• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The RWBY Lifting Strength Upgrade No One Else Wanted To Make

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Kept asking people to make this but no one wanted to, soooooo

As is currently accepted, Penny has a Class G lifting strength feat from pushing Amity Arena to the edge of the atmosphere

In the same vein as the main cast downscaling from the Maidens' Low 7-B tier, they also downscale from this feat in Lifting Strength, as Penny has been physically restrained by The Ace Ops as well as Team RWBY, JNPR, and Emerald

Basically just a revision to bump Atlas Arc lifting strength to Class G downscaling from Penny's feat

Disagree. We can attribute the feat to Penny's thrusters activating to the max + Maiden powers boosting the thrusters, though this doesn't necessarily reflect on her regular strength.
Penny decided to take a breather to prepare for a burst of Maiden powers against Ace Ops, and she was trying to hold herself back and prevent the virus from controlling her against RWBY/Jaune/Emerald.

Also, we need to balance with a number of anti-feats, so giving the vast majority of recurring characters the same rating based on the most extraordinary Lifting Strength feat doesn't check.

Ruby was shocked that Penny was capable of stopping a speeding truck (Penny's artificial skin on her hands were torn off as well). Ruby knows that Penny is a student who came to fight in the tournament, so this demonstrates that Penny has much more superior Lifting Strength than regular characters:

Ruby: Penny! Please! What is going on?! Why are you running? How did you do that?!

Ruby quickly collapsed when she tried to carry Penny; Penny is properly heavier as an android but nowhere close to Class G:

Gray in the volume commentary states that Ruby ran out of steam since she is not used to carrying so much mass:
Monty: And then this, and this thing.

Kerry: Yeah he,

Gray: You guys spent forever on how to look like, make it read that she was running out of steam early 'cause she's never had experience with that...

Kerry: Yeah.

Gray: ...that much mass before.

In the Amity Tournament, Nora brags about her strength by... stating that she can bench press five times her own weight. Authors clearly don't think their characters have the Lifting Strength argued in the OP:
Nora: We've got a world-renowned fighter on our team, what's basically a ninja, I can bench five of me... Jaune... We've trained all year, our weapons are awesome, Glynda barely yells at us anymore and... Uhh... Jaune!

Sun struggles to stop a runaway cart with two clones:

Sun's clones struggle to lift a wooden balcony with Ghira, and collapse when Ghira moves away:

Yang struggles to lift her motorcycle from snow:
PSadWcD.gif

In the last Volume, Qrow fails to push Ironwood's bomb, which was previously carried by four Atlesian Knights, and he desperately resorts to Clover's charm:

Disagree. We can attribute the feat to Penny's thrusters activating to the max + Maiden powers boosting the thrusters, though this doesn't necessarily reflect on her regular strength.
Penny decided to take a breather to prepare for a burst of Maiden powers against Ace Ops, and she was trying to hold herself back and prevent the virus from controlling her against RWBY/Jaune/Emerald.

Also, we need to balance with a number of anti-feats, so giving the vast majority of recurring characters the same rating based on the most extraordinary Lifting Strength feat doesn't check.

Ruby was shocked that Penny was capable of stopping a speeding truck (Penny's artificial skin on her hands were torn off as well). Ruby knows that Penny is a student who came to fight in the tournament, so this demonstrates that Penny has much more superior Lifting Strength than regular characters:

Ruby: Penny! Please! What is going on?! Why are you running? How did you do that?!

Ruby quickly collapsed when she tried to carry Penny; Penny is properly heavier as an android but nowhere close to Class G:

Gray in the volume commentary states that Ruby ran out of steam since she is not used to carrying so much mass:

Gray: You guys spent forever on how to look like, make it read that she was running out of steam early 'cause she's never had experience with that...

In the Amity Tournament, Nora brags about her strength by... stating that she can bench press five times her own weight. Authors clearly don't think their characters have the Lifting Strength argued in the OP:
Nora: We've got a world-renowned fighter on our team, what's basically a ninja, I can bench five of me... Jaune... We've trained all year, our weapons are awesome, Glynda barely yells at us anymore and... Uhh... Jaune!

