• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Salvation War

Alright so, what I wanted to talk about today is The Salvation War. It's a verse where Humanity goes to war against Hell and Heaven. Normally god and co. would be severely downplayed but according to these statements. They're Higher-Dimensional.

_

The parade was over, the Army of Abigor had departed into the lower dimension, and the guests who had watched it leave were making their way off the stand. It had been quite an unusual sight, never before had such a force been sent to a lower dimension to enforce the will of those above it.

_

The horns sounded, their wailing drowning out the crashing cadence of the trident staffs. The legions did a right-face, towards a black dot that had suddenly appeared against the roiling red smoke of the sky. The dot expanded, opening a gate into the lower dimension that had dared to defy the will of higher beings.

This was the critical stage, the energy gradient ran steeply from the lower dimensions to the higher, it was relatively easy for the higher dimension beings to gain access to the lower, much harder for the lower dimensions to ascend. Only opening a portal could ensure easy access between the dimensions.

Yet that same energy gradient meant that once a portal between the levels was opened, it would be very hard to close. Size also was a factor and this was the largest portal that had ever been created. Just how hard would it be to close again? Abigor had an uneasy feeling that nobody had thought to ask that question.

_

Well, that looks like it." Brigadier General Boothe looked at the image with horrified fascination. If the guesses were right he was looking at something humanity had discussed, described and occasionally cursed but never actually seen, the mouth of Hell itself. The black shadow had stopped spreading and seemed to be holding its breath. "Is that thing flat on the ground or perpendicular to it?"

"Can't tell." Wilkens spoke quietly, the tension in the room seeming to dull voices. "I think it's a different dimension entirely, we're not seeing it, we're seeing its shadow. I don't think it has dimensions or proportions as we understand them

_

These statements show they're Fifth-Dimensional and thus most of the verse should be High Multiversal+. This is quite impressive as not only do Humans fight and kill these beings with Modern Technology, but they also curbstomp them. Having killed 666 Demons for every Human lost during the first battle.

The only oddity is that Speedwise, they're relatively the same as IRL, Humans and vehicles have the same speed. Demons are 3x faster than a Human in travel speed, Harpies are 138 MPH. Angels can cross entire rooms in a heartbeat and have decent Subsonic feats. When normally they'd have immeasurable speed.

_

I was planning on adding it but I wanted to discuss their place as High Multi+. If this is true, they were supposed to fight against Sixth-Dimensional beings in the next book.

__

The story was originally conceived as a trilogy. The first story, Armageddon, would cover the war on Hell, the second (Pantheocide), the war against Heaven and the third (the Lords of War) the aftermath of the first two wherein humanity has to deal with all the problems emerging from the first two books against a background of an unknown but emerging threat. That threat turns out to be another ex-dimensional species (the devils referred to in the earlier books) who combine the deviousness of Michael, the sheer raw courage of the Daemons and the military prowess of the humans.

When the war erupts, it needs the Angels, Daemons and humans to combine and cooperate to fight the devils. And so, in the face of an extensive external threat, they reconcile and unify. In the end it turns out that beings from the next "level" up (the other side of the Minos Gate) had known what was coming.

So had Yahweh and Satan and it was the knowledge of the Devil's return and what it would mean that had driven them mad. So, the beings from the next level up had put the question "why" into human heads and left them to develop into the technically advanced, warlike species that would save everybody else from the devils.

_

Idk if this is valid but just thought I'd mention it.

Some descriptions of the demons and angels would be nice, because I'm getting the impression that the gates they go through changes their dimensions.

This whole series is a shit-tier atheism manifesto disguised as a story, written by an extreme military fanatic with zero skills as a writer. Every single character in the story is fodder, and even Yahweh is weaker than nuclear bombs. Satan is killed by two cruise missiles. Jesus is portrayed as a hippy stoner, and he and the entire army of Heaven is soloed by a single nuclear bomb. Also all of the demons and angels are written as incompetent idiots who have no clue of how to handle military planes and tanks.

Seeing as nukes are killing apparently higher dimensional beings, I can see.

