• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Second VS Wiki Holy Grail War (Season 1)

[HOW WAS CHURCH!]

[Plz Hizack. Just tell me what you plan on doing in the current situation you are in, and I'll write it for you quickly]

[well ok then, as i said before while Berserker don't talk he still pretty smart, you can just talking thing out with him and Coop with him for shot time then talk with his Master if you want to team up with me.]

[Alright]

Berserker stops and turns to me. I catch up and land on the roof next to him.

"Hold up man. You're about to run into Lancer and his master [At this point in time they is still alive, making their way to the zoo]. Considering you are carrying your own master, who's an old man, probably not the best time to fight right now. Follow me, I'll guide you away from them"

Berserker looks at me impassively, but the old man in his arms looks up.

"Ok. Follow him then" Berserker looks down at the man, and he flinches "I guess...if you want...maybe... I'm just going to be unconscious again" John looks down and closes his eyes. I look at Berserker, raising an eyebrow below my blindfold (though I doubt he can see) and after a moment Berserker nods slightly.

"You want me to carry the old man? I'm faster than you, but I can't take spirit form, while you can. It would be quicker if I carried him, seeing as you can just use spirit form to fly through any obstacles while I need to jump over them"

Berserker looks at me, narrows his eyes and shakes his head.

"Alright, just a suggestion"

I turn away and begin leaping across the buildings towards Harlem. with Berserker following close behind me. Soon we reach Harlem

We arrive on top of a building. With my SNI, I sense we have outrun Lancer. Berserker sets down Kazuo, helping him stand.

"Thanks" he says. He looks at me

"Why are you helping us? Aren't you a servant too?"

"I am. But I'm a Ruler Class. I don't participate, I just make sure the war goes smoothly. And you don't know quite what's going on other than the most basic framework, so I've decided to teach you"

"Didn't you just participate by leading us away from the other servant?"

"Well yes, but that was for the same reason I sent that man who was with me away. Seeing as I had taught you how to call Berserker to you at that precise moment, it didn't seem right that you be forced into a fight right there and then. Plus, well... I met Lancer and his master before, and while Lancer seemed alright, if a bit obsessed with rome, his master was a piece of work"

I go over the details of the war with him, including command seal usage, and how to summon the grail (which he didn't even know about) to grant a wish. He thanks me.

"Get Berserker to find you a new place. The top of a dirty rooftop is no place to participate in a battle royal from."

"My home is back near the zoo"

I attune SNI. It seems Lancer and his master have been murdered and devoured by penguins.

"It should be safe to go back there in a few minutes. Alright, I need to go"

I leap off the building and begin making my way to Washington Heights

[People at the church, hust so it's clear, I won't be showing myself unless I absolutely have to. I'll be hanging out on the fringes, just far enough away that I won't be sensed, but using SNI to show me what's happening and what is going to happen. I might pop in if briefly I see a good opportunity though (e.g. you write something that interests me), so don't write too far ahead in case you need to rewrite]

[Oh yeah, you missed that part. Fab got annoyed that we were straying too far from Nasuverse canon mechanics and quit. So can I carry your master to make it a bit quicker?]

[I understand and somewhat agree with Fab and his stance about us straying away from core mechanics from the Nasuverse, like how both Ruler and Saver used ECDF without limit or random limits on Noble Phantasms due to balance reasons. But at the same time our game isn't even part of the nasuverse anyway it's a fanfiction game for fun so we can take some liberties to fit our game. If we followed canon 100% we wouldn't even be able to play since our entire game premise contradicts the nasuverse core mechanics anyway. So it's kind of silly to complain about it]

[Making me late...]

I arrive at Washington Heights, careful to avoid getting in range of anyone and anything that could sense me. I position myself on a rooftop several city blocks so that I can get there in a few seconds if needed. If SNI tells me anyone is coming closer I'll move away and avoid their sensing range. I crouch and use SNI to observe the situation.

[Alright. Its up to the people at the church now]

Just right after we finish our question (Who are you?), my Revelation tell me to raise my flag and use my LE instantly. There's a threat? Something that i have to use my Noble Phantasm? Saber doesn't look like she's trying to pull something out, and there isn't any other presence here except for us and that Servant inside the church. So, that Servant inside want to take both of us down while we're fighting? I can't let this happen. I raise my flag up and chant:

- Here's the work of the Lord! My flag, defend our brethrens! Luminosité Eternelle - God is Here With Me!