Sun's clones struggle to lift a wooden balcony with Ghira, and collapse when Ghira moves away:

PSadWcD.gif

In the last Volume, Qrow fails to push Ironwood's bomb, which was previously carried by four Atlesian Knights, and he desperately resorts to Clover's charm:

Will respons to this later but a lot of those arguments have been brought up and rejected already just from the sheer number of Class K feats that exist in the beacon arc alone

Also, as for your issue about the thrusters, team rwby and co. restrained her as she was trying to use those same thrusters to fly away

Rejected by you perhaps in unconcluded threads or threads that decided that Lifting Strength are out of their purview. You previously claimed the existence of a large number of Class K feats (almost 20 to be specific, which is more than a handful) and I asked you to list them but you didn't follow up. This would be a good place to do so.

A number of feats can be questioned, and the density of Grimm has been as well since they are made from magic tar that quickly evaporates upon their death. But even if we conclude Class K to be consistent, this is a far cry from Class G.

Being interrupted during casual flight, and then struggling to restrain herself doesn't indicate she used nearly as much effort as she did lifting Amity Arena. Reasonable interpretation of the show indicates that if Qrow or someone weaker tried to support something quarter the size of Amity Arena, they'd be crushed.

Penny: Kill me.

Penny: Kill me. And I can make sure the power goes to you.

Penny: Please... Please! (eyes twitch red) I cannot fight it!

Nora: Yes you can! It’s just a part of you, remember? If you were only a machine, you never could have fought back for this long.

I will say though it is really strange that this is still a point of contention despite there having already been multiple crts about the verse's lifting strength, hence why they are currently class k and class m. Why it needs to be once again proven that they are on that level when it doent pertain to the crt at hand doesnt make much sense.

Why it needs to be once again proven that they are on that level when it doent pertain to the crt at hand doesnt make much sense.
Well, you did say you'd offer to do so
Sure thing, gimme a few hours and I'll get everything posted when I get home
As for the thread Shadow is saying that he disagrees with the rating. Those old CRTs could be wrong about stuff. Just because it's one thing now, doesn't mean it's the way it should be.

As for the thread Shadow is saying that he disagrees with the rating. Those old CRTs could be wrong about stuff. Just because it's one thing now, doesn't mean it's the way it should be.
The thing is nothing has changed and they have only gotten more feats on that level since those crts, hell even Ruby spinning her scythe around was calced at class 50

Class 50 is a far cry from both Class K and Class G.
And yet it's still well above the stuff Shadow is using as his argument against the upgrade

Basically there are 4-5 class K feats in the beacon arc alone, multiple Class M feats in the following two arcs, and then the class G feats from the atlas arc

So can you post the feats?
Of note there are also numerous other feats throughout the series that have yet to be calced but are likely in the same range, such as Weiss blocking the Arma Gigas' sword, Nora batting Yang into the stratosphere, Pyrrha lifting the ruins of Beacon Tower (Previously calced at Class K but needs a recalc), Velvet ripping a 200 foot long worm grimm in half with her bare hands, Elm stopping a mammoth grimm that was charging with enough force to create a massive shockwave and then throwing said grimm hundreds of feet into the air, and Vine lifting an Atlas transport airship. Honestly the truck stopping feat might even yield some decent force given the damage that was done to the surrounding area as a result...

