• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King_Dom470

He/Him
Rules:
Speed equal
Battle takes place in Dio's Castle

Stardust crusaders Jotaro is used
Post-Multiple Collider Energy Absorption Spot is used
SBA for everything else

Spider-verse Images | Photos, videos, logos, illustrations and branding on  Behance

The Spot:

Jotaro:

Incon:

Jotaro throws batshit insane reactions and an MFTL automatic invisible punch ghost GG
Speed is equal so the wouldn’t be mftl and the spot could send back his own barrage by opening a bunch of portals and punching real fast or just by reflecting jotaros attacks

Speed is equal so the wouldn’t be mftl and the spot could send back his own barrage by opening a bunch of portals and punching real fast or just by reflecting jotaros attacks
Wanna know something really funny?

Jotaro's Combat Speed is Superhuman.

Spot is equalized to Superhuman while Jotaro still has his Asinine reactions and murder fister.

Wanna know something really funny?

Jotaro's Combat Speed is Superhuman.

Spot is equalized to Superhuman while Jotaro still has his Asinine reactions and murder fister.
I thought only attack speed was not equalized

Also shouldn't this (it not being equalized) also mean most of Jotaro's (and almost all JoJo characters) matches should be removed given they usually have greater speed than their opponents

(Also afaik Jotaro combat speed is MFTL, Superhuman is his movement speed)

Also shouldn't this (it not being equalized) also mean most of Jotaro's (and almost all JoJo characters) matches should be removed given they usually have greater speed than their opponents
Only if it's somehow unfair. Just keep your distance from Star Platinum and you'll be fine.

I thought only attack speed was not equalized

(Also afaik Jotaro combat speed is MFTL, Superhuman is his movement speed)
... it's combat speed.

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc." ~ Versus Thread Rules

and Spot just to happens to be faster then Jotaro's combat speed. So guess what happens.

... it's combat speed.

"The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc." ~ Versus Thread Rules

and Spot just to happens to be faster then Jotaro's combat speed. So guess what happens.
I know that, I literally said attack speed is the one that is not equalized

Jotaro's Superhuman seem to refer to his movement speed as per the reasoning on his own profile, running 400 meters in 22 seconds.

His attack, combat, reaction speed are all MFTL. He pilots Star Platinum, how can he pilot MFTL punching ghost without having MFTL combat speed himself.

Jotaro's Superhuman seem to refer to his movement speed as per the reasoning on his own profile, running 400 meters in 22 seconds.

His attack, combat, reaction speed are all MFTL. He pilots Star Platinum, how can he pilot MFTL punching ghost without having MFTL combat speed himself
That's why his speed is getting reworked, but as it stands, it is 100% Superhuman and there's nothing we can do about that

Also SP pilots itself, but Jotaro also has MFTL reactions so even if you argue it doesn't pilot itself Jotaro literally has the reactions to properly pilot it.

That's why his speed is getting reworked

Also SP pilots itself, but Jotaro also has MFTL reactions so even if you argue it doesn't pilot itself Jotaro literally has the reactions to properly pilot it.
So what, he's basically immune to speed equalization?

So what, he's basically immune to speed equalization?
Yep.

If you're making a match with any relevant JoJo character with a stand who ISN'T someone like DIO, make sure the opponent has AoE attacks, Star Platinum is good, but Jotaro's tendency to stand there and take hits with his endurance from time to time definitely can and will screw him over. But I admit I haven't watched Part 3 in actual years

Yep.

If you're making a match with any relevant JoJo character with a stand who ISN'T someone like DIO, make sure the opponent has AoE attacks, Star Platinum is good, but Jotaro's tendency to stand there and take hits with his endurance from time to time definitely can and will screw him over. But I admit I haven't watched Part 3 in actual years
I mean spot could BFR, Shoot dark matter at him, Hit and run, Dura neg, etc. So even though he can't fight him h2h spot is smart and he'd probably figure that out pretty quickly and then just start flying around and trying to slice him in half with portals. So I think spot still has his fair share of ways to screw Jotaro over

The only time I saw SP do anything on his own is preventing Jotaro from killing himself and bringing stuff to him when Jotaro was in jail. Other than that I thought Jotaro was pilotting SP in combat, they are one being and all

That's what I meant in my original comment his matches would be removed as I don't think many of them take SP being MFTL and not being equalized into account

it seems the "muh attack speed cant be equalized" messed things up more than fixed them. Imagine Character A who is Hypersonic and Character B who is Superhuman but has Hypersonic attack speed. equalized speed Character A now becomes Superhuman but thus cant dodge Hypersonic attack of Character B even though he could if speed was not equal, some mess like that or Idgt

I mean spot could BFR, Shoot dark matter at him, Hit and run, Dura neg, etc. So even though he can't fight him h2h spot is smart and he'd probably figure that out pretty quickly and then just start flying around and trying to slice him in half with portals. So I think spot still has his fair share of ways to screw Jotaro over
Spot punches Jotaro through a portal, he loses that hand.

BFR is incredibly easy to avoid and not IC for Spot to not just follow the one he's sending to Narnia

Star Platinum deals with the Dark matter rather thoroughly.
The only time I saw SP do anything on his own is preventing Jotaro from killing himself and bringing stuff to him when Jotaro was in jail. Other than that I thought Jotaro was pilotting SP in combat, they are one being and all

That's what I meant in my original comment his matches would be removed as I don't think many of them take SP being MFTL and not being equalized into account

it seems the "muh attack speed cant be equalized" messed things up more than fixed them. Imagine Character A who is Hypersonic and Character B who is Superhuman but has Hypersonic attack speed. equalized speed Character A now becomes Superhuman but thus cant dodge Hypersonic attack of Character B even though he could if speed was not equal, some mess like that or Idgt
Welcome to JoJo lore!

Most of em do, actually.

And that my friend is why if the slower character wins through speed in a speed equal match, it can't be added.

Spot punches Jotaro through a portal, he loses that hand.

BFR is incredibly easy to avoid and not IC for Spot to not just follow the one he's sending to Narnia

Star Platinum deals with the Dark matter rather thoroughly.

Welcome to JoJo lore!

Most of em do, actually.

And that my friend is why if the slower character wins through speed in a speed equal match, it can't be added.
ok this seems like a stomp then

Back