A barrier of light takes form and covers around me and Saber. Saber seems quite surprise at what am i doing right now. Indeed she is,, this is my Noble Phantasm, the holy barrier from my lord to protect me and my allies from enemies. As i use my NP, my Saint also cover my body with some light aura, this is what marks my existence as a Holy Maiden, as Savior of France. The barrier is a materialization of my will to protect, to save my people and my unfading faith toward my lord.

- Y... you are...

Saber murmurs to herself, before a girl's voice yell out: "Die! Jeanne!" and an extremely strong attack land right in front of my barrier. Then, just in a blink after that, multiple strikes land on every direction aroud us. However, i can't see anything. With my body's light, we can easily see what's around us. Yet, whatever hit my barrier is unknown. Saber clicks her tongue and say:

- Tsk! An invisible enemy!

Saber turns to a direction and shoots out a strong blast of wind from her sword. That blast is a vortex of wind and mana which may even comparable to a Servant's NP. [Not Excalibast here, this is Invisible Blast, just casual combo of Saber's Prana Burst with Invisible Air. If Arturia want to change this part, i will.]. Saber's blast destroy the ground but she only use enough mana to blow up 3 meters from her, so this won't affect her Master who is staying in front of the church. The series of attack on my barrier has ended, Saber must have hit that attacker with her attack. With that, i lower my flag and turn off LE. Phew, this caught me surprise but Saber is really strong. However, just when an incident passed, another incident come. I feel another new presence of a Servant (Archer here) nearby, Saber must feel this, too. I say to Saber:

- Saber, someone is coming. Let's...

But, before i can even finish my sentence, Saber's Master yell out:

- Saber! That Servant is Jeanne! Take her down!

What... did Saber's Master just said what she just said? Maybe Saber won't do that... is what i thought before Saber turn her wind sword to me. Her butler clothes slowly change to a set of blue dress with silver armor. She is serious now, this isn't a joke. I also call my armor on, hold my spear flag before me and say:

- Why... Saber...

- I am Helena's blade. If you want to end this war, you will destroy Helena's wish. I have to kill you, Jeanne d'Arc!

Her voice is cold. She isn't hate me, she isn't taking this personal, she really is fighting for whoever Helena is. She's just like Gilles, she's a real knight. That's why she didn't attack me but was waiting for me to prepare. She's challenging me to a fight till death. I grip my spear tight, this fight is unavoidable now. I get to my battle stance and say:

- Jeanne d'Arc from Orleans! I'll take your challenge!

- I can't tell you my name, i'm sorry. Now, show me what you've got, Holy Maiden!

With that, we charge in to other...

[Gonna end it here so people can take in if they want to].

Jeanne got attacked by an invisible servant but managed to defend herself with her own Noble Phantasm. The enemy Saber class, (who looks like Jeanne so I'll call her Faker instead) however then managed to drive off the unknown assailant. Seems like she's the honorable knight type. I'm interested in that invisible enemy but it looks like Faker and Jeanne's fight isn't over yet. Faker's master just ordered her to take out Jeanne and it looks like Faker's getting serious. This would usually only be a slight inconvenience but more enemies are on the way so I have to stop this now...

As I open the front door of the church, it looks like Jeanne and Faker are too far away or otherwise too preoccupied to listen to me, so I turn my attention to Faker's master.

[I couldn't think of any specific dialogue so I'll let someone else do it if they feel like it and edit it in afterwards.]

I tell her to call off her servant, as more enemies will soon arrive, and I'd rather not have such a chaotic battle on my doorstep. She doesn't trust me, which is quite understandable. I explain that continuing to fight in this situation would be disadvantageous for her, since I'm only offering a temporary peace due to being short on time, but if she refuses, I'll be joining the battle on Jeanne's side. I state that someone as gifted as her should be able to tell if this was a trap or not, as I invite all three of them into the church. [They should be unaffected by the mana drain now.] Despite technically threatening her only a few seconds ago, I smile at her without the slightest bit of malice. It really would be a shame to have to kill such a sweet girl.

[@Artoria Fab dropped out for out of game reasons, Assassin attacked Jeanne, who defended herself with Luminosite Eternelle, Saber drove off Assassin, then she and Jeanne started fighting. Caster is currently proposing a temporary truce to your master.]

