• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Second VS Wiki Holy Grail War (Season 1)

[Its more of a Servant's Saint Graph limitation rather than Skill or specific individual limitation. He moves above certain speed range, which he will if he uses Enfer Chatteu d'If, he dies. Unless Llama possess Determination of Skill which let movement at that speed]

Blahblah9755 said:
[Actually thinking about it, if you were in a position where you could use Pain Breaker, you probably wouldn't be able to activate it immediately since I'd still screw with your nervous system and magic circuits/connection to your master. So if you survive through Pain Breaker I wouldn't retreat straight away.
[In the event this happens Caster would attempt to drag her into Ars Paulina but I guess he can refrain if you guys have other plans.]

[With Arturia's personality, i think i will attack Assassin if this happen, too. Because Arturia follow the Path of Knights, so she really hate those kind of dirty act such as back-stabbing or sudden attack. But idk what will i do if she turn her target from Saver to Helena, though. If Assassin told me about Saver is Jeanne, things may change and i may want to attack her again. But, maybe Caster or old-Saver will interfere and stop me if this happen.]

[As I said earlier, ??? has every intention to announce that this is Jeanne. In fact, it'd probably be by yelling at the top of her lungs "I'll kill you Jeanne!"]

Fabtastic Glasses said:
[Its more of a Servant's Saint Graph limitation rather than Skill or specific individual limitation. He moves above certain speed range, which he will if he uses Enfer Chatteu d'If, he dies. Unless Llama possess Determination of Skill which let movement at that speed]
[All determination of steel is, is pain resistance, and mind interference resistance. It doesn't increase his durability or survivability]

[In any case, I've already said. I'm not disallowing the use of NPs because the player is missing something that the original character had. NPs can be used to the best of their ability that the player's stats - not skills - allows. I'll judge on a case by case basis if I have to, but in this case, he can use ECD without DoS without dying, burning up, etc]

Blahblah9755 said:
[As I said earlier, ??? has every intention to announce that this is Jeanne. In fact, it'd probably be by yelling at the top of her lungs "I'll kill you Jeanne!"]
[Exactly what i mean. Because i am Arturia. If i want to beat Jeanne, i'll beat her in a fair and square fight. Seeing you take advantage of her opening to kill her, even if i know she's Jeanne, i'll still attack you first. Imagine about F/Z, i'm fighting with Diarmuid. Then suddenly, hundred face hassan come and backstab Diarmuid, will i take advantage and attack Diarmuid or will i attack Hassan, the outcome is easy to figure out. Not about i'm taking things personal, but that's what Arturia will normally do.]

[So, in this case, if you attack Jeanne and she use LE to defense, i'll attack you even just one hit with my Instinct first. Then, if you get angry and change your target to Helena, idk if Caster will want to save my Master and come out or not but maybe Old-Saver will come and take Helena away. But, if you not and retreat, i'll turn to Jeanne and duel her on a fight.]

[It's 50/50 with Caster under normal circumstances. He has a soft spot for women in general (being both part Fionn and David will do that to you) and for the time being respects Jeanne's desire to end the war.

If he came out in this case though it'd be because he saw it as the best chance to corner and eliminate Assassin, who he sees as a threat to Jeanne. Not necessarily to protect Helena.]

[That's fine with me, don't worry I know you aren't taking it personally. I'm perfectly happy with this situation, and I don't intend to stick around in the case where Arturia attacks me. To my characters, the chance that Arturia will take out Jeanne is too valuable to go after Helena, since they know Helena won't go along with Jeanne's goal.]

Monarch Laciel said:
Fabtastic Glasses said:
[All determination of steel is, is pain resistance, and mind interference resistance. It doesn't increase his durability or survivability]
[In any case, I've already said. I'm not disallowing the use of NPs because the player is missing something that the original character had. NPs can be used to the best of their ability that the player's stats - not skills - allows. I'll judge on a case by case basis if I have to, but in this case, he can use ECD without DoS without dying, burning up, etc]
[Lol wtf ? Do you even Nasu at this point ? Read the materials again, play CCC again. Servant's Saint Graph simply cannot endure itself moving at a certain speed threshold. Even moving at a speed nearing the speed of light the Saint Graph will start to crumble and under normal circumstance, lightspeed and above is enough to obliterate it. The circumstance in Moon Cell is slightly different and not to mention both Mumei and Nero were wearing their Mythical Formal Wear which let them endure the speed in which they're moving when Kiara throw them away. And despite all that, they were still burning themselves while doing so, so not even the circumstances within Moon Cell amd Mythical Formal Wear can completely seal this problem.