Now that I've re read those passages without just looking for tier stuff, I see it isn't great writing either

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Monarch
Salvation War is infamous on the internet as being one of the worse things ever.
The Demons are actually written as pretty competent. They would do amazing against a bronze age army or even the First World War. But they happened to be facing a civilization with the ability to wipe thousands of cities with ease.

The explanation for this is that, Humans from 12k-1000 B.C barely changed, same for the time of Rome and whatnot. However Humanity went from barely being able to destroy a Cityblock (1900's) to being capable of annihilating a city (1945). Humans just became ridiculously strong within the past few decades and the demons missed all that.

They were expecting to have us cower to them, instead they got blown to bits.

Atheism manifesto is kinda weird since it's talked positively of religious groups like the Quakers but I digress.

Wouldn't the Nuclear Bombs scale to God if the statements are consistent on their Higher-Dimensionality?

...Nuclear bombs being tier 2? What?

I think the verse itself would be fine but it's like tier 8 or 7. It's controversial but it's not SyeTen (Don't look that up, by the way. Trust me.)

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
The quote you use to propose them being higher dimensional states that what we see is just an avatar
Except Humans later go straight into Heaven and Hell, murdering them there.

So....

YungManzi said:
"Satan is killed by two cruise missiles."
^^Regardless of what you think about the writing quality of the story....that's pretty damn funny.
Satan differs in power immensly depending on the story from "I can eat existence" to... well, that.

Monarch Laciel said:
Now that I've re read those passages without just looking for tier stuff, I see it isn't great writing either
The other story which the Salvation War author wrote is an Alternate History setting where WW2 ended by America dropping 89 nuclear bombs on Germany, literally wiping the whole country of the map and commiting genocide, and then going to conquer many other countries forming a Totalitarian Empire.

And he wants us to root for them.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Most demons are like Tier 9 with the real strongest ones being Tier 8. ******* tanks are treated as unstoppable by all but the utmost strongest, all for the sake of making "Iron Chariots" jokes.
What of their Higher-Dimensional existence? You haven't talked about that.

And Iron inverse is a weakness of Demons so...

Sandman31 said:
Even if they were said to be "Higher Dimensional", we shouldnt rate them as such if there is something that contradicts it or they dont have feats of that level, like Mister Mxyzptlk (CW)
The only thing that contradicts it is Humanity fodderizing them with anything above .50 caliber. Everything else backs them up as Higher-Dimensional, but yeah they don't have feats on that level iirc.

And the contradiction could simply mean that Human Tech scales to them.

...I thought salvation war humanity was like, Modern tech. Hell, the strongest fictional human civilization I know of is Asimov's humanity which built a Low 2-C computer.

The Everlasting said:
Human tech repeatedly affects them, it's not an "only thing".
I was saying that it's the only thing contradicting their status as Higher-Dimensional beings. But it could be said that tech simply scales to the demons.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
...I thought salvation war humanity was like, Modern tech. Hell, the strongest fictional human civilization I know of is Asimov's humanity which built a Low 2-C computer.
It's modern Technology that can apparently kill Higher-Dimensional beings.

The Salvation War follows a very simple rule "As long as you're mortal, you can be killed."

That is more proving the demons are tier 9 than humans are tier 1/2.

@Matt well, it depends on if it's reffering to a different plane of existence or one legitimately beyond/incomprehensible another.

Does this make Star Butterfly High 2-A from being from "another dimension?" or Rick Sanchez High 1-B for rick and morty using "dimension" and "universe" interchangably?

Or Lotte no omocha 1-C? Yeah... no.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Does this make Star Butterfly High 2-A from being from "another dimension?" or Rick Sanchez High 1-B for rick and morty using "dimension" and "universe" interchangably?
Or Lotte no omocha 1-C? Yeah... no.
They make it very clear that it's actual Higher Dimensional shit.

Hell even the author stated that in the statement I posted.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Like I said that just shows the story contradicting itself
HOW!? The story consistently says that! They consistently state that they're Higher-Dimensional. They're above us in their level of existence! What the **** is contradictory here?

The Author and the Story state the same thing.

Back