[Jeanne's POV kinda describe everything nicely already. Copy most of her work and change it to my POV is gonna boring, so i'm gonna write after her POV then.]

I swing an Invisible Blast at Jeanne, but she manages to see my move before i use it and jump up high. What a fool, now she got nowhere to dodge. Wrong choice, Holy Maiden. I jump up and slash at her from below. She uses her flag spear to deflect my slash and lands a strong kick right at my chest. But, i won't just let her get away like that. I grab her leg when she kicked me and throw her down. We both hit the ground hard on our back and leave a crack at where we land. But, we instantly get up and rush to each other again. She's tough, but i won't lose. We exchange several attacks and grab every opening we can, but not even a single fatal hit landed on each other, just some scratchs.

[I shouldn't know about this point, more like 3rd person's POV.]

While we're fighting, Caster come out of his church. He had seen our fight, but he decided to speak with Helena first because she's in front of the church.

"Hello there, cutie. Mind stop your little ruckus and call it a day?"

"You're Caster, right? That church must be your little den then. No longer tucking inside your hideout?"

"Harsh mouth, young lady. No one will want to have some trouble right before their house. We have some companies around, i doubt you would want them to take advantage of this, right?"

"You are one of them, too. Why should i believe in you?"

"Pretty simple. I'm offering you a choice. If you stop it for now, i'll invite all of you inside and we'll have our little tea party. Easy, right? I'll assume all of you's safety for as long as we stay in our church. However, if you deny it, i'm afraid i'll side with Jeanne and take your Saber down."

"Tsk, so i was right after all. Jeanne is your ally, right? Save people this, end the war that, all lies. You guys just want to the grail for your own."

"Don't mistake me for some low-class filthy like that. We haven't met even once. But her ideal is beautiful. And i'll stay on beauty's side."

"You're saying that you're a play boy who will flirt with any cutie you see?"

"My my, you're flattering me. Then, your choice, girl?"

Helena keep her silent and turn her eyes to me. She must be confused, and don't know what to do in this situation. But, on our side, we've already reached the climax of our battle. We've already fought for several minutes, and we're on par in term of technique. Guess i'll have to land an extremely strong blow to take her down. I jump backward to keep my distance. Then, i point my sword to the ground behind and use Invisible Blast, take advantage of that blast to shoot me straight fast and strong to Jeanne. Then, i raise my sword up high and cut another Invisible Blast down at Jeanne. Strengthen by the power created from that burst, and another direct Invisible Blast right at her face from above. With this, i'll beat her for sure. But, when my attack land, Jeanne disappeared from my sight. My attack only hit the ground. Her presence is some meters to the left instead. As i look there, Jeanne is being carried by an old man in princess style. Everything happen so fast, just in a blink of eyes. First, Jeanne was here. Then, she got their with another old man from no where. Who the hell is he? He doesn't seem to be a Servant at all. [Old-Saver isn't a Servant right now, right? Is he like Gilgamesh in FSN? You know, with real body.]

Took Jeanne some seconds to realize she is in an very embarrassing pose. Her face gets blushed and jumps down from that old man's hands. I point my sword to that old man who is around 5 meters from me and say:

"Who are you? Are you Jeane's ally?"

But, just when i finish my sentence, that old man appear right before me and use his spear to lock my sword down to the ground and say:

"On someone's order, i'm here to stop your fight."

I pull my sword out and attempt to cut him, but, Helena's voice come out loudly:

"That's enough, Saber! Stop it, for now."

With that, i stop my sword before it reach that old man. With a "tsk", then i make my sword disappear. But, with another blink, that old man also disappear from where he was, and nowhere to be seen. I discharge my armor and change back to my butler clothes. Jeanne also makes her flag disappear and change back to her casual clothes. Guess she also doesn't want to continue this fight. With that, we both walk to where Helena and Caster are.

[Alright, finally giving my POV]

"This time you'll be the one to die Jeane!"

I yell it at the top of my lungs. Seeing her makes my blood boil. It's not just how she so clearly contradicts Master's ideals. I don't know how, when, why or where, but every time I hear her name, every time I see her, I think she's killed me before.

[Basically since people have been remembering stuff from previous wars somehow, I figured I'd have ??? retain a single memory from Apocrypha with absolutely no context whatsoever, namely the fact that Jeane "killed" her(Jack).]

