• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Range of Lavos (Base)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because not everything I do has the purpose of making Cal suffer.

Anyways, it has come to my attention that Base Lavos' range is currently listed as Planetary, but it actually is way bigger than that (shouldn't be that different from any of his incarnations, but it's mostly because even I overlooked this particular feat).

Base Lavos actually ripped the dimensions apart in 2400 AD, and engulfed all of Chronopolis, which was hurled ten thousand years back in time and Kid states that perhaps it was the awakening Lavos (all the way back in the Ocean Palace, in 12000 BC) who pulled it back to him all the while tampering with the timeline as a countermeasure in the offchance that he were to be destroyed .

While Kid says that "perhaps it was Lavos", Belthasar later confirms that yes, Lavos was indeed responsible for the phenomenon.

So Lavos caused a dimensional ripping phenomenon in order to pull something back to him that was more than 10000 years in the future and possibly in a different timeline altogether. This also goes hand in hand with his feats that were accepted on previous threads (such as BFRing Schala all the way to the Darkness Beyond Time outside the endless timelines), so I believe Base Lavos could get Cross-Dimensional range out of this or Multiversal+ such as his higher keys.

EDIT: On second thought and being more on the conservative side along with the discussion on the thread, Cross-Dimensional or Multi-Universal sounds more safe.

Wouldn't this be Multi-Universal range if multiple dimensions are affected? Don't think that it would qualify for Multiversal+

Multi-Universal wouldn't be too out of place since it does have the feat of BFRing Schala all the way to the DBT (which should be inacessible by means of Time or your everyday Dimensional Travel) and, as I mentioned, it's possible that this feat here was done from a different timeline altogether.

I'm saying Cross-Dimensional or Universal+ to play more on the safe-side, as when Kid says "dimensions ripping apart" here she's referring to the spatio-temporal dimensions around Chronopolis rather than two different dimensions as a whole.

I know, just wanted to specify. I can personally see multi-universal, but universe+ can work as a lowball if it's deemed too uncertain

Multi-Universal is possible, but I'd be ok with the 100% confirmed Universal+ as a lowball, yes.

Lavos needs more hype than Lucemon. I will find an argument to give the Chrono Cross' powers to the Dragon God.

The real cal howard said:
I get to remake Lavos bs BB now
Uhh, would (admittedly significantly) higher range actually change anything or is that just remaking it for the sake of remaking?

Give up, Cal. No more upgrades will ever come and if they do I'll debunk them myself no matter what it takes. That's like saying Ganon should get the powers of the master sword. ovo Its purpose is to kill it, no more no less. Accept Lucemon as your true lord and master.
Dundunduuun4
I DID IT ALL...

Lavos only lost because he couldn't take out all BB's across the timelines, similar to himself. But with that range, he could.

And so, I got reminded thanks Cal that yes, like Kaltias pointed out, Base Lavos' range should be Multi-Universal.

Based on:

1. The feat in the OP.

2. Its influence was present in two different dimensions/timelines, at the least. The 6 split facets of the Dragon God's avatar are able to cross between one alternate dimension to another and affect them rather casually. Base Lavos scales to that since even the original one who was >>> these six facets combined into its avatar was absorbed by the thing along with its powers, allowing it to also control said six facets.

3. In Chronopolis this was also explained in regards to his time interferences:

Range1
Range2

Range3

This one is more like research in regards to how "Lavoses from different timelines don't sound or behave like the same thing at all" (which really, is more points for the already added Acausality than anything), but might help in the implication of multi-universal-range as well since I don't think they would need to actually be tracing it across possible parallel worlds if it was interfering with a single timeline. So by now I feel more safe to say and think that yes, it's more solid rather than a "possibly" that the range is more like Multi-Universal as opposed to the Universal+ low-end.

LavosVolatile
Lavos2volatile

That moment where Azzy has such a history of debunking CRTs that sounded seemingly legit at first that even a seemingly harmless reply on his part actually gets me looking at the screen and contemplating whether or not he's serious and whether or not I'm forgetting something here. gives me sound support.

Dees
I w a n t t o b e l i e v e.

@Dragon That "I would be ok with Universal+" above before Kaltias pointing out the Multi-Universal was totally me saying inside "Look, this is the last CRT for Chrono I'll ever do, so I just want it to be over quickly and Multi-Universal might need more explanations which I'm kinda lazy to make."

...That's right, I'm so tired of the series, I wasn't willing to fight much for my own revision. ovo

Yes, this seems alright. Lavos should have Multi-universal range according to this.

That's the very reason why I was going "I w a n t t o b e l i e v e" after reading that answer. ded

Anyways, is this enough support for the change or do I wait for more input on this?

'k, in that case Cal can change it since the page is locked.

Multi-Universal was the consensus.

Don't try to slip anything more than that or I'll downgrade it to Building level because the Lightning spell damages it. ovo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back