Dantes' Determination of Steel let him endure the speed in which he moves while Enfer Chatteu d'If is active. Not having Determination of Steel mean moving at that speed will simply kill the skillholder because there's nothing that will ensure the Saint Graph condition. No matter what you say. Because that just how a Servant's Saint Graph works.]

Fabtastic Glasses said:
Not having Determination of Steel mean moving at that speed will simply kill the skillholder because there's nothing that will ensure the Saint Graph condition. No matter what you say. Because that just how a Servant's Saint Graph works.]
[Not in this continuity. Happy? I'm playing the GM card. The will of the GM through the power of plot manipulation maintains the Saint Graph. Both Saver and Ruler in the last war had and made regular use of ECD, without having DoS and no one complained, so in this game's continuity, it is canon that Determination of Steel is not required, just like Solomon's magic circuits are not required for Ars Paulina, and a sword origin/element and analysis abilities are not required for UBW and merely being thought of as a bad omen is enough to get Azrael. Ok?]

[People here are just trying to have some fun. We don't need to nitpick over every detail and keep eerything perfectly canon]

[I'm lost. Is Saber going to intervene and save Saver, letting me be an unknown factor or should I reveal myself and try out my old self on Assassin, revealing my presence in war?]

[And Fab, TTBB has sorta been this way for the previous war. I was contemplating DoS but decided against it due to the fact that the limitation isn't present. We could always say something like it strains my now old body(Yet another nerf)]

[@Owari. Can Saver survive the first attack somehow? If you can, survive it in whatever possible way you want]

[@Llama. If Saver cannot survive the first attack, old Saver must TTBB in and save her. Push her out of the way, or just use your spear and immeasurable speed to deflect her fist and all the hairs or something]

[@Edwellkin, Caster's clairvoyance means he knows what is going to happen and that Saver will survive, as the future would only start changing once you (or anyone else with legit future sight like SNI) actually started trying to change it. So he doesn't need to intervene]

[@Hizack, your master said his first name was john when he was talking to Ruler and Rider btw. You can play it off as that is the english name he uses, but you need to acknowledge it. Also, even if Berserker is an silent emotionless knight, your master is not, so you will need to write John's dialogue. He was already waking up when Berserker ran off, so he should be awake now, and would have heard Ruler saying "you are heading straight towards another servant" and would be willing to talk, seeing as Ruler has already helped him out earlier]

[Everyone else, react as your character would, or continue doing whatever you were doing]

[@Monarch: My LE can tank Assassin's combo, so i'll survive. My Revelation will tell me to use LE, and i just need to raise my flag to activate my LE.]

[@Blah: Wait, are you meta-ing? I mean, how can you in the story know that Helena hates me?]

[So the order of move would be: Monarch get here -> Blah attacks me -> I use LE -> Saber attacks Assassin -> Blah retreat -> Ramesses get here -> Saber duel me? At which point do Llama and Edwell join in? Or will they just stay idle?]

Something being wrong without no one correcting it doesn't make it right. It just say that no one present know Nasuland all that much

No matter the continuity, Servant is still Servant and how Saint Graph work stay the same. At this point, this is not a Nasuland fanfic game with HGW, Servants, and master but a straight text-based fiction game that ripped off nearly everything from Nasu.

And all the thing you mentioned are the same thing that i also already mentioned that need a specific something to work and somehow you just keep going "lolmyowncanon"

Ars Paulina need a specific Magic Circuit given by god to work

UBW need a specific Origin to work

Delusional Pedigree need a specific background to even be a thing

Azrael need a specific background to even be a thing

Achilles' shield that somehow gain limitation that goes against canon, Ea that somehow gained limitation that goes against canon, Reincarnation Pandora that somehow can work because there's a rule that doesn't even exist in canon, EX ranked Imperial Privilege that somehow just work like an A ranked Imperial Privilege that goes against canon, someone gaining SNI just because he went upstair when everyone else is drunk, someone gaining Rule Breaker just because he occasionally break rules while Rule Breaker's main point is betrayal not breaking rules, someone gaining System Keraunos which bring the might of something from AoG into modern human civillization just because he claim that hes smart without further justification, being a stone headed person gives you God Hand while God Hand's main point is that's a blessing/curse granted by god by doing labors that were thought to be impossible (thus, having a hard headed behaviour mean it's not enough because you still have to finish a very hard labor), someone gaining Gate of Skye just because he has a good gaming gear that ensure no one will leave early, and many more things etc etc

You see what's wrong with this whole thing ? It goes against canon way too friggin' much. At this point, this is just an everyday "bad Nasuland fanfic" all over again.

