keeping his momentumn, also does this later in mumbattan, escaping from several spidermen

Durability Negation: Can teleport parts of objects, and open portals to cut objects apart, as show below, his portals split spacetime too

Limited Space-Time Manipulation: Referred to his multiversal travel as him splitting apart the fabric of space and time.

Limited Pocket Reality Manipulation: Kicked himself into...himself, entering a white dimension filled with his portals, though he doesn't control it, he just has it, idk if this counts for creation though

Attack reflection: With his portals, either from his body or those manifested outside, can send attacks back to the enemy, or even enemies' into other enemies

for his post colliders key, i think perhaps his portal creation could be enhanced since he learned how to move them around, or is that spatial manipulation?

also for his weakness, it should mention that he has far more dark energy to spam portals after his colliders and super collider.

as for his super collider abilities, we got a few i think are worth mentioning.

Enhanced Dimensional Travel: When he leaves that dimension, he doesn't seem to enter into a portal, but rather engulf himself in energy which collapses and vanishes, though he still exits through a portal

Enhanced Dark Energy Manipulation: After he left, dark energy started spreading through the building he was in and started breaking it apart, then it started spreading through the city block, glitching buildings as it swallowed them, Miguel also relates this into the disruption of canons that disconnects dimensions from the spiderverse and destroys them

Enhanced Space-time Manipulation: if the above is true, them the spot can disconnect connected universes and destroy their space time since his portals rip apart the fabric of it.

Enhanced Absoption: In the premonition, he is seen absorbing things into his body without portals, including far away buildings

Possible Incorporeality/Spacial intangibility?: as seen in the vision, his whole body is filled with dark energy, as we seen through the move, those spots act like portals so you can't harm him there, and now his whole body is like that, and we see above that his body also absorbs things to send them through other portals, so technically he doesn't have a body to be hit anymore, if those white spots are just for show that is.

Shapshifting: When he enters miles' dimension, he seems to come out as a bolt of dark energy before turning back to normal, and in this state his body is constantly warping around, with copies of his limbs and heads appearing and dissapering, it also seems to be made of the dark energy he uses

now for some stats things, mostly justifications and one idea

Higher by absorbing dark matter (Grew more powerful with each absorption)

this should be speed and LS as well, he can move and fight notably faster, enough to even blitz miles, though i'm not 100% on this cuz you could argue he is still as fast as them but his portal shenanigans confuse them and stuff, especially thanks to momentumn building, but for LS, he went from being pretty even with miles to momentarily holding him and Spider-punk at the same time, and while getting near the super collider, it took all 4 spiderman to stop him, not even pull but just stop him

as for the justification, show those things above, how he went from physically contending to 1 spiderman, to being able to fight off and later be as strong as 4, oh and during the vision, there is a frame of him standing over several downed spidermen, that helps.

now for the biggest thing but y'all probably already know, i kinda spoiled it above

then it started spreading through the city block, glitching buildings as it swallowed them, Miguel also relates this into the disruption of canons that disconnects dimensions from the spiderverse and destroys them

so, can someone confirm if i got it right, cuz if so, this means the spot post super collider should have a "Low 2-C Enviromental Destruction Overtime" via his dark energy, he probably doesn't scale physically, we will see, but for now it makes sense to me, perhaps the glitching is also related to other glitches like being in the wrong dimension and the people dissappearing in miguel's dimension so like, enhanced deconstruction?

obviously this would also upgrade his range to universal+ via dark energy

i think that's it, if i missed something, comment and i'll add to the OP, but this is all i catched

Last edited:
Looks pretty good rn. I don't have the clip on hand rn, but doesn't his post-collider form unintentionally show Miles a premonition of his father dying? I think that could be precognition/alternate future display.

oh yeah he has precognition for it, but i'm not sure if it was his doing on miles or just the dark energy itself, cuz miles later has the vision again in the spider citadel, though i could see it still being the spot doing so, might need context in beyond, but since he seems to have great control over dark energy, i guess technically he should be able to grant this ability if the dark energy can unintentionally do so

Note that Miles and Hobie easily break out of his hold so I'm not sure about LS. His AP is evidently much higher, obviously

Looks pretty good except for the deconstruction thing since i think its more likely he just teleported it away

I don't think the Pocket Reality Manipulation should be limited.

Presumably, he learned how to use his powers more and can now freely enter that place to traverse dimensions.

so, can someone confirm if i got it right, cuz if so, this means the spot post super collider should have a "Low 2-C Enviromental Destruction Overtime" via his dark energy, he probably doesn't scale physically, we will see, but for now it makes sense to me, perhaps the glitching is also related to other glitches like being in the wrong dimension and the people dissappearing in miguel's dimension so like, enhanced deconstruction
The Spot isn't the one directly destroying the universes. He and Miles just did so by changing the canon which is what Miguel cites as the reasoning behind its destruction.