Yeah I'm pretty sure we have enough class K and class M feats to keep their current rating and because they downscale from maidens, this means they Down scale form maiden pennys lifting strength

Yeah I'm pretty sure we have enough class K and class M feats to keep their current rating and because they downscale from maidens, this means they Down scale form maiden pennys lifting strength
Clearly some characters are more physically stronger in lifting strength (duh), but they should still be class G via downscaling

PSadWcD.gif

This is like in mha where characters are shocked by others destroying concrete and moving faster then sound lol

Writers have no idea how strong or fast their characters are via calcs lol

Team RWBY and co. restrained her as she was using her thrusters to try to fly away, and even moreso proving this is the fact that she was in a state of semi-mind control from a virus controlling her actions, to the point of forcing her to use the maiden powers against her friends, and yet they were still able to restrain her while working together.
And...? She was still attempting to fly away and RWBY and co. stopped her

My guy, this scene happened after Ruby watched Penny pull a freaking airship out of the sky

Incorrect. She was exhausted because she had yet to fully master that application of her semblance at that point in the series. Also Gray had no part in the writing or directing of Volume 2 (The volume where this happened) so his claim means basically nothing here.
Cool? Authors not knowing how strong their characters are is absurdly common, its why we take demonstrated feats over authorial intent. Hell, Ruby's VA believes that Ruby has no superhuman strength.

PSadWcD.gif

All brought up already, all dismissed as low-end outliers that are invalidated by the numerous higher feats the characters consistently display throughout the franchise. This would be like downgrading Kratos' strength for putting effort into opening wooden chests and struggling to push large wooden doors in 2018 GoW.

You forgot to mention that the ship was ascending at an incline and that Qrow's entire character is that he has passive bad luck that constantly ***** him over.

Rejected by you perhaps in unconcluded threads or threads that decided that Lifting Strength are out of their purview. You previously claimed the existence of a large number of Class K feats (almost 20 to be specific, which is more than a handful) and I asked you to list them but you didn't follow up. This would be a good place to do so.
I never said anything about 20 class K feats but there are a large amount of them yes, i have posted them above. I dont appreciate the attitude or the accusations youre making about me and will kindly ask that you stop with the hostility.
A number of feats can be questioned, and the density of Grimm has been as well since they are made from magic tar that quickly evaporates upon their death. But even if we conclude Class K to be consistent, this is a far cry from Class G.
Yes, we use water as a lowball as Grimm were confirmed to have flesh, bones, and organs, using tar as a density would yield higher results not lower. And its not just Class K, there are quite a few Class M feats as well.
Being interrupted during casual flight, and then struggling to restrain herself doesn't indicate she used nearly as much effort as she did lifting Amity Arena. Reasonable interpretation of the show indicates that if Qrow or someone weaker tried to support something quarter the size of Amity Arena, they'd be crushed.
Reasonable interpretation of something that never happened? Youre making a huge assumption and even huger claim based on something you have no evidence of.

Penny: Kill me.

Penny: Kill me. And I can make sure the power goes to you.

Penny: Please... Please! (eyes twitch red) I cannot fight it!

Nora: Yes you can! It’s just a part of you, remember? If you were only a machine, you never could have fought back for this long.
Not sure why you posted this tbh, this is Ruby talking about Penny's mental fortitude and the fact that her soul/aura is helping stave off the virus trying to destroy her body.

Honestly i can take a crack at that truck stopping feat if its that big of an issue, i can almost guarantee that its consistent with the other feats

Ren's Lifting Strength - Class K (185050.71 kg)
Ren uses an Aura barrier technique not many characters demonstrated the capability to use, and this doesn't necessarily reflect on physical strength. Maybe can work for a separate rating for Ren's Lifting Strength.
Also, not evaluated so it shouldn't be in the verse page yet.

Penny's Lifting Strength - Class K (282405.14 kg)
Also Penny's Lifting Strength - Class K (652470 kg)
Volume 8 Penny's Lifting Strength - Class G (45053554257.52 kg)
Penny's strength is not in contention; it is whether others are comparable it.

Ruby's Lifting Strength - Class K (582638.745 kg)
Assisted with Weiss' gylphs + weapon recoil, and possibly Semblance. Not necessarily reflective on the rest of the cast.

Non-canon.

Glynda's Lifting Strength - Class M (1101788.07 kg)
This is feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel. A telekinesis Semblance is not physical strength.

Yang with her Semblance can absorb and reflect the strength of the Paladin's punches, though this doesn't tell us about regular Yang or comparable characters.