I participate in hope that this whole thing somehow manage to get itself in rail with the canon when i drop off at the 1st game. It doesn't happen here, which is kinda disappointing.

Consider myself out. And better familiarize yourself with the work in question in case you're gonna do something like this again in the future

You guys can still ask me on my wall or something in case you're wondering how certain things work and/or interact in canon or whatever. But i'm dropping this fanfic off.

[@Owari Llama is still under instructions to keep Saber and Saver alive, so if you do start fighting to kill each other he'll intervene, but otherwise its up to him. You are all on the doorstep of Caster's base, so Edwellkin can do what he wants, intervene, sit back and watch or retreat to a new base (though that would be difficult seeing as he needs to physically transport the Ark).]

With SNI I see Lancer has continued around us, and arrived at the zoo. Unfortunately there is a freak accident, one thing leads to another, and within minutes the penguins at the zoo have brutally mauled lancer and his master to death, ripping them limb from limb with their flippers, making penguin noises all the while that ring out over their screams.

[@Fab If you are just going to complain about "oh it's not canon" then I am perfectly happy with you leaving. Everyone who joined this is just trying to have some fun, not compose the next great nasuverse installment. I appreciate your help with explanations of certain points of the Nasuverse, but this is a game and not everything needs to be completely identical and follow all the mechanics of the canon. Also, the bit about choosing NPs is not literally your character having the legend of "inviting people to his house and gaming". Its just an interesting way to choose NPs for your character]

[@Owari: Helena's Shirou's grandkid while Liz is Birdie's. So they know each other and Liz knows about what happened to Shirou, and has come to the conclusion that Helena would join the war to save Shirou with her wish. Since Jeanne announced that she's trying to halt the war and therefore stop anyone from getting their wish, we know Helena will be at odds with you.]

[Sorry to hear that @Fab, though the fact that this all started as a "Based on your past/personality which Noble Phantasm would you get" type thing probably implies that we shouldn't be taking the accuracy of it 100% seriously. Obviously none of us have the same legends as these characters nor would we become heroic spirits if we existed in the Fate verse. I do of course respect your wishes and don't hold it against you though.]

[@Monarch can't I just store Ark in Ars Paulina, move to a different location, then retrieve it?]

[@Edwellken Oh true, you could totally do that. Although not for long, as you would still need to be maintaining the mana cost of keeping the marble up even if you weren't in it]

[Ars Paulina cost EXTREMELY HIGH mana. Even with your A++, i doubt you can't even hold it up to 10 minutes before draining your master alive.]

[@Blah: Btw about your former post about whatever you can do to me if i don't use LE and PB instead. PB is pretty broken Regenerationn at this point, though. Except from "death", "It can abolish any and all unreasonableness" and return one to their original. Even connection with master, soul damage, magic circuit damage or anything strange not in one's original self can be repaired by PB. Unless, for example, someone without a hand from the moment he was born, PB can't heal him because that was his original self.

Basically, unless you instant kill me, PB right now have no delay time and no physical form (not like RB need a dagger, PB more like a magic), and can even fix whatever has been destroyed by your NSS. It's C ranked btw so the mana cost isn't that high. Anyway, it's just saying. I'm gonna use LE because god tell me to do so.]

[Owari, PB only works against damage originating from mage craft iirc]

[Edit: The wiki says "It returns any and all curses and injuries by means of magecraft to zero", so that could be interpreted as it fixes "curses and injuries caused magecraft", or it could be interpreted as restores and injuries or curses "to zero by using magecraft". Though it seems Bond 5 just lets it repair whatever, so I'll assume the second interpretation is correct. So ignore the original message]

[Does PB activate automatically or do you use it consciously? The point I was making was that due to your nervous system and magic circuitry being screwy from NSS you wouldn't be able to use it immediately if you had to consciously activate it.]

[@Monarch: Not really, that's a strange point in type moon wiki. In FGO story, Okaenos chapter, Pain Breaker somehow heal the damage done by Heracles's Nine Lives, and that one can't be magecraft or magic to begin with. The whole meaning of PB is materialization of Medea's love, calculating one's original self and rewind them back to that point.]