Deconstruction?: While crushing a sign, it becomes fully dark and dissappears, it doesn't go to a portal, is not thrown away, it just vanishes from his hands, deconstruction

Looks like it got teleported somewhere to me.

By the way, those with dimensional travel currently have range is rated as "Low Complex Multiversal" including The Spot.

I don't know why it was changed to that without a CRT.

Presumably, he learned how to use his powers more and can now freely enter that place to traverse dimensions.

The Spot isn't the one directly destroying the universes. He and Miles just did so by changing the canon which is what Miguel cites as the reasoning behind its destruction.

I agree with this
By the way, those with dimensional travel currently have range is rated as "Low Complex Multiversal" including The Spot.

There's another CRT about this

i put limited cuz he didn't control it or anything, i'm pretty sure he just has it for himself.

the problem is that miguel heavily implies that the anomaly that might destroy that universe is the dark energy the spidermen are trying to contain, which is shown glitching buildings just like the things in miguel's previous dimension, and it all came from sketchy spot, so i don't see why it isn't his doing, maybe his future self is responsible for the canon events, maybe the disruption uses something to destroy universes rather than they just suddenly being destroyed, we don't know, but the scene seems to connect the danger of that dimension with the dark energy left behind

thing is, he only shows direct teleportation far later, and it looks like energy collapsing into itself, while here the sign turns dark than vanishes out of thin air.

oh yeah, it was discussed before that it might be innacurate, i'm pretty sure stuff like this is multiversal+ range, like with funny valentine, instead of interdimensional, but yeah it was changed without a CRT

Agree, and it's already kinda flimsy and we don't know if it's exactly how that works

Oh right. I want to clarify that in terms of my agreement on this this, I also agree with Phoenks’ arguments

again, the same scene where miguel explains it, he shows that the issue that causes the destruction and they can sometimes stop, is the dark energy spot left behind that was glitching stuff the exact same way miguel's dimension glitched as it was being destroyed

also helps that when miles says that it was the spot and not him, miguel doesn't object, he says "that's what happens when you break the canon", heavily implying that the disruption of canon doesn't just sponteneously destroys the universe, but either something is fated to do or is the spot's meddling that does so

headcanon for beyond the spiderverse aside, you don't get more blatant than this, miguel explicitly sahows that the energy left by the spot is going to unravel that dimension, they are trying to stop it, miles says it was the spot and miguel doesn't say it wasn't him

Agree with everything that Phoenks has looked at it too also after seeing what The Spot was doing and the nature of his powers I feel like spacial intangibility is more fitting than incorporal but that's just my personal take.

probably? i think we got 3 staff votes, but i'm waiting for my point to be contested regarding low 2-C

Alright, i made a blog showing the full overhaul, it has some new things explained there, but is mostly putting the agreed abilities on the right keys, chaning issuues like the range, etc

obviously stuff there like the whole low 2-C argument aren't final yet, so anything y'all notice wrong or wanna suggest, go on

obviously stuff there like the whole low 2-C argument aren't final yet, so anything y'all notice wrong or wanna suggest, go on
I mean it wasn’t really the spot that destroyed the universe right? It was more the result of breaking the canon which literally everyone in the verse is capable of doing so i don’t really think that should count.

I mean it wasn’t really the spot that destroyed the universe right? It was more the result of breaking the canon which literally everyone in the verse is capable of doing so i don’t really think that should count.
the issue is that the whole "canon breaking" thing never shows why the universes are destroyed, we just see miguel's dimension glitching before it is gone, and the dark matter the spot left behind glitched the buildings the exact same way, miguel confirms that the dark matter is what's gonna destroy the universe after the canon was broken, and the spider society tried containing it as well just like they do to canon breaks

basically, as far as we know, breaking the canon just dooms the universe for destruction, we aren't shown the exact process of it, and here we see that the dark matter is what's gonna destroy that universe after canon was broken, so is likely that the big twist is that the spot is responsible for the universes being destroyed when canon breaks, or that when canon is broken, the universes is fated to be destroyed, we just don't have evidence that breaking canon makes the universe explode or something

helps that the spot's portals, which are made of his dark matter, also split apart space and time, so them breaking the web that connects dimensions also makes sense, but headcanon aside, everything points out to the spot's matter being the reason earth 50101 would be destroyed

everyone just kind agreed with phoenix and didn't respond to this

Maybe a possibly/likely rating for Low 2-C could be warranted and the reasoning behind it can be put under the justification?

Maybe a possibly/likely rating for Low 2-C could be warranted and the reasoning behind it can be put under the justification?
I think that’s fine yeah, i think the evidence is enough for a “likely” there instead of solid, wouldn’t be against a possibly tough

Honestly i care more for the rest to be added lol

Back