Are we supposed to conclude that Blake weighs +500000000 kg? Her weight is literally the only source of force. A more straight-forward conclusion is that Sun was standing on a fragile spot.

Weiss blocking the Arma Gigas' sword, Nora batting Yang into the stratosphere, Pyrrha lifting the ruins of Beacon Tower (Previously calced at Class K but needs a recalc), Velvet ripping a 200 foot long worm grimm in half with her bare hands, Elm stopping a mammoth grimm that was charging with enough force to create a massive shockwave and then throwing said grimm hundreds of feet into the air, and Vine lifting an Atlas transport airship. Honestly the truck stopping feat might even yield some decent force given the damage that was done to the surrounding area as a result...
Brief contact is no longer considered Lifting Strength, so blocking the Arma Gigas' sword and Yang flying to the atmosphere wouldn't qualify. Pyrrha was using here magnetic Semblance; same situation with Glynda. Velvet was hacking and slashing with a hard-light claw weapons; not using her bare hands. Elm threw the Megoliath closer to 20-30 m; I am not optimistic about the feat getting that height but still worth a shot. Robyn was driving the airship; we have no idea how much Vine contributed to steering it, and if we don't consider him containing the bomb with his Semblance as applicable to the cast's regular strength then this shouldn't either.

Team RWBY and co. restrained her as she was using her thrusters to try to fly away, and even moreso proving this is the fact that she was in a state of semi-mind control from a virus controlling her actions, to the point of forcing her to use the maiden powers against her friends, and yet they were still able to restrain her while working together.

And...? She was still attempting to fly away and RWBY and co. stopped her
If she was using her thrusters like this:
VxAHhNd.png

perhaps you'd have a more persuasive argument.

My guy, this scene happened after Ruby watched Penny pull a freaking airship out of the sky
And her threshold for what is mind-blowing despite attending hunting academies is as low as a truck.

Incorrect. She was exhausted because she had yet to fully master that application of her semblance at that point in the series. Also Gray had no part in the writing or directing of Volume 2 (The volume where this happened) so his claim means basically nothing here.
Nope, she was clearly struggling with the heft of carrying Penny; she was not using any application of her Semblance besides speed. The only difference between all the other speed dashes she did is that she needs to carry more weight.

The statement is validated by Kerry, and Gray was stating he saw the writers/animators struggling with this particular scene and why they were having trouble with it, not that he was a writer or director of the show. If you want to accuse him of lying about what he observed his co-workers do, then that is another matter.

Cool? Authors not knowing how strong their characters are is absurdly common, its why we take demonstrated feats over authorial intent. Hell, Ruby's VA believes that Ruby has no superhuman strength.
Apparently, the characters don't know how strong they are either. We are talking anti-feats, not authoral intent.

All brought up already, all dismissed as low-end outliers that are invalidated by the numerous higher feats the characters consistently display throughout the franchise. This would be like downgrading Kratos' strength for putting effort into opening wooden chests and struggling to push large wooden doors in 2018 GoW.
The alleged numerousness and applicability of higher-end feats is in question, and they still don't justify generalizing the highest Lifting Strength feat in the series to all characters. At least Kratos has an excuse with him holding back and his strength being tied to his anger (he even doesn't want to fight back against regular wolves attacking him), but not so much with RWBY characters.

You forgot to mention that the ship was ascending at an incline and that Qrow's entire character is that he has passive bad luck that constantly ***** him over.
Sure, that incline is enough to offset a Class G or Class K Lifting Strength.

I never said anything about 20 class K feats but there are a large amount of them yes, i have posted them above. I dont appreciate the attitude or the accusations youre making about me and will kindly ask that you stop with the hostility.
It seems you forgot which is fine, but what is provided so far is very lacking from my perspective.
liftig strngth has alrady ben discussed and dtermined to be lgitimate, theres almost 20lifting stngth feats on the level of those listed on the profiles

Yes, we use water as a lowball as Grimm were confirmed to have flesh, bones, and organs, using tar as a density would yield higher results not lower. And its not just Class K, there are quite a few Class M feats as well.
Generalizing the Class M ones is a very hard sell; responded to them above.

