• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Just wondering if it's ever considered for Captain Britain (main one, Brian Braddock) to get a profile since he has a lot of stuff but I was surprised to find out he's not indexed. One of his main villains (Mad Jim Jaspers) is but not him. In general though where abouts would he scale?

Just wondering if it's ever considered for Captain Britain (main one, Brian Braddock) to get a profile since he has a lot of stuff but I was surprised to find out he's not indexed. One of his main villains (Mad Jim Jaspers) is but not him. In general though where abouts would he scale?
I think that seems like a good idea. His wife, Meggan, is not indexed either. 🙏

Wasn't Taskmaster created to be a Cap villain or something?
He was introduced as just a general villain to the Avengers iirc. Idk if he was ever meant to belong to anyone's rogue gallery in particular. He's probably fought Captain America more often than the others though, a fact he even highlights in some issues:

"Hell, I've made a career out of taking a poke at Captain America"

Semi-related, but I also feel that Tasky should logically be relative to the likes of Crossbones, as Taskmaster is the one who trained him. Just more justification IMO.

Taskmaster also taught Jessica Drew Spider woman, teaching someone doesn't quite count as a feat
Taskmaster trained Jessica when she was younger, far less experienced, and hadn't mastered her powers, so I don't think it's particularly inconsistent. She was weak enough at that point that Taskmaster could crumple her in a single blow.

I think there's a difference between that, and Taskmaster bringing Brock from a lowlife to someone who can legitimately contend with Captain America.

Do you know how strong he could be? I've seen some of his feats and they're mixed
Similar to Meggan: Has some consistent feats (Captain America/Spider-Man tier) but others are extremely ridiculous (tanking blows and keeping up with Cosmic Entities)
Meggan's absorption powers only had an upper limit when facing the Chaos Wave, but she absorbed the powers of the Realm of The Beyonders without issue.

Speaking of, the Chaos Wave depicted as of Captain Britain's interpretation that Wanda created is why I believe the Chaos Wave / House of M Wanda should be way stronger than how they are currently tiered. They made it absurdly obvious that it was High 1-A in that depiction, especially with completely overpowering an Meggan that had absorbed the power of the Beyonders to try and face it.

Well, Captain Britain is officially supposed to be roughly evenly matched with Wonder Man and The Thing, both according to the Marvel handbooks and having directly fought Wonder Man in the past.

And I think that Meggan managed to save the Marvel multiverse from the Chaos Wave, and she also successfully copied the powers of the Silver Surfer. Didn't she also beat Blackheart in personal combat?

Being inexperienced doesn't make her physically weaker
Having no physical training due to having never fought before would make her physically weaker than she is now, I imagine. But like, it doesn't really matter regardless. Either we assume that She was weaker before she was trained in combat, or that its simply inconsistent that Taskmaster could physically contend with her.

Having no physical training due to having never fought before would make her physically weaker than she is now, I imagine. But like, it doesn't really matter regardless. Either we assume that She was weaker before she was trained in combat, or that its simply inconsistent that Taskmaster could physically contend with her.
Outskilling someone is very common in comics, it makes it seem like they can even be relative to some extent but ultimately outskilling is not the same as overpowering.

Outskilling someone is very common in comics, it makes it seem like they can even be relative to some extent but ultimately outskilling is not the same as overpowering.
I know he outskilled her in that instance, yeah. But that doesn't make it any less of an inconsistency for him to knock her down so easily. Taskmaster can't usually drop Spider-Man tier characters without preparation or his weaponry.

They're too durable for that, typically.

The next project I had was to maybe give the main Cosmology, a 0 rating, however, I'm unsure. While the Marvel Godhead is ambiguous, a certain story such as Strange: Fall of Sunrise gives a surprising interpretation of Bythos which may be the new highest in the Cosmology that's actually defined.

Please enlighten me. I'm most curious.
Sadly, it's not going to be 0 due to some inconsistent factors.

So the character Bythos is obviously based on the Gnostics' view of the Supreme, of the same name. As it is the source of divinity and the fullness of the Godhead is called Pleroma(Pleoma in the story).

However, there's a caveat. Tradd Moore may have gotten inspiration from Gnocistim, but obviously, he left a lot that's different from it. In the story, Bythos and Sophia are the progenitors and originators of “All That Is.” Together the two also conceived twelve children called the Aeon, which isn't what Gnostics adhere to since the origin story of Aeon was that their divinity was born from the source of the Divinity(Pleroma of the Bythos) and Sophia is the lowest Aeon but the story depicts the two as some sort of mutual being.

Plus, the story clearly states the dualistic personification of all there is are those two. With Bythos ruling over and representing the Realm of Ideas and Sophia, the Realm of Shapes. So with that in mind, the Realm of Ideas is where everything including Abtracts(I believe) has their true abstraction. Hence why I believe Bythos and by extension, Sophia scale above all the Abstracts. I think they have the potential to be near the One Above All in power. So in the nonchanged current hierarchy, they'd be maybe near Phoneix or the Never Queen in power and hierarchy.

Thor's ridiculous energy absorption seems to be an oddly consistent thing in modern comics. Sure he could absorb it before, but he consistently powers himself up from it fhese days.

That is a very big forcefield what the ****

image.png

Back