I struck with every attack I could, but it was all stopped. She used her Luminosite Eternale. She had a revelation?

"Tsk, an invisible enemy?" I hear Saber call out. In my anger I completely forgot about her, even if I'm faster, she has good instincts and there's no way I can fully dodge this late. Her sword finishes moving and blast of wind is fired into me, leaving a gash in my side.

I begin to plug up and apply pressure to the wound with my hair as it starts recovering slowly. As I calm down a bit my presence Concealment and Sphere Boundary reactivate, and I ask my Liz, "what do you think about red hair?"

"Not right now, Question! You need to stop losing focus." She used my name!

But now's not the time to be happy, "right, sorry for failing to kill her. And then I went and got injured too…"

"Don't worry, we weren't expecting to bring her down that easily. But Helena won't let up easily either. You've retreated enough, they won't remember you anymore so strictly observe them for now. Just be more carefully next time. And when you get there say to Helena…" (L)

As I go back to watch, I begin sensing another servant coming, but my Liz was right, Helena tells Saber to keep attacking Jeane. Still, she's a bit unhappy "Another servant's coming? Shoot, if that happens they might stop their fight!"

I head to where Helena is to give her my Liz's message "why the hell are you still so close to the door? Do you want Caster to kill you that badly?" As I move away to watch the battle from a slight distance Caster comes out. Rest In Peace. But he starts negotiating with Helena to deal with the approaching servant. Apparently he's one Jeane's fanboys and wants them to 3v1 the guy.

I turn back towards the fight, I say to my Liz "they seem even".

Her response is unexpected, "it may seem so, but Saber isn't using Noble Phantasm level attacks, on the other hand it's quite possible Jeane just doesn't have any to use."

"Woah! My Liz is a genius!" (?)

"Um? Your Liz?" (L)

"Um… uh… hey, look at Saber!" I never thought I could stutter so much in telepathy. Saber uses her wind blast to burst forwards, and aims in at Jeane, but before it can hit, Jeane disappears and reappears a few meters away in an old man's princess carry. The hell? Jeane jumps down from his arms, embarrassed and maybe a little angry, Liz starts singing "Tsun-tsun dere-tsun dere-tsun-tsun."

"Who are you? Are you Jeane's ally?" Saber yells this as she points her sword at Oldie. But before she'd finished speaking her sword was already being locked to the ground by a spear.

"On someone'sorder, I'm here to stop you fight." Saber seems to ignore the reply from the person she questioned and just tries to cut him… maybe we could be friends after all!

But before she has the chance Helena stops her "That's enough Saber! Stop it, for now." Hearing this the annoyed Saber dematerializes her sword. The man disappears and reappears for a split second behind Saber, tripping her over before she can even realize he's there, only to disappear again. I can't help but keep being shocked by his teleportation, and for such an old man his speed is pretty impressive as well. Meanwhile my Liz yells in our minds "Dammit!" as the two girls remove their weapons and armor heading to Caster's location.

"Do we keep watching Liz?" (?)

"For now, but maintain some distance, be ready to fall back. We don't know what this new servant can do, if they're able to sense you it'll be bad, but if not we'll get useful intel." And with her clear orders, I keep watching from a nearby roof.

[Unfourtunately I won't be able to participate for the reimainder of this game due to IRL reasons. Which is a shame because I really wanted to nuke someone with 50 anti fortress noble phantasms or insta kill people with pashupata. Anyway if you guys have any questions about nasuverse(that isn't fate extra/ccc because I haven't played them yet) feel free to leave a message on my wall. In the context of this game let's just say my master orders me to commit suicide for some stupid reason and that I manage to overkill him with Pashupata. Despite me leaving I hope you all have a fun game and good story that I can read]

[@Ramesses That's a shame. Sorry to see you go]

[@Blah, where is your master in all this? Is she right nearby or is she back at her own base using telepathy and that ability to see through a servant's eyes?]

[@Ramesses That's too bad, I wish you the best with your real world stuff.]

[@Monarch At my base using telepathy and sense sharing.]

I view the city from the top of ESB. I stand there for a couple of minutes, taking in the view and all the noticeable changes. I sense high concentration of mana in an all too familiar place.

Washington Heights eh? Wonder what's going on in my old base.

