• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Royal Protector Vs The Numbered Dragon (Dishonored Vs Katana ZERO: 2-1-0); 7th Place 9-A Non-Smurf

Arcker123

He/Him
3D Assassin Vs Sprite Assassin
corvo attano (dishonored) drawn by 9gui2 | Danbooru
fifteen (katana zero) drawn by 55_yamisan | Danbooru

Last edited:
So, if this is a Non-Smurf thread, I may change the character to Zero since he has a counter to the sleep darts, that it, his Instinctive Reaction. But ima still try to argue for Fifteen since he is technically stronger due to his Dragon Dash

Also, where is the place here? Because Im here imagining a city
Nope. Corvo can just smack the dart to make it move normally even in stop time or simply accelerate time ever so slightly to make it hit it's target. Fifteen is not going to be able to dodge. Corvo can utilize his ranged options in stop time.
I dont think that Corvo can accelerate time without limitation. As far can remember, he does have a limit range in-game. He is not gonna accelerate something from kilomaters away (Bend Time does have a universal range so via SBA the distance will be 4km away from each other). You need to get close to the object to accelerate it propely. So I doubt very much that Corvo will be capable to hit Fifteen before the time stop end. And thus allowing him to deflect the arrow and get away.
He can carry 10 of them, so that's 10 uses at max. Dunno where you got three.
My mistake. The last time that I played the game was years ago
There's nothing Fifteen will be able to do to dodge because he will be stopped in time.
Just to note, the battle will never start until Fifteen find a good outcome. Thats why I said theres no way to counter Fifteen's precog
Even If i conceded this, The Dash's range is too short for this too actually matter. Why would he be able to get anywhere close to Corvo, who will be hundreds of meters away, if it can only travel at best several of meters.
Is not as Corvo is some kind of sniper, he even lack great feats of long distance shoots. He is mainly a hand to hand guy. Corvo is gonna try to get close as well to try to kill Fifteen with stealth. And due to Fifteen precog, he could identify the best place to fight Corvo, when and where he is gonna time stop, at what angle he is gonna kill him, where he is hiding, when he is gonna fail to do something, and so on, all before the fight even start. Beside, Fifteen think way faster than Corvo, some seconds are as days for him. Each time that Corvo plans something, Fifteen would already know how to counter due to the countless times that he had experienced such event and thought how to bypass it
How often can he use it? And wouldn't he have to draw his sword to use it as well.
Fifteen can use at will and start with it as you can see in the profile itself, but each time that he uses it, he need to wait some moments to use again, but thats it. Also, despiste the draw of the sword, the Dragon Dash is actived faster than even his perception speed. So for exemple, while Corvo is moving his hand to time stop, something that Fifteen is gonna see in slow motion, he could easily slash him with the Dragon Dash
Also, Corvo's timestop is similarly quick, I can't link them because i'm on mobile, but look at the comics, using his spells barely requires any hand movement if any at all.
And I noticed that Corvo doesnt use his time stop always, he seems to like to use his Blink a lot and try to use hand to hand combat, even in dangerous situations, so my confidence for Fifteen has increased. Corvo even seems to get defeated by characters that create some strategy to counter his powers and skill
Well Corvo in character would pull out a sleep dart because it's one of his go to Low Chaos options (Which is his IC mindset) and due to the fact he's far removed from CQC and thus would have to use his superior range.
Well, when he start with time stop is for killing, as seen in Dishonored 2, so idk about it
Even if he has to find out through trial and error, it's not like he hasn't fought ressurrection before (Delilah, Granny Rags, The Brigmore Dogs). It wouldn't take him off guard and he would just opt for incap if he knows killing is impossible.
Fifteen's ressurrection is via time travel. Corvo is not gonna remember anything

I dont think that Corvo can accelerate time without limitation. As far can remember, he does have a limit range in-game. He is not gonna accelerate something from kilomaters away (Bend Time does have a universal range so via SBA the distance will be 4km away from each other)
We don't consider time manip abilities in that since they aren't necessarily listed in the range I don't think this applies. Also, why would specifically the time fowarding aspect have a limited range but the time stop doesn't? They're the same power.
This video does not prove that. He just gets close to it and simply does it then, that does not prove this claim. It also makes no sense to simultaneously claim Bend Time has universal range and that it only works within several meters. Straight forward contradiction.

Also the time acceleration of bend time isn't the same as just smacking an object to make it hit it's target as Corvo could do the latter in the first game without the time accelerating upgrade. Corvo can utilize his ranged attacks in stopped time by simply smacking them mid air to continue their trajectory along with simply accelerating time to make them move.
So I doubt very much that Corvo will be capable to hit Fifteen before the time stop end. And thus allowing him to deflect the arrow and get away.
He can just hit his ranged attacks to hit whilst in time stop. Fifteen has no ability to dodge that.

