• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Real World Discussion Thread

No, I meant should we add the traits of archaic humans to the composite human? (Sorry for being unclear)

Since technically they're still human, if the composite human is just the Homo genus rather than specifically the Homo sapiens species.
It's been 5 years since composite human moved out of the main wiki, so it's up to the guesswork of users like me to pick up where they left off.

When we do composite human, we usually mean Homo Sapiens. Given that we already have composite primate, and the genus Homo gradually strays from what's actually meant by a human in the CH profile. The answer is no; CH is supposed to be composite Homo sapiens

It's been 5 years since composite human moved out of the main wiki, so it's up to the guesswork of users like me to pick up where they left off.

When we do composite human, we usually mean Homo Sapiens. Given that we already have composite primate, and the genus Homo gradually strays from what's actually meant by a human in the CH profile. The answer is no; CH is supposed to be composite Homo sapiens
Alright then, that idea's out... though I guess technically if we can use gene editing to somehow replicate the bodily structure of previous Homo species to enhance the physiological capabilities while retaining the psychological faculties of Homo sapiens, that might be a point to consider?

In any case, this aside, can we start adding the armour and stuff + restructuring the page at some point since Ant gave the go-ahead?

The editing rules state that we need to have at least 2 staff members for minor or average changes in CRTs. That's what I'm waiting for.
Medeus gave the go ahead too though.

Does that mean we're good to go?

Medeus gave the go ahead too though.

Does that mean we're good to go?
No. I'll correct myself that the approval rules are from the discussion rules here.

There's a lot of minor changes that have been accepted that only Ant has seen and condoned throughout the writing of my sandboxes on-forum.

OK wait one other question for Composite Human:
are we able to use these for scaling?

Sorry, using this to notify you all again cause I wanna ask you all stuff real quick (seriously, I think one of us needs to ask staff to allow us to ping/notify/@ other people but with a cooldown timer perhaps so that spamming does not happen + no one gets irritated)

1: Any of you all have Discord? mahektheassassin is my username if anyone wanna send friend requests

2:

Me and H3 still need help asking staff for input and opinion on whether this can be given the go-ahead, mostly cause there's been new rule changes and other stuff, so if you all could, could you please help both ask staff if they are capable of replying in the thread linked above AND also provide your own input and opinions in the thread linked above as well? It would be very much appreciated.

Sorry, using this to notify you all again cause I wanna ask you all stuff real quick (seriously, I think one of us needs to ask staff to allow us to ping/notify/@ other people but with a cooldown timer perhaps so that spamming does not happen + no one gets irritated)

1: Any of you all have Discord? mahektheassassin is my username if anyone wanna send friend requests

2:

Me and H3 still need help asking staff for input and opinion on whether this can be given the go-ahead, mostly cause there's been new rule changes and other stuff, so if you all could, could you please help both ask staff if they are capable of replying in the thread linked above AND also provide your own input and opinions in the thread linked above as well? It would be very much appreciated.
I'm already connected to you on discord through one of my accounts there

Who you guys think is actually humanity's greatest warrior in all of history?
Honestly quite debatable (and a bit ironic cause I just had a thread about real world empires having a free for all battle royale being closed due to the result already being settled).
When it comes to leading empires, I would say these people due to context they lived in:

(leader of British Empire)

(leader of Mongol Empire)

However, if we're talking about individual/groups of soldiers/warriors...

(Sikh army)

(Gurkha army)

(Polish hussars)

(Korean navy)

(American aviation)

(Individual sharpshooters noted for both lethality and accuracy respectively)

Last edited:

Might send a friend request. Mine is "usernamesubstitute"

Honestly quite debatable (and a bit ironic cause I just had a thread about real world empires having a free for all battle royale being closed due to the result already being settled).
When it comes to leading empires, I would say these people due to context they lived in:

(leader of British Empire)

(leader of Mongol Empire)

However, if we're talking about individual/groups of soldiers/warriors...

(Sikh army)

(Gurkha army)

(Polish hussars)

(Korean navy)

(American aviation)

(Individual sharpshooters noted for both lethality and accuracy respectively)
I see, what about the strongest and/or greatest individual in history? Someone like william marshal or miyamoto musashi for example.

I see, what about the strongest and/or greatest individual in history? Someone like william marshal or miyamoto musashi for example.
That one is harder to define
By strength we could nominate Hafthor, Žydrūnas Savickas, Louis Cyr (notable record setting strongmen), Great Gama, Khabib, Rocky Marciano (undefeated martial artists), etc
And greatness is even harder to define; would you define by fame, feats that they are known for regardless of the morality of their feats, or acts of good? (pretty sure if we went by that sort of definition we could put Albert Einstein, Jonas Salk, Rabindranath Tagore, Leonardo da Vinci, Hippocrates, Galen, Ibn Sina, Nikola Tesla, Nelson Mandela, etc)

Also H3, there appears to be an issue regarding the composite human article... well, rather, the issue is that there are... articles, as in more than one article of the composite human.