I give a slight smile and activate TTBB and come out of space-time. I appear at the battle scene[The church?] in an instant. I notice that the servants that I'm supposed to protect are fighting each other. One's almost hit by an attack. Still outside space-time, I carry the under-attack servant to safety.

The attack misses. The look on (Saveb's) face seemed priceless.

Ah how I miss this. I say, to no one in particular.

(Saber) points her sword at me. Who are you? Are you Jeanne's A-

At which point I use TTBB again and pin her sword using my spear.

On someone's orders, I'm here to stop this fight. I say.

(Saber) pulls her sword back to try and attack me again. But stops, her master has called her back for some reason.

She de-materializes her sword. The very moment I use Tyger Tyger Burning Bright to leave, as my work had been done there. But just before leaving, I move behind (Saber) and trip her[Cause why not] as a testament to what I could do in an actual battle. I leave the church.

[@Ramesses Ah sorry to see you leave. Was looking forward to Dkosh you. Hax Man vs 50+ NPs would've been a cool battle]

[The original intention was that old Ruler makes a contract with Old Saver and feeds him the mana he needs, but I forgot to write that part. So either me and Llama can both edit that in (which means he actually is still a servant and has a servant presence), or say his constant rebirths in Patchwork Soul somehow gave him a physical body and unlimited mana. His death will still qualify as a servant's soul for the grail and the wish though]

[@Llama yeah this is going on at the church. Also, the walls of Caster's territory are directly attached to the church walls, maybe you should break something else.]

[That's unfortunate Ramesses, lot of people dropping out huh? Good luck with whatever it is you gotta do.]

[Artoria has already accepted the truce, so do what you want. I'm just sitting back and watching, though I might come in if I see a good opportunity]

[Not gonna lie lol I half forgot you were here.]

[If I'm being honest, what I was gonna do before seems kinda pointless if Archer isn't gonna come anymore, though Caster could still just try to make a deal with team Saber instead. Should I just let Ruler come introduce himself or whatever? (In which case I'll let you write it @Monarch)]

[Nah, I've already introduced myself to Jeanne, and she can tell you about me. I have places to be, things to do]

As I wait for this master to respond, Jeanne suddenly vanishes out of the line of her attack, and reappears a few meters away being carried by an old looking servant(?). (That bastard.) I was trying to resolve their conflict before this guy came but I guess it was too late. I look at him in disgust, though he doesn't seem to notice or is just ignoring me. Saber points her sword at the guy.

"Who are you? Are you Jeane's ally?"

She barely gets her question out before he disarms her and says:

"On someone's order, i'm here to stop your fight."

As I wonder who or why, Saber's master calls her back. Looks like she's decided to accept my offer. As Saber de-materializes her weapon, the old guy suddenly appears behind her and trips her before disappearing again, which upon witnessing, I barely manage to contain my laughter. It doesn't seem like he'll come back for a bit.

The two who were fighting join Saber's master in front of the church and I let them all inside. I tell them that they can stay here under my field's protection for now but I won't stop them from leaving if they so choose.

I turn my attention to Jeanne specifically. Finally we get to meet in person. I kneel before her and (attempt to) kiss her on the wrist as I introduce myself regardless of her reaction.

"Saint Jeanne, I was summoned here as a fellow servant of the Lord to aid you in your mission. If you need items, shelter, or protection, you can count on me to supply it."

I rise to my feet once again.

"That said however, I hope you have some plan to end the war as you say, that isn't something stupid like simply trying to talk it out with all the combatants."

I gesture towards Saber and her master.

"These two clearly have no intention of listening to such an idea. So... If you have a greater plan, now is your chance to appeal to those who would otherwise not reason with you."

[@Caster: LOL, Helena is an analysis and research mage, she has no experience on battlefield. In some term, she's just like Waver in FZ. Can't blame her for that, right?]

[@Archer: So Archer is out right now? He was like the main boss of this war... this is a little boring...]

[@Ramesses: That's too bad, Ramesses. How long will it take you to solve your problem? If just a short time, you can tell me about your intention and goal. I'll try and play your role as much as possible until you get back.]

[@Artoria: Wait, what? Why princess carry of all thing? And people even accept this kind of processing? B... but this is embarrassing! You guys are trying to make me become the heroine of otome game again? Idiot! Idiot!]

Back