[@Blah: No passive or automatic, need my activation. And unless i have E rank luck, i doubt you can destroy all of my magic circuit at the same time. PB is only C rank which require low mana, so i can use it even without my full functioned magic circuit.]

[@Blah, i think that just like Rule Breaker, she needs to stab herself with it]

[Edit: Nvm, its not a dagger, just an ability. I got confused because it said it was Rule Breaker's pair]

[Lol how far can I go in 10 minutes? Probably not gonna just run though, wouldn't wanna leave Jeanne. I'm really just waiting for the story to progress so I can make my next move.]

["All Wounds Should Be Repaired" performs automatic repairs not by means of time manipulation, but by calculating the proper figure one originally had. For those that do not know any better, it would just look as rewinding of time. It can abolish any and all unreasonableness other than "death", but it simply cannot bring back the dead.

This is how Pain Breaker work. So basically, there are ways to prevent it:

1. Kill me, easily like that.

2. Forbid my NP activation. Ramessesium Tetrys is an example due to i'm not having Divinity right now.

3. Drain my mana, to the point i can't activate it.

4. *ahem* This is due to it's mythology, not sure if work in this game. Pain Breaker means a materialization of love, so if someone can somehow inflict a whatever it is to my mind, to the point that i feel no love to anyone or anything (become Alter?), yes i can't use it.

PB isn't so convenient like God Hand or Thrice of Setting-Sun, so if you can kill me first, yes, everything is alright.]

OwariNepgear said:
[So the order of move would be: Monarch get here -> Blah attacks me -> I use LE -> Saber attacks Assassin -> Blah retreat -> Ramesses get here -> Saber duel me? At which point do Llama and Edwell join in? Or will they just stay idle?]
[I'm asking here, people. Is this order alright?]

[@Owari: It isn't just your magic circuits that become an issue here, but also your nervous system. Thinking to activate your abilities or sending signals to control them would become hard, and it doesn't seem to outright destroy your systems, but skew them as if a tornado had hit them. So it should break down their function and usage crippling you. That's why I said you would need to get your bearings back, you'd need to adjust to a skewed nervous system and magic circuit enough to activate your NP.]

[@Everyone: I'm gonna try to go to sleep, so if things happen I'll write my perspective later and possibly make minor adjustments to my characters' dialogue and actions.]

[@Ed: Really? I've seen nothing about him coming. He just got to Washington Heights and our fight may not big enough to attract his attention from kinda far away, though.]

[@Blah: Arturia said that she will attack you, so even if i need time to get back to my sense (Saint B's Regenerationn may make it faster), i believe i can pull it long enough to use PB. Anyway, let's not talk about parallel world's action, in this world i use LE.]

[Idk I just kinda assumed. The order looks good though. If I were to take an action it would probably be between Saber attacks Assassin, and Ramesses arrives.]

[Nah, MCM seals the madness. Although the Lenny face at the end makes me think there is a joke here I'm missing]

[In visual novel, Heracles and Lu Bu under Mad Enhancement have their line become "ÔûéÔûéÔûâÔûâÔûéÔûé". Just trolling.]

[Waiting for Ed and Llama to tell me whatever they are going to do at what point so i can write the story. And it's about to reach 300 post, guess we should continue this in next thread.]

[Well his action depends on one of three scenarios.

1. If at any moment Jeanne is in critical condition and unable to act, he'll join the fight and if given the opportunity take her into Ars Paulina.

2. If she's in danger and still able to fight he'll join the battle and just support her.

3. If the fighting stops without him needing to join (which is probably the most likely scenario) he'll have the priest throw his ring out of one of the church windows towards Jeanne and (assuming she picks it up) invite her inside the church.]

[Technically the threads can go until 500 post. Let's see if we can finish up this event before we need to switch, and then I'll make the new thread]

[And I'm still waiting for Hizack... how long does his church go for I wonder? I just need to explain to his master how the war works, seeing as the servant doesn't seem the best at explaining. Or speaking at all]

[What did i miss? Also @Edwellken I'm just nearby but not to the point i can sense or be sensed plus i got hilariously owned by the previous lancer]

[@Redgrave, nothing much. Still trying to work out what is going on at the church, plus seeing as Ruler needs to be there for it, Hizack needs to get back to me so I can finish Ruler and Berserker's interaction then head there. Fab left because we took too many liberties with the canon for him to accept, so Lancer and his master were brutally murdered by penguins at the zoo in a freak accident]

Back