• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Problem with Fighting Game Verses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
I suppose that this seems to make sense, but the problem is that feats to scale from are usually scarce for these characters, and we cannot wave a magic wand to make them appear, so a lot of characters would likely end up with unknown statistics if we devoted lots of time and effort to this,
Fighting games actually tend to have a lot of feats once they are actually looked into in-depth.

So since plenty of fighting game verses are wonky in the scaling, are we going to split into different teams to work on each different verse?

This is not something I want to do myself, of course not. This is an issue I wish to raise awareness of to the whole wiki.

Well about Tekken, it's better to discuss about it later if you want to in my FF. net account.

Dark649 said:
For Mortal Kombat: Raiden, Fujin, Argus, Liu Kang, All Powers Shujinko, Shinnok, Onaga and Shao Kahn are 7-C.

Empowered Sindel, Heavens Nightwolf, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob, Daegon, Taven, Green PIS Johnny and Cassie 7-C ratings need to be analyzed more. Same for Shang Tsung and Quan Chi since Shang Tsung needed to sneak attack Liu Kang in order to kill him.
By MKX Scorpion should definetly be Town level. He beat bloodlusted Raiden and, while holding himself back from killing, managed to beat Johnny, Cassie and Sonya, one after the another without rest, and then still had the energy to fight and kill Quan Chi. But that's the strongest incarnation of Scorpion in MK history, tho.

I don't know much about the rest, but I also think Sub-Zero should be 7-C. As far as I can remember, he's rather equal to Scorpion in the MK series.

Well, in order to make any constructive changes people would have to try to find quite a lot of fighting game feat calculations.

@Dark649

And Raidan was harmed by Quan Chi, Fuji was harmed and nearly killed by a fodder demon.

Dark649 said:
MKX Scorpion was stabbed by D'vorah and oneshotted by Shinnok.
PIS when analysing other feats, and even if not so, a large amount of energy over very small areas (Which is stabbing) can perforate defenses otherwise too large to conveniently wound.

Oneshotted by Shinnok after he had fought Johnny, Sonya and Cassie while restraining himself, and using his remaining energy to fight and kill Quan Chi.

@Dark649
And Raidan was harmed by Quan Chi, Fuji was harmed and nearly killed by a fodder demon.

Well Liu Kang was defeated by Jax, even if he was reduced by a Revenant he should have won. I get it the MKX scaling is one of the worst.

MK is just bad.

I don't even think it was stated that Revenats are weaker than their alive selves.

I have watched some matches, but Karmod and Clyde should know it.

Note: I know Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur and mainly Tekken, but not so much of Skullgirl, Killer Instict and Guilty Gear.

Well, in the introduction, Gargos throws Jago out of a portal aimed at earth.

So, Jago can at least survive in space and atmospherical re entry.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Wait, there's a Killer Instinct story mode?
They are more like episodes, but there is the Shadow Lords Mode where the story reaches the apparent conclusion.

I think we should divide [as cooperation] many users from this task, some others like me will check the other ones that are know, but its my opinion.

Sorry, a bit off topic but what tier would someone be for having a space large enough to contain a civilization inside their body? Relevant to the conversation i promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back