• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The recent 4-A or 3-C One-Punch Man feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutron stats can be used, they're just calced incorrectly. Neutron Stars have a much lower binding energy than what Nik got because their atoms are actively trying to break apart and all that's stopping them is the pressure of gravity.

They also have a different formula to get GBE as well.
There's no proof that Neutron stars were destroyed.

Neutron stats can be used, they're just calced incorrectly. Neutron Stars have a much lower binding energy than what Nik got because their atoms are actively trying to break apart and all that's stopping them is the pressure of gravity.

They also have a different formula to get GBE as well.
Could you give me this formula?

@Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Aguywhodoesthings @Zamasu_Chan

Hello.

Since the comment section of the following blog has turned into a disordered mess, with several suggested calculations for the feat, and this is a very prominent upgrade for a very popular series, I would appreciate if our calc group members could reach a consensus regarding which of the calculations that should be used, or if another type of calculation for the feat should be used instead.

Hey Ant. The One-Punch Man side of the wiki have already agreed to having a Calc Group Thread once the fight/arc concludes. I've been compiling all of the calculations into a single thread that will be posted once the time comes. Thanks.

Okay, if that energy was more than enough to delete a whole bunch of stars, we have to consider the meaning behind the presence of that black empty void left behind. Now idk how this will add up with the fact that it takes millions to billions of years for the light of distant stars to reach us (and whether or not we should take that into account), but you'd have to consider that a countless number of stars and/or galaxies behind the initial visible ones prior to the blast were possibly affected as well. So the feat might be even more impressive if we put depth into consideration.

All I said is probably redundant, though, considering that there may not be enough scientific evidence to back this up.

Hey Ant. The One-Punch Man side of the wiki have already agreed to having a Calc Group Thread once the fight/arc concludes. I've been compiling all of the calculations into a single thread that will be posted once the time comes. Thanks.
Okay. No problem.

I suppose that we should probably wait for DontTalk and Executor before we close this thread though.

You can't justify the timeframe because the distance is completely different.
then how to find the framework? Saitama's traces light is still imprinted, it takes a very fast time to do this, I assume the time frame is like Garou making traces light, this should be considered a low ball.

You can just click the "Watch" button at the top of a thread in order to follow it.
I legitimately thought that people were writing "Following" as a way to express their support and to tell people that they are watching the thread now. The fact that they might have not known about the "Watch" button didn't cross my mind, so I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I may have misunderstood something, but haven't the recent images of the James Webb Telescope captured countless galaxies in the observable cosmos.

I don't want it to look like a wank, but can we use it?

I may have misunderstood something, but haven't the recent images of the James Webb Telescope captured countless galaxies in the observable cosmos.

I don't want it to look like a wank, but can we use it?
NO, many forget several factors that prevent proving the destruction of galaxies in the fact. The first reason: James Webb can only photograph galaxies because he has a camera of millions and millions of pixels, which allows him, through a zoom, to capture quality images of galaxies thousands of light years away. The image that presents the feat, however, is on a macro scale, without zoom, it is totally possible that there are points in this region that present thousands and even millions of galaxies, but it is impossible to see them because we don't have James Webb's Zoom to verify their presence. The second point, this one more conclusive: From here, from the region of Space we are in, we can only see 1% of the Stars in our Galaxy with the naked eye, the reason? Much of the starlight ends up losing energy along the way, becoming practically invisible to the naked eye, the only way we can see beyond this "Horizon" is through Infrared, which by the way is the way James Webb takes pictures, the images that we see, not only of James Webb, but also of other space photos are digitally colored precisely because of the fact that only the Infrared of the photos reaches us. Due to these factors, due to the impossibility of proving the destruction of Galaxies in the deed, I do not agree to use this

Obligatory not a calc-group member but just getting this out there-

Regardless of how one gets the size of the punched-space, Neutron Star GBE should not be used for the destruction, as neutron stars aren't visible to the naked eye at all, and so tons of non-destroyed neutron stars could be present in the empty space from the punch and just not be visible.
Again. (Even if Neutron star GBE is a lot smaller than I thought, the absolutely tiny cross sectional area compared to any other kind of star massively inflates the calc.)

NO, many forget several factors that prevent proving the destruction of galaxies in the fact. The first reason: James Webb can only photograph galaxies because he has a camera of millions and millions of pixels, which allows him, through a zoom, to capture quality images of galaxies thousands of light years away. The image that presents the feat, however, is on a macro scale, without zoom, it is totally possible that there are points in this region that present thousands and even millions of galaxies, but it is impossible to see them because we don't have James Webb's Zoom to verify their presence. The second point, this one more conclusive: From here, from the region of Space we are in, we can only see 1% of the Stars in our Galaxy with the naked eye, the reason? Much of the starlight ends up losing energy along the way, becoming practically invisible to the naked eye, the only way we can see beyond this "Horizon" is through Infrared, which by the way is the way James Webb takes pictures, the images that we see, not only of James Webb, but also of other space photos are digitally colored precisely because of the fact that only the Infrared of the photos reaches us. Due to these factors, due to the impossibility of proving the destruction of Galaxies in the deed, I do not agree to use this
SECONDING THIS.

Why are we applying real world logic when the artist intent was to show that everything in the hole was destroyed. I highly doubt Murata drew with the thought of being 100% scientifically accurate.

Why are we applying real world logic when the artist intent was to show that everything in the hole was destroyed. I highly doubt Murata drew with the thought of being 100% scientifically accurate.
Would we then assume that everything in that specific direction was destroyed? That seems like a big assumption without a statement. Since this is a visual medium and the only evidence we have is visual I would work with what we can actually see.

Would we then assume that everything in that specific direction was destroyed? That seems like a big assumption without a statement. Since this is a visual medium and the only evidence we have is visual I would work with what we can actually see.
Maybe not assume the distance, which I still assume to be lowball, but I'm sure we'll get a view of the distance as well.

Yes, that makes sense to me at least.

Maybe not assume the distance, which I still assume to be lowball, but I'm sure we'll get a view of the distance as well.
Well, if we will indeed get a view for that, then that would be good but currently we have only one panel for the feat, so there isn't much to examine there.

My opinion is we should use the distance between Milky Way and Andromeda. I believe this is an understandable distance.

My reasoning is that we can very clearly see galaxies on other panels in the same chapter. This means for a space that big to be completely blacked out like that, there would need to be no luminous source of light in that section for at least an intergalactic distance.

If you think this reasoning is flawed, I'd like to hear why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back