• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Real World Discussion Thread

Also just a reminder that shields (and potentially armours) could be included as well as the page being possibly renovated, best to keep an eye out for further updates.
still hoping this comes true

Can we give this Danmaku?
as in this?

We could, but we should specify that this would refer to ICBMs and/or other nuclear weapons with MIRV or other cluster bombing capabilities.

Scan request (IRL Animals Calcs)​

Rules​

• Make sure they follow these regulations for credible IRL source.
  • Only calcs with enough information for a doable calc may be done on it.
  • Not all sections have to be filled or calced if a specific piece of information needed for the calc to be done can't be found.
    • Note that all the calcs here are primarily for AP.
  • Making the calcs for me is optional, but help is appeciated.
  • Average sizes for these animals only unless specified
Please have scans and information for...
bump; will bump this reply every 3 days minimum to not overshadow everything else too much.

Rules​

• Not all sections have to be filled or calced if a specific piece of information needed for the calc to be done can't be found.
Spoiler: List
bump

Rules​

Spoiler: List
bump

Rules​

Please have scans and information for...
bump; removed the calc since it's been evaluated.

If the attack comes from an animal or object that has a significant advantage in raw power compared to a smaller animal, upgrading durability can’t be done for the animal that has weaker raw power. It’s inaccurate to the animal’s strikes mathematically, and potentially inconsistent to the actual force dispersed into the weaker animal.
Why can't real-world animals be stone walls?
  • Despite the Alligator Snapping Turtle having human level bite energy, its size and wieght would decrease its overall true strength.
Is that not already factored in?
  • The Turtle normally wouldn't be able to overpower animals like chimpanzees and capybaras due to the larger amount of muscular strength the animals have demonstrated to have.
Skillstomps and attacks above a character's weight class are common in fiction.

Last edited:
Why can't real-world animals be stone walls?
Our tiering system is too oversimplified. But if it's a turtle, then they "Stone wall" in that area. I'll add that.
Is that not already factored in?
Yes. No problem here.
Skillstomps and attacks above a character's weight class are common in fiction.
They're common in real life too. Look at us against tigers/bears.

distance the force will move
So if "X Newtons" is from the front teeth, you'll calc the starting position of the teeth at the cat's widest gape. And the distance between that and the ending position of that same teeth when the jaw closes.

Same thing if "X Newtons" is from the back teeth. It depends where the newtons of the cat is called at. (if it's at the front, calc the distance the force of the front teeth's bite at the front. Same thing with back teeth, but with the back teeth's force's distance traveled)

Here's an example of how to do a bite calc. You'll need the chord length to get the arc length of the animal. (in other words, get the chord length to get the precise distance the force of the bite moved.

Fundamentally, it's basically a bunch of complicated steps of N times m = J; the N is the newtons and the m is the meters, and the J is self-explanatory (you should know the letter for joules).

Shit, guys. There's a study disputing the size of Perucetus Colossus.: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10909350
Damn
Then again sauropods already are established to be longer than the blue whale, size in terms of mass though... not there yet.
But I do know one other creature that can rival or exceed the blue whale AND possibly Perucetus.

I present to you:

It is related to these:

But as for Ichthyotitan, it was even larger than these two:

"While its incompleteness made the size of the animal difficult to determine, it was clearly very large. By comparing the Lilstock surangular to the same bone in Shastasaurus sikanniensis as a model, the researchers estimated the Lilstock ichthyosaur to have been around 26 metres (85 ft) long or 25% larger by direct scaling, nearly the size of a blue whale. Scaling based on the height at the coronoid process compared to Besanosaurus found a shorter length estimate of 22 metres (72 ft). Researchers pointed out that, while differences in proportions between species make these estimates speculative, they were conventional given the scarcity of material.

The 2024 study describing Ichthyotitan pointed out inaccuracies in the Besanosaurus scaling, due to a misidentification of the coronoid process with the nearby MAME (muscle adductor mandibulae externus) process. Comparing the position of the MAME process in the BAS specimen to that in Besanosaurus, they provided a revised length estimate of 25 metres (82 ft), likely making it the largest marine reptile ever described.

The Aust specimens, tentatively linked to Ichthyotitan, have been informally estimated to be even larger at 30 to 35 metres (98 to 115 ft) long.
"

Also this for flying animals if anyone is interested.

More info here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_magnitude#See_also (this will help give a comparison between real world earthly and cosmic stuff)

Last edited:
Question, how will the discovery of Dark oxygen affect this?

To summarize as simply as I can.
Metals in complete darkness on the bottom of the sea, produce an electric current, close to an AA battery. Due to this, it can actually split water and produce oxygen...

Do I even need to say more?

Metals in complete darkness on the bottom of the sea, produce an electric current, close to an AA battery. Due to this, it can actually split water and produce oxygen...

This makes me think of Cherenkov radiation + electrolysis (specifically water in this case for the one I linked).

Sorry, I think the forum butchered my last reply, but what do you mean by "this"?

The cuttlefish is known for "hypnotizing" prey. Pretty much, it changes colors rapidly, forming a rapid pattern of black and white. Its less intelligent victims (crabs, fish, etc.) are captivated/confused by the display and stay to watch. the Broadclub Cuttlefish's vsbw page considers this Mind Manipulation, but it's less of a supernatural power and more of a mind trick, so to me it should be Social influencing. I'm making a CRT involving this, so what would you consider it?

The cuttlefish is known for "hypnotizing" prey. Pretty much, it changes colors rapidly, forming a rapid pattern of black and white. Its less intelligent victims (crabs, fish, etc.) are captivated/confused by the display and stay to watch. the Broadclub Cuttlefish's vsbw page considers this Mind Manipulation, but it's less of a supernatural power and more of a mind trick, so to me it should be Social influencing. I'm making a CRT involving this, so what would you consider it?

Yes.

You could use mine or make another.

Yo guys, I'm trying a little click bait here. Is this match title good for gathering attention?

Back