• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Revenant Marvel Comics Discussion Thread

The problem with doing big revisions for Marvel is that most characters have insanely high appearance counts, so it’d be absurd for one person to try and revise a lot of them.
True, but unlike what some people think, always lowballing Marvel character stats because of this, even when it contrasts with portrayal, is not the best solution.

One can read a character's full appearance without any issue. It's jus that easy. You don't need to read like, every issue the character appears, read solo runs (volumes) + a few crossover arcs and you're fine.

You can read Moon Knight's volumes from the first one up until now and it would be like a few hundred issues. I did that with Daredevil (then read literally all his other appearances).

Btw, theres a discord server planning to revise the whole verse. If you want I could try to put you there
The plan is to ran over any and all revisions. Will delete everything and build it again from the ground up.

It will be THE revision. Only 3 users are participating.

Anyway here is not a JJK thread so I am shutting the **** up here.

Given how Ultima's taken a break from Marvel revisions to go do massive Tiering System revisions and likely will take a considerable while before he can get back to Part 3, I've gone ahead and analyzed Marvel's discussion rules. Each one has the relevant threads and diffs sourced below it.
  • Do not attempt to upgrade Dormammu, Umar, Eternity, and all of the other Marvel Comics cosmic entities to tier 1-A, based on a single mention within the 2005 "Defenders" series, given that it would enormously contradict virtually everything else known about the characters. In addition, a 1-A fictional environment does not remotely automatically translate to the nature of any characters present within it, or plenty of much weaker characters would qualify as well.
  1. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?type=revision&diff=910954&oldid=894614
  2. https://vsbattles.com/threads/the-one-above-all-is-tier-0-because.85428/
  3. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?type=revision&diff=1691902&oldid=1691893
Evaluation: This rule is objectively false now, as the Abstracts are all Low 1-A to High 1-A in all their keys, so it should be removed.
  • Also do not attempt to upgrade Galactus to 1-A, based on "Spider-Man and the Secret Wars". The story is not a part of continuity any more than "Avengers and the Infinity Gauntlet" or "Captain America and the Korvac Saga", which were released in conjunction, as part of the same imprint. In addition, if you read the entire comicbook, rather than an out-of-context scan, you clearly see that the Enchantress is not referring to Galactus being beyond all concepts of dimensions of time and space altogether, but about his infinite real size compared to the cosmos, how he can affect lots of different aspects of existence with his reality-warping powers, and since she and Spider-Man are strictly physical entities, they only perceive a small part of his entire being. See here for more information. It would also contradict everything else that we know about Galactus.
  1. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?type=revision&diff=1149535&oldid=1109356
  2. https://vsbattles.com/threads/beyonder-should-be-1-a.89191/
Evaluation: This rule is based on the extremely outdated idea that "transcending dimensions" is automatically 1-A and is also objectively false regarding Galactus now, as he varies up to Low 1-A and High 1-A in base, so it should be removed.
  • Do not attempt to scale base Thanos from the Phoenix Force, Galactus, the Celestials, and Odinforce Thor, based on 2016 and 2017 storylines within his own comicbook series. These are fairly typical extreme Plot-Induced Stupidity outliers. Within the same story, the Silver Surfer was also treated as a threat, and the Hulk survived Thanos' attacks, whereas Galactus did not. We have to attempt to find a certain degree of historical consistency to scale from, even if the Marvel writers recurrently make such a task near impossible to accomplish.
  1. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?type=revision&diff=2329327&oldid=2272706
  2. https://vsbattles.com/threads/thanos-possible-upgrade.12480/
Evaluation: This rule is fine to keep but reads very clunkily. I've rewritten it as follows:
*Do not attempt to scale base [[Thanos (Marvel Comics)|Thanos]] from the [[Phoenix Force]], [[Galactus (Marvel Comics)|Galactus]], the [[Celestials (Marvel Comics)|Celestials]], and Odinforce [[Thor (Marvel Comics)|Thor]] using the [[vsforum:threads/12480|''Thanos Returns'' and ''Thanos Wins'' storylines]], as these fights are [[Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics|fairly typical]] extreme [[Plot-Induced Stupidity]] [[outliers]]; these story arcs also treated the [[Silver Surfer (Marvel Comics)|Silver Surfer]] wielding Mjolnir as a threat to Thanos and had the Hulk survive his attacks when Galactus didn't.
@Antvasima @Elizhaa @DarkDragonMedeus @SamanPatou @Maverick_Zero_X Are these changes acceptable?

So, question, anyone know what happened to the Noir Spider-Totem? From what I've read up to, Miles took it from that world after retrieving it with Noir Peter, but was there anything after that?
That leads me to my next question, would Noir Peter still get resurrection and immortality types 4 and 8? Because while it's unknown, its theorized that it only works if the totem is in his universe, but that's gone off to repair the web of destiny (that's what it was yeah?) Would it be limited? Or is this all too specific.

Hey Ant, for Doom's resistance to Information Analysis, would it be ok if I added this scan (Mighty Avengers Vol 1 #10)?

He already resists IA, but his justification only seems to really list him resisting hacking, while the scan above shows him actually negating Iron Man's Information Analysis, so it'd help explain why he resists it.

That seems fine to me, yes.
1. Done.

2. Permission to edit Galactus's page to remove all scans from "Spider Man and the Secret Wars"?

Ultima seems to use that series a lot, btw, so if you could also mention that series not being canon to him whenever you get the chance, that would be appreciated.

So, question, anyone know what happened to the Noir Spider-Totem? From what I've read up to, Miles took it from that world after retrieving it with Noir Peter, but was there anything after that?
That leads me to my next question, would Noir Peter still get resurrection and immortality types 4 and 8? Because while it's unknown, its theorized that it only works if the totem is in his universe, but that's gone off to repair the web of destiny (that's what it was yeah?) Would it be limited? Or is this all too specific.
Thoughts?

Thank you. 🙏
2. Permission to edit Galactus's page to remove all scans from "Spider Man and the Secret Wars"?

Ultima seems to use that series a lot, btw, so if you could also mention that series not being canon to him whenever you get the chance, that would be appreciated.
That seems fine to me, as the series did not fit into the original Secret Wars canon, but if Ultima considers it to fit into alternate timelines within the Marvel multiverse, that would probably work to scale multiversal entities from.

@Ultima_Reality

That seems fine to me, as the series did not fit into the original Secret Wars canon, but if Ultima considers it to fit into alternate timelines within the Marvel multiverse, that would probably work to scale multiversal entities from.

@Ultima_Reality
Sure, I'll just hold off on any edits until Ultima says his part.

I would also suggest asking him about The Beyonder, but then again IIRC none of the Beyonder's actual powers were removed, just a few justifications.

In the above scan, Strange survives a magic metal bar that damages every version of him across the multiverse.

What powers would Strange get and/or be resisting from that scene?

What powers would Strange get and/or be resisting from that scene?
I suppose that the other stranges could obtain a tier 1 range, but it seems that 616 Strange not resist that power since it affects him, it is the same as being drowned in water, before die, he came out of the water/stopped the bar

395072104_6485680178210014_5343072484327558937_n.jpg

Finally... a good relationship for Marc...

It was agreed that Thor's Godly Essence transcended dimensions, so shouldn't Thor have some sort of BDE/HDE in his base key?

Anyone? If there needs to be an issue listed, it's in Spider-Verse vol 3 issue 5

Genis vell with the nega bands is dead by the same person Carol without using the nega bands defeated wouldnt that grant her high 3-A at least?

Back