• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we even have a proper calc of busting a big wooden chair tho

Can we keep a list of (accepted) calcs in the OP? Makes it easier to evaluate.
Checking the thread, it appears your suggestion has been implemented, although I do not know if there are any Calculations unaccounted for, currently. How does the opening post of the thread look now?:
This one is gonna be controversial, isn't it?

Why is the Simpson's cast 8-C+, let alone 8-C when there isn't any 8-C calculations on their pages? All I see are 9-B+ calculations and non calculated feats that look 9-A at best.

The best feats I've seen on their pages are Wiggum surviving an explosion that destroyed a tank (dead link), Skinner surviving his car being vaporized, Arnie Pye surviving an explosion the size of a building and Bart being unfazed by a beer explosion that consumed his entire house.

Destroying cars and tanks are 9-A from what I recall and I think Bart's beer explosion feat was calced to have a 9-A low end (although it wasn't evaluated yet) so 9-A seems fine.

List of accepted calcs

Wiggum survives having his tank blown up (9-A)

Arnie Pye's building sized explosion (9-A+)

Grimes survives an explosion (8-C)

Supersonic should just be removed because aside from that thug dodging the bullet there isn’t any the pieman feat was stated that the police were missing with wiggum stating that they actually got one for once, marge flinching isn’t really a feat of speed like it’s normal to flinch at a gun shot, Bart outrunning gun fire isn’t that it’s more likely the rich Texan just firing a warning shot

It would seem that 9-A/9-A+ is pretty consistent. One issue I had is the main cast scaling to random characters who just so happen to have a feat at a certain level. This should go without saying, but on top of accepted feats there should be proof of preferably direct scaling to characters like Homer

I think 9-A wiggum should be consistent we actually have this calc from last year that needs to be re-calced since it was done by buttersamurai so I'll do that after I get some stuff from my finals finished and this one scaling, as for homer I'm not confident any more with the calc I made originally since I got a bit lazy and didn't take into account destroying the second floor, windows, the car flipping over so sorry about that but it should support 9-A just because it's an explosion the size of a house also he survives several explosions the size of his basement oh yeah there's also the candy explosion I guess

Have KLOL506's corrected versions of Buttersamuri's calculations been placed in a separate blog post and evaluated and accepted by our calc group yet? If so, the results can probably be applied to the Simpsons characters.

Have KLOL506's corrected versions of Buttersamuri's calculations been placed in a separate blog post and evaluated and accepted by our calc group yet? If so, the results can probably be applied to the Simpsons characters.
Yeah, the ones I did so far were evaluated and accepted by Kieran upon our request.

I was about to re-do the Whip dodge calc which would result in a higher speed now that Agletonwiki found better scans to scale Lenny's height from, but I got busy with the Naruto stuff.

Yeah, the ones I did so far were evaluated and accepted by Kieran upon our request.

I was about to re-do the Whip dodge calc which would result in a higher speed now that Agletonwiki found better scans to scale Lenny's height from, but I got busy with the Naruto stuff.
Thank you very much for helping out.

So what were the results for your calculations, and are any members here willing to help out with applying them please?

Thank you very much for helping out.

So what were the results for your calculations, and are any members here willing to help out with applying them please?
The result of my explosion calculations were within the 9-A to 8-C range, but I haven't redone the whip-dodging calc YET. It would be slightly higher than what Agletonwiki got but still in the same speed tier. But we were also discussing to find other numerous feats to calc.

We also need to fix Homer's LS as he's not lifting the rock, he's just dragging it across the ground.

The result of my explosion calculations were within the 9-A to 8-C range, but I haven't redone the whip-dodging calc YET. It would be slightly higher than what Agletonwiki got but still in the same speed tier. But we were also discussing to find other numerous feats to calc.
Okay. Thanks again for the help.

So is somebody willing to apply the new accepted calculations results please?

So is somebody willing to apply the new accepted calculations results please?
I believe the consensus was to look for a few more feats, calculate them first and then link them to the profile altogether.

Seems like the people are currently busy in other areas I reckon.

Well, what has been finished here already in terms of accepted calculations? It seems better to apply those results than continue to scale from deliberately misleading calculations.

Well, what has been finished here already in terms of accepted calculations? It seems better to apply those results than continue to scale from deliberately misleading calculations.
Aight, gimme a moment, lemme compile the list of calcs that were accepted.

OK so here's what I found...

Homer's beer explosion (0.15 tons of TNT, Small Building level+)

Arnie Pye's Helicopter crash (0.213833 tons of TNT, Small Building level+)

Frank Grimes's silo explosion (0.682212195 tons of TNT, Building level)

Wiggum's Cadillac Gage-based APC blows up (0.05558049661 tons of TNT, Small Building level, my version)

So far these are the AP calcs that have been accepted. I believe there were a few more calcs that were re-done to be around these levels but I'll have to look for them, some of Buttersamuri's rejected calcs were also redone here to not have overwhelmingly different results.

The calculation results that have been accepted can probably be applied then.

Are any members here willing to handle it please?

I think 9-A wiggum should be consistent we actually have this calc from last year that needs to be re-calced since it was done by buttersamurai so I'll do that after I get some stuff from my finals finished
Can you tell me which episode this feat was from? I could take a shot at it myself.

I think a 9-A , possibly 8-C rating should be fine to apply
I'd say 9-A to 8-C might be a better bet, since two 9-A feats hit the + region and the helicopter calc is like, super high-end 9-A, it's like 1.087x away from being 8-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back