• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Problem with Fighting Game Verses

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Weekly

That place alone could probably be High 8-C in size. How much of her body does it take up? It could probably warrant an 8-A ranking

@Arbitrary That seems a LOT bigger than High 8-C, 8-A seems like a closer approximation but if anyone else has an opinion of possibly a way to calc its size i'll hear it

Dont wanna be a part pooper, but, very few people are interested on KOF, so few it is almost concerning. Well, i guess we can discuss that later.

I will give you this, it will help you scaling Takuma to everyone else.

Screenshot 20180428-225941
And this is a scan of Kula tanking the Zero cannon.

Screenshot 20180428-225858

And, Takuma being able to tag that attack is relativistic.

I was about to post Syn Shenron (Dragon Ball GT) vs Onaga (Mortal Kombat 5-6-7) but the scale has Syn at so many tiers higher without even conaidering Onaga becoming the One Being or how strong he is strengthened with the Kamidogu that I think people would find it ridiculous.

I agree that Street Fighter has very poor scaling. Evil Ryu should certainly not scale to Akuma and since when was Bison shown to be stronger than Akuma??

Evil Ryu was shown to be on on Base Akuma's level, and with the Power of Nothingness is on Shin Akuma's level. And iirc, Street Fighter V Bison is above Base Akuma, but I'm not sure about Shin Akuma; Shin Akuma did oneshot stomp him casually a while back. But Oni Akuma stomps all of the above.

Chun Li's more of a Mid tier, so her feat could scale to a lot of characters, but something tells me Dan isn't the only fodder underdog. So it probably shouldn't scale to every single character who isn't god tier.

Right now, Cody is scaling to being stronger than Akuma, but which Akuma is referred to there? They're all high 7A.

Base Akuma, hopefully SFV shows Cody fighting him. He is a mayor now, he should not have the previous attidute that he had before.

Also, all of suppressed Cody's stats are circularly scaled.

Dark649 said:
Lonkitt said:
I agree that Street Fighter has very poor scaling. Evil Ryu should certainly not scale to Akuma and since when was Bison shown to be stronger than Akuma??
Evil Ryu is portrayed in Street Fighter Alpha and 4 to be comparable to Akuma, in the Alpha series Bison can empower Ryu to Evil Ryu and his rival is Akuma , in Street Fighter V Bison defeats V Trigger Necalli that can fight Evil Ryu .
A bit of a problem with that. Lets talk about SFV. In Akuma's story mode, Akuma fights Ryu, but with a twist. Ryu is using the Power of Nothingness. Not only that, but he states it's his full potiential. So, as expected, we now know that the Power of Nothingness is stronger than Ryu's Dark Hado. How does that fight go?

https://youtu.be/rgM2E2Kx6as?t=240

Ryu loses. We still can't call Ryu comparable here because Akuma states that he still is yet to find an equal. Plus he seems unfazed by the battle:

https://youtu.be/rgM2E2Kx6as?t=271

The Power of Nothingness at this point should be far stronger than Evil Ryu in Alpha, so Alpha Evil Ryu beating Shin Akuma appears to be an outlier.

As for M Bison, he has been stomped by Base Akuma multiple times:

https://youtu.be/z1j_8g_9XMk?t=120

https://youtu.be/NVQayK9pjyE?t=4

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111165599/3888083-bison+vs+akuma+#11+(6).png

(Although for the last one, I do not remember the complete context of that fight, so feel free to correct me)

Now as for Necalli, lets just assume Necalli is on par with Evil Ryu for this. Even before using Mudo Tensho on Necalli, Akuma he still beats him.

https://youtu.be/rgM2E2Kx6as?t=161

So this further supports Akuma > Evil Ryu.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
How can we be sure Ryu is using Power of Nothingness in the akuma story mode?

Or that he is post SFV Story Mode Ryu?
Well Akuma states it's the Mu no Ken vs the Satsui no Hado so yes, Ryu is using the Power of Nothingness.