Reasonable interpretation of something that never happened? Youre making a huge assumption and even huger claim based on something you have no evidence of.
I guess Qrow can lift 1/4th of Amity Arena all by himself then despite a carriable bomb pushing him away because it tilted a bit.

Assisted with Weiss' gylphs + weapon recoil, and possibly Semblance. Not necessarily reflective on the rest of the cast.
Factually incorrect. Weiss' glyphs didnt increase her strength whatsoever, all it did was stick her to a vertical surface. This has been discussed to death and the fact that people are still trying to bring it up like it hasnt is frankly mind boggling.
Non-canon.
? No, this is 100% canon, it even has its own spot in the timeline as well as the upcoming sequel film thats coming out soon.
Yang with her Semblance can absorb and reflect the strength of the Paladin's punches, though this doesn't tell us about regular Yang or comparable characters.
It does when people post-timeskip scale to it, specifically stuff like the Arma Gigas stopping the same punch in volume 3 and then people after the timeskip matching the Gigas.
Are we supposed to conclude that Blake weighs +500000000 kg? Her weight is literally the only source of force. A more straight-forward conclusion is that Sun was standing on a fragile spot.
That she is hitting the ground with that much force yes. Claiming that the solid stone he was standing on was just randomly fragile is a massive and frankly wholly unfounded assumption.
Brief contact is no longer considered Lifting Strength, so blocking the Arma Gigas' sword and Yang flying to the atmosphere wouldn't qualify.
Neither of those were brief contact though.
Velvet was hacking and slashing with a hard-light claw weapons; not using her bare hands.
Read what you just said my guy. These are the claw weapons she was using.
Robyn was driving the airship; we have no idea how much Vine contributed to steering it, and if we don't consider him containing the bomb with his Semblance as applicable to the cast's regular strength then this shouldn't either.
Im referring to him catching the ship that was falling out of the hangar near th end of volume 8, not him manipulating the already flying ship. And we do consider the bomb feat as applicable yes, it scales to the durability of the rest of the cast's Aura as Vine's semblance doesnt make his aura any more durable, it just lets him shape it.
If she was using her thrusters like this:
VxAHhNd.png

perhaps you'd have a more persuasive argument.
Problem is she wasnt using her thrusters like that for the majority of the time she was pushing the stadium.
Nope, she was clearly struggling with the heft of carrying Penny; she was not using any application of her Semblance besides speed. The only difference between all the other speed dashes she did is that she needs to carry more weight.

The statement is validated by Kerry, and Gray was stating he saw the writers/animators struggling with this particular scene and why they were having trouble with it, not that he was a writer or director of the show. If you want to accuse him of lying about what he observed his co-workers do, then that is another matter.
No? She used the full on molecular breakdown aspect of her semblance in that scene, something she had yet to master or even understand how to do yet.
Apparently, the characters don't know how strong they are either. We are talking anti-feats, not authoral intent.

The alleged numerousness and applicability of higher-end feats is in question, and they still don't justify generalizing the highest Lifting Strength feat in the series to all characters. At least Kratos has an excuse with him holding back and his strength being tied to his anger (he even doesn't want to fight back against regular wolves attacking him), but not so much with RWBY characters.
Correct, you seem to forget this is the same verse where Ruby didnt even know how her own semblance worked until volume 8 (Also a counter to your own argument of her struggling to carry penny, when in volume 8 she as able to carry penny, the rest of her team, and nora all while using her semblance ith zero issue). The vast number of feats on this level outweighs the few instances where the writers forgot how strong they made their characters.
Sure, that incline is enough to offset a Class G or Class K Lifting Strength.

I guess Qrow can lift 1/4th of Amity Arena all by himself then despite a carriable bomb pushing him away because it tilted a bit.
Yes, a lack of leverage and friction from the bomb sliding down an angled plane coupled with Qrow's own bad luck semblance ****** him over.

Last edited:
Back