• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Spot's Low Complex Range?

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
According to this page, The Spot has Low Complex Multiversal range and...

No, I don't think that's how that works? I'm pretty sure this would only be Interdimensional as in the movie, he's only able to move from one universe to another.

WHAT THE HELL LMFAO, how did we get Low 1-C range like this
Reasoning for the edit says it's because the MCU and Spider-Verse share the same cosmology but that most definitely is not how that works, even if that's true.

Also yeah, this has been a weird question of mine.

Would it really be Low 1-C range if you're just travelling from one dimension to a Low 1-C tier dimension of 5-D to 6-D, if you're not affecting the entire higher-dimensional object?

Ant brought it up recently, stating a similar conundrum for Tier 2, where it'd be interdimensional if you're going from one dimension to another, instead of affecting them all at once, in which case it would indeed be Low Multiversal to Multiversal+ range depending on the number of universes involved.

Last edited:
Reasoning for the edit says it's because the MCU and Spider-Verse share the same cosmology but that most definitely is not how that works, even if that's true.
I think the MCU and Spider-Verse are supposed to take place in the same multiverse, not only does Miguel directly mention No Way Home and the MCUniverse itself (He specifically mentions Earth-199999, the canon Earth number for the MCU), we are also shown that the Amazing Spider-Man duology and Sam Raimi trilogy are canon to the multiverse

I don't think Spider-Verse is canon to the MCU, but the MCU is canon to Spider-Verse

Oi, someone did the same with Miguel's range.

I agree with the removal of Low 1-C range, the MCU cosmology is 5D mainly because it contains an uncountable infinite amount of 2-A timelines, therefore they are not even moving through 5D space but just between simple universes, to qualify for Low 1-C range someone must affect all the universes at once like Scarlet Witch or Alioth, besides I'm pretty sure there was never a CRT where the crosscaling with the MCU cosmology was accepted. Doctor Strange Supreme's profile was also mistakenly changed with that range without even a CRT

I agree with the removal of Low 1-C range, the MCU cosmology is 5D mainly because it contains an uncountable infinite amount of 2-A timelines, therefore they are not even moving through 5D space but just between simple universes, to qualify for Low 1-C range someone must affect all the universes at once like Scarlet Witch or Alioth, besides I'm pretty sure there was never a CRT where the crosscaling with the MCU cosmology was accepted. Doctor Strange Supreme's profile was also mistakenly changed with that range without even a CRT
?? since when does that give you Low 1-C?

And i am pretty sure MCU is low 1-c because of Kevin.

It doesn't say that.
"We then move on to the power set of ℵ0, P(ℵ0), which is an uncountably infinite quantity [...] On the other hand, an P(ℵ0) number of universes is Low 1-C, and a similar number of spatial dimensions/layers of reality is Low 1-A", this is derailment btw

"We then move on to the power set of ℵ0, P(ℵ0), which is an uncountably infinite quantity [...] On the other hand, an P(ℵ0) number of universes is Low 1-C, and a similar number of spatial dimensions/layers of reality is Low 1-A", this is derailment btw
Hmmm. Interesting, but low 1-C comes from K.E.V.I.N, I haven't seen any reference to uncountably infinite universes on any profile.

This explanation should be more upfront on the profiles tbh. It's buried in a blog.

But to get back on topic, if the spot can travel from universe to universe, but is it universes adjacent to each other, or can he jump from any universe to any universe?
Spot enters a pocket dimension where there are a bunch of holes. Each of these holes connects to another dimension, seemingly at random, though he seems to have gained a mastery of this near the end of the movie.

Spot enters a pocket dimension where there are a bunch of holes. Each of these holes connects to another dimension, seemingly at random, though he seems to have gained a mastery of this near the end of the movie.
You can technically argue that he does have the range to cover an entire low 1-C structure via his pocket dimension. But not in the traditional way.

I'm sure there is away to describe it accurately on the profiles.

But to get back on topic, if the spot can travel from universe to universe, but is it universes adjacent to each other, or can he jump from any universe to any universe?
The latter

video_20230623_110147_edit.gif

John Egbert does have Outversal Range with Retcon Powers, as it allows him to travel anywhere in and out of canon.

Low Complex Multiversal range makes sense. The MCU timelines are clearly a part of the Spider-Verse.

We even see the same exact imagery of "the multiverse" seen in the MCU when Miguel gives his multiverse explanation.

It's a Low 1-C structure he's traveling through, that's all that matters really. It's the same if it was only a 2-A or 2-B structure.

Just note that it's Low Complex Multiversal via Dimensional Travel, so he isn't necessarily affecting the entire thing, just moving throughout the entire thing.

The Range page states this:
Low Complex Multiversal: Attacks and abilities that are able to reach throughout 5-dimensional to 6-dimensional space.
So the problem is that Spot isn't traveling throughout a 5D space, but from a 4D universe to another one, to be considered as Low 1-C range he would have to reach throughout all the uncountable infinite universes at once, like Scarlet Witch when she erased the Darkhold

The Range page states this:

So the problem is that Spot isn't traveling throughout a 5D space, but from a 4D universe to another one, to be considered as Low 1-C range he would have to reach throughout all the uncountable infinite universes at once, like Scarlet Witch when she erased the Darkhold
Low Complex Multiversal: Attacks and abilities that are able to reach throughout 5-dimensional to 6-dimensional space.

Spot's ability literally is reaching throughout a 5-D space. We clearly see that his pocket reality can go to anywhere in a 5-D multiverse.

This is blatantly Low Complex Multiversal range, it doesn't need to affect every single universe at the same time.

It's exactly the same as with Multiversal+ range.

Multiversal+: Attacks and abilities that are able to reach anywhere within an infinite amount of 4-dimensional space-time continuums at the same time."

Yet we rate characters who have 2-A dimensional travels as having Multiversal+ range, because they can REACH between an infinite amount of universes.

It's the same here.

Spot's ability literally is reaching throughout a 5-D space. We clearly see that his pocket reality can go to anywhere in a 5-D multiverse.
He only showed the ability to travel to the 4D structures (universes) within the 5D Multiverse, that 5D space is the place where He Who Remains or the Council of Kangs is located as it also contains all the uncountable infinite timelines, even reaching that 5D space was accepted as only "possibly Low 1-C" on another CRT since the structure in its entirety isn't being affected

He only showed the ability to travel to the 4D structures (universes) within the 5D Multiverse, that 5D space is the place where He Who Remains or the Council of Kangs is located as it also contains all the uncountable infinite timelines, even reaching that 5D space was accepted as only "possibly Low 1-C" on another CRT since the structure in its entirety isn't being affected
didn't he also travel to a 2D universe? that might imply he's able to reach nD universes at will.

Changed my mind. This should be Interdimensional range across a Low 1-C cosmology due to the nature of his abilities.

So yeah, just Interdimensional with Dimensional Travel.

Bump?

Also, I dunno if this interview affects anything, but the co-director states that the Spider-Verse films are not tied into the MCU and they are just having a bit of fun referencing the events of No Way Home
"The world of Miles Morales and Spider-Verse, it's not tied into the Marvel Cinematic Universe or anything like that," Powers explained. "But this is a Lord and Miller film. We like to have a little bit of fun, we like to be a little bit meta and to acknowledge the world in which we are creating these stories. That's the best way to explain it."

Bump?

Also, I dunno if this interview affects anything, but the co-director states that the Spider-Verse films are not tied into the MCU and they are just having a bit of fun referencing the events of No Way Home
That feels l little strange considering the amount of mcu references, the fact that they used the correct universe number and that they even had the prowler from the mcu make an appearance

Back