Corvo is going to be able to hit Fifteen in stopped time with ranged attacks via simply smacking them or accelerating time, and Fifteen will not be able to dodge since he's stopped in time.
My mistake. The last time that I played the game was years ago
It's Ok.
Just to note, the battle will never start until Fifteen find a good outcome. Thats why I said theres no way to counter Fifteen's precog
How is this not considered prep? It seems like any ability that functions before the fight even begins would be considered a form of prep no? Even so, it doesn't matter if he knows Corvo's game plan, the fact is that he will not be able see what Corvo does in stopped time because it happens in zero time and precog needs feats of seeing that, and his kit has nothing that would allow him to prevent Corvo from activating bend time with a slight move of his hand if any, and you have not shown how he would actually counter it with foreknolwedge. It's up to you to explain how Fifteen counters Corvo's powers, not the other way.
Is not as Corvo is some kind of sniper, he even lack great feats of long distance shoots.
He has all the time to aim in stopped time. Also this is false:
Marksmanship and Weapon Mastery (Corvo is highly skilled with a variety of swords, pistols, grenades, crossbows, and other complex forms of weaponry such as mines. As a marksman, he can make extremely long distance shots with just a pistol[3])
His weapons have the range to hit him, and Corvo with the aid of stopped time will simply neg in range. Corvo will use his ranged options when fighting from a range, that's pretty obvious.
He is mainly a hand to hand guy. Corvo is gonna try to get close as well to try to kill Fifteen with stealth.
No? He's at a range, he can try to use stealth but he's been shown using stopped time in a fight as a starter and he's smart enough to abuse his ranged options like sleep darts when he's already at a range. He won't discount his range to get into cqc when he's starting at a range and you'd need to justify that. He also won't be able to accurately see Corvo's blinks either due to their time stopping effects as well. Corvo isn't an idiot, he'll use range when he needs to, such as when he is at a range like in this fight.
And due to Fifteen precog, he could identify the best place to fight Corvo, when and where he is gonna time stop, at what angle he is gonna kill him, where he is hiding, when he is gonna fail to do something, and so on, all before the fight even start.
He won't be able to actually see Corvo's stopped time actions because it's happening in zero time and thus there is nothing to see. The most he'd be able to do is see when he enters the ability and when he leaves. Why would he know he's stopping time when in his vision he'd see corvo simply teleporting around.
Beside, Fifteen think way faster than Corvo, some seconds are as days for him.
🗿.This does not matter much because he won't actually be able to do anything due to the range gap and Corvo can also amp his perceptions with the reflex ability, obviously not to the same degree but it mitigates the advantage.
Each time that Corvo plans something, Fifteen would already know how to counter due to the countless times that he had experienced such event and thought how to bypass it
Fifteen has literally nothing in his kit that would allow him to counter stopped time as he literally wouldn't be able to see what Corvo does within stopped time. Precognitive powers are at an inherent disadvantage when it comes to timestop because when you're seeing the future, how could you see events tat are happening in literally zero time and because he is at a heavy range disadvantage.
Fifteen can use at will and start with it as you can see in the profile itself, but each time that he uses it, he need to wait some moments to use again, but thats it. Also, despiste the draw of the sword, the Dragon Dash is actived faster than even his perception speed. So for exemple, while Corvo is moving his hand to time stop, something that Fifteen is gonna see in slow motion, he could easily slash him with the Dragon Dash
If he can't spam the ability he's ****** as he has no way to close the gap before Corvo slightly moves his hand and incaps him. The dragon slash is irrelevant as it literally does not have the range to touch Corvo and as soon as Corvo sees his opponent he's going to time stop and he's won from there.

15 just factually doesn't have the range to actually capitalize on his perception speed advantage or even slash Corvo. Even Corvo is tagged by the slash, he'll just get blitzed, and the blade doesn't have any reason to one shot him (I'm pretty sure the "Far Higher" in the profile just means far higher than whatever value he's scaling to, and the value he scales to is less than 2x Corvo's durability), and Corvo could easily escape using his Time stopping blink or General timestop which 15 can't counter because he can't spam the ability and can't do anything about time stop. Best case scenario, the fight goes like this:

Corvo and 15 get within hundreds of meters of each other -> 15 sees him and tries to blitz with Dragon Slash -> Because the attack only clears several meters, he will still be nowhere near Corvo to actually harm him in anyway -> Dragon Dash is on cooldown with Corvo taking no damage and still being able to use his ranged weapons -> Corvo timestops upon seeing his opponent essentially teleport a couple meters-> Corvo shoots a sleep dart in stopped time and smacks it towards him whilst in stopped time -> 15 is unable to dodge or even perceive it beforehand and gets hit -> Corvo wins via incap.

