• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

Remember how the OP of this thread says this?

How about we follow that guideline, hm?
Where is the hypocricy? Also, I am not really being political. I am just not a fan of writers turning formerly heroic characters completely unlikeable, and then trying to force the audience to endorse them, no matter how morally awful they have become.

But alright. I will leave things be.

Didn't the Avengers once allow one alien dude to mind control and impregnate Carol Danvers without doing anything about it? And in a later issue Carol called them out HARD on it?

Feel like that's one good reason that Carol is so bitter towards them.
Yup. Jim Shooter did some absolutely awful seemingly deliberate character destruction writing to get rid of Carol in that storyline during the early 1980s, possibly due to some irrational dislike of feminism, even though Carol wasn't written in an unlikeable manner back then.

However, during the late 1990s and early 2000s, Carol's multiple very serious personal traumas (being raped by Marcus, having her mind erased and powers stolen by Rogue, having her best friend/prospective boyfriend gleefully and sadistically murdered by Mystique while the latter was disguised as herself, being experimented on by the Brood, and losing much of her power) were catching up with her mind, and she descended into alcoholism and being reckless and dangerous during important missions, so Tony Stark made a prolonged effort to help her recover and get her life in order.

Last edited:
Yup. Jim Shooter did some absolutely awful seemingly deliberate character destruction writing to get rid of Carol in that storyline during the early 1980s, possibly due to some irrational dislike of feminism, even though Carol wasn't written in an unlikeable manner back then.

However, during the late 1990s and early 2000s, Carol's multiple very serious personal traumas (being raped by Marcus, having her mind erased and powers stolen by Rogue, having her best friend/prospective boyfriend gleefully and sadistically murdered by Mystique while the latter was disguised as herself, being experimented on by the Brood, and losing much of her power) were catching up with her mind, and she descended into alcoholism and being reckless and dangerous during important missions, so Tony Stark made a prolonged effort to help her recover and get her life in order.
Still, all that she went through is not something you recover from completely.

Does it excuse her actions and/or bad writing? No.

Does it explain her hostility towards the Avengers (aside from maybe Tony Stark)? Definitely.

Didn't the Avengers once allow one alien dude to mind control and impregnate Carol Danvers without doing anything about it? And in a later issue Carol called them out HARD on it?
I don't like comics anymore...

7yms67.jpg

Well, I like most of the superhero characters at their cores, but strongly dislike most western comic book writers, as they keep completely disrespecting, defiling, and mutilating their personalities in morbid, illogical, and dystopian manners just to go on arrogant personal ego-trips to spread their own usually misguided, narrowminded, destructive, divisive, morbid, amoral, and nihilistic worldviews as much as possible.

Last edited:
Spectrum/Photon has explicit feats of that scale though.
I very specifically said that I have not the feats yet only scaling, but let's not forget a few things:
1- before I made the thread she was planet level not star level.
2- Stars are not limited to star level, GBE can reach very high.
3- Stars can collapse into Black holes which are not necessarily star level
4- Her power source as Binary used to be white holes which are unquantifiable but for sure not limited to star level.
5- She actually have multiple feats with things that are related to white holes and black holes, like making a white hole recently being inside a black hole, states that she could have collapsed into a black hole.
Stuck her to star level doesn't make any sense.

Okay. That is not at all my impression from other interactions I have seen between them though.
If you acknowledge that you haven't read much on Captain marvel sure.
Well, I find her bland, hollow, extremely boring, and thug-ish, but I do not force you to agree.
I'm not forcing anyone to like her only to not disrespect the character that I like.
Look, Tony Stark has a history of going out of his way to help Carol on a personal level, and she still flat-out killed him, and has then behaved like a complete jerk towards him afterwards during the interactions between them that I have seen.
It's not like she killed him on porpoise
You missed some comics with captain marvel for sure.
Okay. Jonathan Hickman seems to have deliberately deconstructed them into flat-out amoral bloodthirsty supremacist villains, but since the other (considerably less intelligent) editors and writers at Marvel Comics did not catch on to this until it was too late, the X-Men as a comic book brand is basically destroyed now, although Al Ewing and others seem to have set up an extremely powerful cosmic entity known as "The Dominion" as responsible for manipulating reality to cause this situation.
Like I said, I know little about X men I did read a bit on the immortal X men because of the judgement day event, it was really weird to see Mr sinister having a high position in Krakoa, their action towards ignoring the possibility of the explosion of a celestial was also pretty bad.

