• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

the-beyonder-returns-in-avengers-beyond-in-march.jpeg

I think that she did so during Christ Claremont's pretty awful Contest of Champions series and during Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers run.

Here’s the correct thread, your on the marvel thread.

Here’s the correct thread, your on the marvel thread.
Yeah I saw that lmao, Already deleted but thanks anyway

Is the jason aaron doctor strange run any good? I liked his Thor run

Well, if you like Thor, I would strongly recommend reading the Walter Simonson, Dan Jurgens, and J.M. Straczynski runs, which I think are much superior to that of Jason Aaron.
Mark Waid did a decent Doctor Strange run rather recently as well, and I really liked Al Ewing's very recent Defenders runs.
Oh nice I'll definitely check them out

No problem. Dan Slott's She-Hulk, Frank Miller's Daredevil, and John Byrne's Fantastic Four runs are also good runs.

Kurt Busiek has also released an excellent independent superhero comic book called Astro City for a few decades.

Can somebody copy-paste the relevant text segments please? I have blocked my access to that web site.

Also, it is not good if Donny Cates has been fired or decided to cancel his Thor run before it has a chance to properly finish his story.

Can somebody copy-paste the relevant text segments please? I have blocked my access to that web site.

Also, it is not good if Donny Cates has been fired or decided to cancel his Thor run before it has a chance to properly finish his story.
Donny Cates has withdrawn from his major Marvel Comics projects of late, with Al Ewing and then Torunn Grønbekk stepping up to write Thor and Ryan Ottley taking over the writing of Hulk as well as drawing the book. But Ryan has also talked about how he doesn't want to work on long runs any more. He previously stated, "After HULK I'll be going back to creator owned at Image comics for a while. Maybe Marvel again someday. But next up for me is an Independent book where I share ownership with a writer, 50% pay, and a project I'm absolutely excited to do. It's a win/win/win! I can't pass it up!" But don't expect too long a run, whatever it is. "Yeah, to be honest, I doubt I'll ever draw a run longer than 20 issues anymore. I did an extremely long run on INVINCIBLE, that's something very rare these days. I did my time! So now I want to do more shorter type runs like 20 issues on ASM, 13 issues on Hulk. Etc."

This is really it for relevant text they unfortunately don't go too deeply into it

Okay. I wonder about the situation with Donny Cates. I hope that he hasn't been fired, and is not seriously ill, or was forced to quit due to comic book writing not bringing in enough money.
Here is the only useful information that I found. I do not know if it is true, but if it is, I hope that Cates recovers completely from the horrible ordeal in his personal life right now, and wish him the best.

Back