• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The reason why people love DND fights the epicenter of the reasons why everyone hates VSBWRPing

So

Reggy isn't a smurf, apparently

Brolaire flexs 4-D luck from literal gods and intimidates Reggy into nonexistence for not being very bro-like

Actually, the dice gods say "no" and he intimidates Reggy's luck out of existence

At the whim of those gods though, presumably

Like his story is barebones but they make anything awesome happen for him

He literally intimidated time into reversing to let him reroll over and over again

He's Reggy but the GM can't even fix him

When did I say Brolaire wasn't a smurf

DMUA has lots of double standards

When I give manipulation of everything to my characters he says it's bad but when he gives it to his characters it's fine.

When I have a broken character from an RP he gets mad but then gets even happier upon seeing another RP character that's even more broken winning against my character.

Sometimes I think he just doesn't like me... ;_;

I'll just say this here and now, you two better stop with the mutual antagonism and with bickering every time you interact.

Nah it's towards me.

I know it doesn't always look like it but we're actually just having friendly banter Prom.

Yeah I really can't tell. Have fun then.

We just have different opinions over characters that we enjoy needling each other about.

We bond over good writing.

boy am I going to be depressed if he doesn't see it that way

Monarch Laciel said:
When I give manipulation of everything to my characters he says it's bad but when he gives it to his characters it's fine.
My default reaction to everything that exists is either "no" or "H", with high level Bambu's Homebrew and VSBWRPing in the former and everything else in the latter

Besides you straight up ripped that from me Man, of course it caused upsetness

I didn't rip it from you, I just realised after reading Dresden Files that the main character of that can do an absolute shitload of stuff and his versatility wasn't ruining the story so I could probably bring back the "Authority over the world" where they can manipulate lots.

Okay, good to know

Jack of All Online Interviewz with Nightside Kaziklu Blue Files

I'm pretty sure Reggy being a disembodied abstract: a "possibility": works hard against him in this particular match-up, not before. Brolaire's entire shtick is to negate "possibilities" if they'd be lame or anti-climactic, etc., and Reggy's whole "dumb luck- you can't dodge- I kill in one hit" combo of Luck/Death Manip./Spatial Manip. definitely would qualify in the eyes of basically any GM I know as anti-climactic or "uncool". Even if Brolaire did fall victim to it, in all likelihood he'd just scare death into giving him enough tries to make Reggy c e a s e and move on with his life. Even assuming that Reggy can't truly die to Concept Manip. and all that, if he's made no longer able to interact with Brolaire in any meaningful capacity that'd be Win by BFR, no?

Uh, so, I guess I vote for Brolaire, by virtue of tomfoolery.

But would it be generally considered "uncool"? Hmmmm.

That sort of power generally just seems really open-ended/up to interpretation, honestly... out of curiosity, since I'm less familiar with the story, what level was Brolaire during all of this?

I also thought Reggy vs Walter was pretty climatic, and Reggy didn't really need any luck for that, so IDK.

@Perp undefined. It was called D&D and it was said they were just starting so I'd assume level 1-2, but the video never specified.

Back