I used to play MK but it seems anyone there can defeat anyone. If the plot needed it human Bella Swan (Twilight) would kick ass of Raiden, Shinnok, Onaga, Goro, Kitaro and Shao Kahn consecutively 1v1 (one afer another). Its simply that in the game every hero has his plot and during that he/she cant be beaten. He/She loses only when his plot ends and starts another. So I think the "Unknown" would be the best. As there is no consistency in results.

What if we use a similar rule/method to what we do for Marvel/DC scaling, since it's a similar situation where anyone can beat anyone else if the plot wants it

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Akuma is actually well known for holding back in the majority of fights he's been in. He has a similar honor code to Goku in which he refuses to finish his opponent unless they at least had a chance to demonstrate their full power, and would also at time purposely let his guard down to see his opponents true power.

And yeah, MK9 and MKX as mentioned above have way too much PIS to be taken literally. Though, not many people are a big fan of Unknow ratings and we prefer to have some legitimate feats. Raiden still has his own Town level feat that scales to the restricted versions of other gods like Shao kahn, Shinnok, and Onaga. There's also some details to tell if a fight is PIS or not; like Goro is legitimately much stronger than the average MK combatant physically, he's just not very smart and probably not very fast either. Raiden also holds back a lot whenever he's fighting someone other than Shao Kahn or Shinnok.

I would also like to mention, Laura should not scale to Base Ken. Ken was clearly holding back because he knew Laura was mistaken in trying to fight him. I think Laura Matsuda should be placed Unknown for now. What I do know is that she's most likely above Sean, though he is yet to get a rating.

Dark649 said:
MVCI scaling is bad, Base Utron Sigma has a 2-C hax from the stones, but he scales from Hulk grabbing a meteor in space for one his specials and destroying the Monster Hunter dragon alongsise Ryu. The fact Frank survived a battle with Thanos is bad.
MVCI has some annoying PIS. Hell, Frank even points out that Thanos would kill him.

Lonkitt said:
I would also like to mention, Laura should not scale to Base Ken. Ken was clearly holding back because he knew Laura was mistaken in trying to fight him. I think Laura Matsuda should be placed Unknown for now. What I do know is that she's most likely above Sean, though he is yet to get a rating.
No way dude, Laura fought on par with Base Ryu. And he wasn't holding back. She's fine where she is.

Before I go balls to the walls in KI pages I have to know, Glacius' lake freezing feat, is it accepted generally? Hellbeast1 has the details of a calc putting it at several gigatons, which I need to know if is accepted for me to give such rating to those who are weaker than the God and High tiers but scale from Glacius.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
And yeah, MK9 and MKX as mentioned above have way too much PIS to be taken literally. Though, not many people are a big fan of Unknow ratings and we prefer to have some legitimate feats. Raiden still has his own Town level feat that scales to the restricted versions of other gods like Shao kahn, Shinnok, and Onaga. There's also some details to tell if a fight is PIS or not; like Goro is legitimately much stronger than the average MK combatant physically, he's just not very smart and probably not very fast either. Raiden also holds back a lot whenever he's fighting someone other than Shao Kahn or Shinnok.
I've said this ad nauseaum, but just to be sure, I think that Liu Kang, Shinnok, Fujin, Amulets!Bi-Han, Shao Kahn, MKX & Elder Gods Champion Scorpion and MKX Sub-Zero should be Town Level. Perhaps some more that I may be missing rn.

Dark649 is actually revising them and made a new thread. characters will also have different stats based on two timelines. Right here

Numbersguy said:
got her ass kicked by C. Viper [Street Fighrer IV])
So makes sense several people scale to her. Ryu for example who beat the living out of Seth who was stronger than anyone else in the roster but Akuma and Gouken [Street Fighter IV], pulled a double ko with Charlie [Street Fighter V] and managed to beat normal Bison [Street Fighter V])
The outcome of the battle between Chun-Li and C.Viper wasn't officially stated. But yes, she's not that strong at all. Seth was also weaker than Bison and Guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back