• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

THOR2020030_Preview-5.jpeg

Bor vs Thanos

If they are dumb (Absorbing Man), or very overconfident (Dormammu) that means that they can be outsmarted.

I saw Namor 3-C key comes from him being amped by the phoenix, I thought i heard a rule about one time amps being used cause this amp only lasted 2 issues, shouldn't it be removed or not necessarily?

I saw Namor 3-C key comes from him being amped by the phoenix, I thought i heard a rule about one time amps being used cause this amp only lasted 2 issues, shouldn't it be removed or not necessarily?
I think that seems reasonable, yes.

What about the other Phoenix Five?

Short-lived amps can be included if they’re extremely relevant to an event, like the Phoenix Five are.

Well, Zeus didn't just beat Hulk up and throw him out of Olympus, he actually tortured the poor bastard afterwards, and the Hulk had good intentions to help his family, and fought hard to help save Zeus and the rest of reality from Mikaboshi right previously.

Yes, the Hulk should just have asked nicely, not stormed into Zeus' house to make demands, but the torture part still definitely made Zeus a much worse bad guy in that story.

Regardless, just some months ago the Hulk was shown to somehow be capable of fighting with Odinforce Thor, so Marvel Comics scaling is all over the place as usual.
this seems inconsistent that i'd actually ignore that.

Well, Zeus didn't just beat Hulk up and throw him out of Olympus, he actually tortured the poor bastard afterwards, and the Hulk had good intentions to help his family, and fought hard to help save Zeus and the rest of reality from Mikaboshi right previously.

Yes, the Hulk should just have asked nicely, not stormed into Zeus' house to make demands, but the torture part still definitely made Zeus a much worse bad guy in that story.
that is both true and very sad but i also meant this establishes that unless the avengers get assistance from another skyfather tier character or have prep and knowledge. They don't stand a chance. (i mean if zeus easily beats hulk it's not difficult to imagine what would happen if the other avengers tried attacking him) There's a reason ant why the skyfathers have their own tier and name to go with it.

Magik and Colossus 3-C is also based on being a phoenix force host.
Emma Frost and Scott summers 3-C and 2-C key are also based off being phoenix's force host.

Since these are one time amps I believe they should be removed, these keys didn't serve any major moments in marvel.

Short-lived amps can be included if they’re extremely relevant to an event, like the Phoenix Five are.
But they didn't really do anything to affect the marvel cosmology or play that much of an important role except Dark phoenix Scott summers.

Emma Frost and Scott summers 3-C and 2-C key are also based off being phoenix's force host.

Since these are one time amps I believe they should be removed, these keys didn't serve any major moments in marvel.
… they’re literally the main antagonists of the AvX event.

I think that also seems uncontroversial to apply.

… they’re literally the main antagonists of the AvX event.
Well, for how many issues did they have those amplifications? It seems outdated to keep them around unless they fulfill our minimum standards.

Well, for how many issues did they have those amplifications? It seems outdated to keep them around unless they fulfill our minimum standards.
I reiterate that we’ve consistently allowed amps that don’t meet the appearance standard if they‘re extremely relevant to an event, which the Phoenix Five are.

Back