Feel like that's one good reason that Carol is so bitter towards them.

Edit: https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/779496.html

Found it.

Just recently she found her half sister, she created a sister/life sentient being which died making her very angry to almost collapse to a black hole, was experimented with the brood again which gave her a boost, her relationship with Rogue was fixed, and now she is stuck in a mental link through the Nega bands with a thief, which by the look of it she is going to piss Clea off which is weird it didn't happened before because Strange and Carol had a 1 night stand.
So why are you still making it seem like killing tony was the only thing of her character?
Just to be clear because she talked about that her mind being erased wasn't something simple, Xavier gave her a lot of her memories back but having the memories does not mean she feels them, she remembers her family but she doesn't feel the love for her mother and brother, she knows them but she still feels like they are strangers.

I think that Carol going full authoritarian thug during Civil War II and murdering somebody she has a great debt of gratitude to was very bad and casually ill-considered destructive writing, and Jason Aaron later portrayed her as completely unrepentant about it from what I recall. Carol has been traumatised, yes, but she is not supposed to be a callous authoritarian thugish asshole.

As I said above, I like most of the superhero characters themselves, based on their more positive portrayals, but dislike the writers who are flippantly, irresponsibly, and arrogantly going on personal massive ego-trips to mutilate, distort, defile, and destroy them, and continuously completely change their entire personalities for almost no logical reasons.

Then again, I may be unfair to Jim Shooter here. If I remember correctly, he had Moondragon mind-control and seemingly rape Thor as well, so it may just have been a very bad sense of judgement rather than him being against moderate feminism.

It is true as far as I am aware. She mind-controlled an entire planet full of people to stop an ongoing war, turned Thor into her personal lover, and killed her father, Drax the Destroyer in the same story.

There wasn't any public outrage about it at all though, which is a bit strange considering that the rape of Carol Danvers is a major controversy that has lasted for around 40 years now, so it seems like a bit of a double-standard.

Also, the White Queen/Emma Frost and Sebastian Shaw both have a history of using their positions of power to physically rape lots of people and then set the hunting dogs in their mansion on their nightly victims, and Frost herself has repeatedly used her powers to completely violate and severely torture others to extremes over the years, including in a one-shot when she first took over the Hellfire Club some years ago, in which she (again this is from memory) casually forced an entire building full of people to either murder or rape each other depending on the floor she was on, and the people in charge of Marvel Comics are still so utterly vile and amoral that they constantly try to make her seem fully acceptable... along with Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, Exodus, Magneto, Sebastian Shaw, and Mystique, among others, as I mentioned previously.

Emma Frost is set up to marry Tony Stark in current storylines btw.

Last edited:
I really liked some of Straczynski's Superman comic books.

I think that he is supposed to take over Captain America soon. I liked the quote from him that we currently use in Captain America's page, so I hope that Straczynski will not just have to spend his entire run kow-towing to the media overlords for making it in the first place.

Last edited:
I like some of Straczynski's Superman comic books.

I think that he is supposed to take over Captain America soon. I liked the quote from him that we currently use in Captain America's page, so I hope that Straczynski will not just spend his entire run kow-towing for making it in the first place.
Why can't he return for Spider-Man in its state....

Why can't he return for Spider-Man in its state....
He was a good Spider-Man writer, yes, although Joe Quesada forced him to write "One More Day" as well, in which Spider-Man and Mary Jane willingly made a deal with Mephisto.

Norman and Gwen having kids was thankfully later retconned though.

It was agreed that Thor's Godly Essence transcended dimensions, so shouldn't Thor have some sort of BDE/HDE in his base key?
^

How do you join the 2 versions of the character like a lot of other pages have?
Quake has the "MCU" and the comics one but they arent linked in the page

How do you join the 2 versions of the character like a lot of other pages have?
Quake has the "MCU" and the comics one but they arent linked in the page

Done

Incorrect link
What is wrong with my smartphone its not the first time that link appear out a nowhere.

Done
Thanks

I think that we need more than one rather vague example before we add the analyatical prediction ability.

Back