This is absolute best case scenario for 15 and assumes he'd be able to get off Dragon Slash before Corvo time stops, which is kinda baseless, as Corvo can also amp his perceptions and has to take less action to initiate his ability than 15 does.
And I noticed that Corvo doesnt use his time stop always, he seems to like to use his Blink a lot and try to use hand to hand combat,
His Blink also activates Time Stop when aiming, this isn't the advantage you think it is. Also he only uses CQC when he's already in CQC, he does utilize his ranged options when convenient, such as when facing a character who has exactly 0 ways to hurt him from range like in this fight. You have no justification for your claim he wouldn't use his range here.

Also what's the evidence for this claim? Look at Corvo here when willing to kill, he instantly Bends time when he sees the threat. Even in the comics, when faced with a serious threat his first instinct is to bend time, only not doing so because there are witnesses. His starting moves, Bend Time and Blink both have Time Stopping effects.
Corvo even seems to get defeated by characters that create some strategy to counter his powers and skill
Corvo has only lost to people who specifically prepared magical attacks to power null his powers (15 cannot do that). He has never been defeated by sheer skill or strategy as he is lore wise supposed to be the most skilled fighter in verse. 15 is straightforwardly incapable of doing anything like this because he cannot reach Corvo with any attack before the latter stops time and ***** him.
Well, when he start with time stop is for killing, as seen in Dishonored 2, so idk about it
He didn't even have his Bow in that scene.

Edit: But yes, this is proof Bend Time is a starter.
Fifteen's ressurrection is via time travel. Corvo is not gonna remember anything
Fair point, but Corvo is going to use sleep darts IC due to the range they'll be starting at and the Low Chaos persona. He isn't just going to forego shooting his opponents at range and that's why he'll win here.

Sorry for the paragraph, but here I will detail why Corvo wins in my ever so humble opinion.

15's precog is extraordinarily deadly to most opponents, but I don't think it will be effective enough to win here for two reasons. Firstly, Corvo's timestop actions would debatably be imperceivable to him, as his actions are happening in 0 time. It doesn't matter how many futures he can see, how far into time he can see if Corvo is acting in 0 time. Secondly, it doesn't matter if 15 tries to use his precog to plan out an attack against Corvo, because straight fowardly he has nothing to actually attack Corvo with from ranges that Corvo can hit him from, and thus has nothing to prevent timestop ******* him up. You can see these attacks sure and try to plan for them sure, but no explanation has been presented on how he would actually stop Corvo from using his ability.

CQC is not as dangerous for Corvo as it seems to be implied to be here. I can agree that precog and AP and speed amps will allow 15 to have a pretty clear edge, but Corvo's time stopping Blinks will simply allow him to create distance and outdistance even the dragon dash in a single blink. 15 cannot counter that due to the time stop, again it doesn't matter if he sees it in the future if he has nothing in his kit to prevent it. 15 has no oneshot techniques here and only has temporary speed amps and a less than 2x AP amp. Corvo will be able to escape if he's being overwhelmed and just use range.

Ressurection is a pretty big problem for Corvo, but Corvo in character would use incap options, due to not relying on killing, such as sleep darts, which combined with time stop, would outrange 15 entirely and would leave no ability for him to dodge, meaning Corvo wins by incap. Corvo can also use stun mines to incap as well. Whilst precog would make using them as mines moot, Corvo can simply time stop and put one on his back, incapping him.

Here is how I argue the fight would go, being most charitable to 15:

Corvo and 15 get within hundreds of meters of each other -> 15 sees him and tries to blitz with Dragon Slash -> Because the attack only clears several meters, he will still be nowhere near Corvo to actually harm him in anyway -> Dragon Dash is on cooldown with Corvo taking no damage and still being able to use his ranged weapons -> Corvo timestops upon seeing his opponent essentially teleport a couple meters-> Corvo shoots a sleep dart in stopped time and smacks it towards him whilst in stopped time -> 15 is unable to dodge or even perceive it beforehand and gets hit -> Corvo wins via incap.

Corvo wins more often than not, i'm just not convinced the precog and speed amps can stop the time stop and incap combo due to the range gap.

Rant Over, this is a pretty big post ngl. Not gonna bother spoilering it :p.

Last edited:
So, if this is a Non-Smurf thread, I may change the character to Zero since he has a counter to the sleep darts, that it, his Instinctive Reaction. But ima still try to argue for Fifteen since he is technically stronger due to his Dragon Dash
This guy would probably beat Corvo or any Dishonored 9-A (Except Delilah) since he can't be killed and they lack any method to incap him since if he can function whilst unconsious, then the Dishonored gang loses since they'd have no way to win since they're incap methods are all just variations of sleep manipulation.

I'll still maintain that Corvo beats 15, and even if this match isn't for the thread, it can just be a fun match for profiles, especially since neither of these characters will get many matchups to add, and the debate seems to be interesting enough for that.
Also, where is the place here? Because Im here imagining a city
undefined
Apologies for missing this and thus prompting a double post.

Central Park in new york city is the SBA assumption so that's where they fight. Here is what it looks like.

Well, “4D Assassin” isn’t as funny because it doesn’t have anything to do with his game model 🗿

Back