• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Real Life Big Animals CRT 2

I was trying to go and do moa profile. And while we do have a profile on-site, the thing here is that the sizes of Moa heavily varied among species. One adult can even be the size of a turkey (which I'm planning to reconfirm it's 10-C rating for males). That's how inaccurate the profile is.

Unlike other animal profiles, the Moa is an extinct order rather than species in terms of scientific classification. And the fact that it's 9 species are very widespread among an archelpelago means that there will be heavy differences among types of Moa compared to numerous subspecies among a species. The 10-C to 9-C range is heavy compared to subspecies differences like the gray wolf.

I feel conflicted on whether to keep the moa (real world) profile or to take it away. It's not really composite, though the profile assumes the heaviest, tallest bird when we have Moa the size of a Turkey. If we choose to keep it and add Varies from 10-C to 9-C. I don't how that's going to be no different than putting a Varies between 10-C to 9-C among a profile for the canid branch of mammals (a more consistent version of composite canid). I want to see if there's reasoning as to how the current moa profile should be kept without it being "circumventing rules" type of thing or any valid and seemingly weird problem on the profile.

Like, someone might say having a tallest moa profile is redundant, and how is that redundant when the actual profile should technically have a 10-C rating? We can either do a makeover of the profile or delete it (which I would agree with the latter). I already have a profile of the tallest moa as a blog.

What you have collectively agreed about here can probably be added to our wiki now.
Important thing for everyone here. The discussion rules say that a minimum of 2 staff members are needed to sign off a change in CRTs (I'll keep this in mind for the future). And the only other person to my knowledge that are the most likely to accept stuff here would be @Dalesean027.

And we have 2 threads worth of this CRT. And some of the proposals are major changes to the profiles. Antvasima, what should we do here? This CRT may take even more time to reevaluate for the staff and for contributors to edit than expected.

Also... Feedback on this page for source credibility standards?

Last edited:
Is there anything else that needs evaluation here btw
Besides waiting on Ant on what to do about some of these revisions that technically have usually been done by 1 Admin+Bearucrat and 1 very experienced user, not much else on this thread.

Though if you want or if you have the time, you can evaluate either of these calcs here to start small (doesn't have to be all of them):

Black Bear AP KE (The American Black Bear's AP in KE calcs haven't been explicitly confirmed)

Great White Shark Energy & Bottlenose Dolphin KE+the latter's predators' dura

Well, we need more of them to come and help out here, and preferably ones with some calculation skills, as I mostly only have time to handle my wiki tasks nowadays, which is why I sent a notification to several of them above.

If you create a post that explains everything that you currently need evaluated here, that would be very helpful for them. 🙏

Well, we need more of them to come and help out here, and preferably ones with some calculation skills, as I mostly only have time to handle my wiki tasks nowadays, which is why I sent a notification to several of them above.

If you create a post that explains everything that you currently need evaluated here, that would be very helpful for them. 🙏
Ok. It's only been you and occasionally other staff like dalesean that's been accepting stuff. That's why I brought the rule up. There's going to be that one person that will eventually say "H3's revisions are invalid since they didn't follow this rule" even though rules are meant for order, and me doing the heavy-lifting in these revisions aren't really doing harm, but helping the IRL animal profiles more.

It's going to take a lot of time and reliving my trauma of someone naive but with good intentions on this. Since I'll have to read like, 30 pages worth of replies to make sure the revisions have a strong logical foundation for them being valid.

Future staff and people following this thread, prepare for a potentially large reply.

Ok. It's only been you and occasionally other staff like dalesean that's been accepting stuff. That's why I brought the rule up. There's going to be that one person that will eventually say "H3's revisions are invalid since they didn't follow this rule" even though rules are meant for order, and me doing the heavy-lifting in these revisions aren't really doing harm, but helping the IRL animal profiles more.

It's going to take a lot of time and reliving my trauma of someone naive but with good intentions on this. Since I'll have to read like, 30 pages worth of replies to make sure the revisions have a strong logical foundation for them being valid.

Future staff and people following this thread, prepare for a potentially large reply.
I'll also take a look at some of the calcs above when im off work later today

Thank you greatly for your help. This is a discussion thread for cleaning up our real world pages, so it is very important, but I have unfortunately been too busy with wiki edit-patrolling work and real world issues to properly help out with it and other content revisions here in this forum. 🙏

Basically this for any staff following vvv
The discussion rules say that a minimum of 2 staff members are needed to sign off a change in CRTs (I'll keep this in mind for the future)...And we have 2 threads worth of this CRT.

TL; DR, I need at least 1 more extra staff, a total of 2 to accept future revisions (either Thread Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats). And with a potentially large reply for this second CRT, 3 staff members of the aformentioned types (Thread Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats) or a high-quality assessment of the reply are needed for my potential reread of the 2 threads in order for the revisions to have a logical basis of stay on the profiles. And this is according to the approval rules here.

If I misinterpreted something, feel free to point it out.

Back