(They're in VSBW and FCOC respectively)
What are we supposed to do with these? (Should we ask staff to sort this out? I'm not sure which community wikia under the VSBW/FCOC/JB label the Composite Human should be in specifically)

Also H3, there appears to be an issue regarding the composite human article... well, rather, the issue is that there are... articles, as in more than one article of the composite human.

(They're in VSBW and FCOC respectively)
What are we supposed to do with these? (Should we ask staff to sort this out? I'm not sure which community wikia under the VSBW/FCOC/JB label the Composite Human should be in specifically)
The backup one is an old, outdated sandbox (sandboxes (blogs, "user:[username]" pages) aren't official pages). We should ignore it.

FCOC's composite human was posted by a user that forgot composites aren't allowed on FCOC. and the profile should be deleted in FCOC's profile deletion thread.

Uh... peeps, we might need to hold off on posting results in case the changes for the Real World page and entries go through, since the profiles will be quite drastically changed (due to regrouping and reclassification of said entries and restructuring of said page) (Meteor I know you already posted results for the Hunter vs Croc, but yeah we might need to copypaste that for when the page and entries are restructured)

Hey, how durable are maggots supposed to be? I can swat flies easily, but three-ish years ago when I saw maggots on the floor, I struggled to kill maggots by stomping them while wearing shoes.

OK EVERYONE, I HAVE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NEWS, I NEED EVERYONE HERE TO READ THIS!

WE'RE GOOD TO GO!
THE PROPOSAL FOR THE RESTRUCTURING AND REORGANISATION OF THE REAL WORLD PAGE HAS BEEN GIVEN THE GREENLIGHT/GO-AHEAD BY ANT, BAMBU AND MEDEUS!
(READ THE LAST POST IN THE THREAD ^ TO LEARN WHAT THIS ENTAILS AKA HOW WE ARE GOING TO RESTRUCTURE THE PAGE!)

THIS WILL MEAN A DRASTIC CHANGE IN THE APPEARANCE OF PROFILES OF REAL WORLD ENTRIES AND THE APPEARANCE OF THE VERSE PAGE ITSELF, SO I WOULD URGENTLY REQUEST YOU ALL TO HOLD OFF/HALT/PUT ALL INDIVIDUAL REAL WORLD PROFILE EDITS OR MATCH-UPS INVOLVING THE REAL WORLD ON STANDBY UNTIL THIS RESTRUCTURING/REORGANISATION PROCESS IS COMPLETE!

Thank you for acknowledging this notice.

OK EVERYONE, I HAVE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NEWS, I NEED EVERYONE HERE TO READ THIS!

WE'RE GOOD TO GO!
THE PROPOSAL FOR THE RESTRUCTURING AND REORGANISATION OF THE REAL WORLD PAGE HAS BEEN GIVEN THE GREENLIGHT/GO-AHEAD BY ANT, BAMBU AND MEDEUS!
(READ THE LAST POST IN THE THREAD ^ TO LEARN WHAT THIS ENTAILS AKA HOW WE ARE GOING TO RESTRUCTURE THE PAGE!)

THIS WILL MEAN A DRASTIC CHANGE IN THE APPEARANCE OF PROFILES OF REAL WORLD ENTRIES AND THE APPEARANCE OF THE VERSE PAGE ITSELF, SO I WOULD URGENTLY REQUEST YOU ALL TO HOLD OFF/HALT/PUT ALL INDIVIDUAL REAL WORLD PROFILE EDITS OR MATCH-UPS INVOLVING THE REAL WORLD ON STANDBY UNTIL THIS RESTRUCTURING/REORGANISATION PROCESS IS COMPLETE!

Thank you for acknowledging this notice.
Additionally, ^ after said process is complete:

We should probably add:
Clostridium
(cause of botulinum and tetani being the bacteria that produce the most potent, lowest LD50 poisons)

Prions, Yersinia, Lyssavirus, Trypanosoma and Leishmania
(cause of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (prions), Yersinia pestis (Black Death bacteria), Rabies lyssavirus (Rabies virus), Trypanosoma brucei and Leishmania (African trypanosomiasis/sleeping sickness and visceral leishmaniasis parasitic protozoa) causing the deadliest (most unlikely to survive AND/OR causing the most deaths) diseases)

As for events, maybe we can add the deadliest of each type of natural disaster (I'm not sure if anthropogenic/man-made disasters can be included too, but worth asking).

Could you all help restructure the Real World page and entries according to the summary of the agreed-upon proposal conditions linked here ^? Please and thank you.

Could you all help restructure the Real World page and entries according to the summary of the agreed-upon proposal conditions linked here ^? Please and thank you.
My mind was on briefly checking if I missed anything here. I'll check if I missed anything later.

Back