• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The recent 4-A or 3-C One-Punch Man feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We see that in Io, not on Earth.
This is not correct.

In the panel I am talking about, the one with the galaxies. We (The viewer, from this perspective) are not on Io's surface, we are in space.

In the panel we are all talking about, we are also in space.

We are never "on Earth" or "In Io," both panels give us an unrestricted view in space.

What exactly is the point here?

Last edited:
can't we see that there are specks that are bigger than everything in the picture, it's possible that those bigger specks are meant to be galaxies.....

This is not correct.

In the panel I am talking about, the one with the galaxies. We (The viewer, from this perspective) are not on Io's surface, we are in space.

In the panel we are all talking about, we are also in space.

We are never "on Earth" or "In Io," both panels give us an unrestricted view in space.

What exactly is the point here?
Huh? But the first link clearly shows galaxies drawn from a perspective "on Io" with Garou standing right on it after that first panel from space.

Huh? But the first link clearly shows galaxies drawn from a perspective "on Io" with Garou standing right on it after that first panel from space.
Confused. You just said yourself that the first panel is from space, which is the one I'm referencing. It's pretty close to the moon, sure, but Io's atmosphere is so thin that I don't think you can consider it being "on" the moon.

Also, even if that wasn't from space, I don't see how this being on Io makes any difference...

Confused. You just said yourself that the first panel is from space, which is the one I'm referencing. It's pretty close to the moon, sure, but Io's atmosphere is so thin that I don't think you can consider it being "on" the moon.

Also, even if that wasn't from space, I don't see how this being on Io makes any difference...
Actually, it can make a difference. I think what Matthew is getting at is that the view of space from our solar system shouldn't be too different whether you are looking from earth or Io beyond placement of celestial objects.

If you believe this, then it would mean that galaxies that are viewed very clearly from Io (surface or not) would contradict the belief that the dots on the panel showing the void in space could be galaxies. Instead they would be only stars in the Milky Way or near it. This makes the feat being galaxy level or higher harder to argue. An interesting take that I don't fully agree with but it is worth noting.

There is nothing we can say that what we have should not be taken as the farthest star. Even if we see two galaxies on the panel, it does not prove that there are galaxies in the destroyed area. The reason why Murata drew the galaxies there might actually be showing that they can also destroy galaxies, or it might actually show that they destroyed everything in the universe in this direction. If we are going to use a galaxy when there is no way to disprove that the farthest star should not be taken as a basis, then let's go and use the end of the universe altough there is no evidence that there is no galaxy in that area.

For now, I think the furthest distance we should use should be the farthest star we can see with the naked eye.

I never argued that it destroyed galaxies.

I'm saying that the distance the hole goes out would need to be at least inter-galatic in distance if we can see galaxies with such clarity on those panels.

The fact that we can see them means we can see light from that far away.

I am not saying there is galaxies that were destroyed, I think that's unlikely.

Likewise, I have not used an argument that says we cannot see galaxies with the naked eye. But just because we saw two galaxies, I don't see any consistent reason to say that there must be galaxies in the destroyed space, or to accept the distance as intergalactic.

The celestial bodies that we can see in space are proportional not only to distance but also to size. It is not possible for us to see a star at the same distance as Andromeda with the naked eye due to its size, but it is possible for us to see a Quasar much further away from Andromeda due to its size. The galaxies we see there may be the same in distance but larger. İf we are going to use İRL, likewise Andromeda looks almost the size of a dot from Earth, while it's not likely to look as big as in the manga when viewed from anywhere around Jupiter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we shouldn't use Andromeda even if the distance is intergalactic. It is not my intention to make this situation impossible. When it comes to intergalactic distance, Andromeda's distance should be used.

It seems to me that Saitama and Garou destroyed all celestial bodies in the indicated direction "inside the Milky Way" at least as far as we can see with the naked eye. But in the same direction, there may also be celestial bodies in the Milky Way that are too far and small to be seen with the naked eye.

Also, of course, celestial objects seen from space or the surface of any moon will appear brighter because there will be no light pollution. But the galaxies in the manga are not only bright, they are also large.

There're only stars in the panel. If their attack was meant to reach other galaxies, he probably would've drawn galaxies in the panel. Interstellar-galactic range seems a lot more reasonable.

So what sort of further evidence are we waiting for before we can scale Saitama and Garou to 4-A?

I never argued that it destroyed galaxies.

I'm saying that the distance the hole goes out would need to be at least inter-galatic in distance if we can see galaxies with such clarity on those panels.

The fact that we can see them means we can see light from that far away.

I am not saying there is galaxies that were destroyed, I think that's unlikely.
I think I understand your perspective. Instead of viewing it as a human's perspective and limiting it to that. Since we can see galaxies from a narrative view from space then the black void should also see intergalactic ranges as well.

Idk if this has been brought up yet cuz oftentimes my patience for reading through threads is pretty limited, but could a "low end" for the feat (excluding the possibility of it being uncalcable hax) be that it formed a black hole, putting it at 4-B? Black holes do consume light, after all, and are ofc spherical, so afaik a black hole would match the appearance of the circular completely dark void shown in the feat.

unknown.png

We get a shot of the reformed hole in the new chapter (Time was rewinded). It debunks the idea that they destroyed galaxies since we clearly only see a few stars there.

We should probably use the first space scam tbh. The sky doesn't look nearly as starry in this one. Artist inconsistencies.

So is it fine to upgrade Saitama and "God"-enhanced Garou to 4-A then? An accepted calculation for the feat would be preferable though.

Also, when is the new chapter being released in English?

Why does that matter. After time is rewinded we see how the "hole" originally looked and there's only a few visible stars there. The interpretation that the explosion went through intergalactic distances isn't justifiable.

unknown.png

From the perspective of the back of the moon, the blast was directed towards the left.

unknown.png

As Garou approaches the Earth, he is looking directly at the angle where the blast would have been sent to, and there's no hole there.

In fact, the sun is there and it wasn't destroyed by being in the immediate pathway of the attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back