• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Power of the Maw (Vanilla Ice vs Alex Mercer)

Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 12.29.27 PM
Alex Mercer-0

Speed Equalized

Both are at their strongest.

Takes place at Dio's Mansion in Cario at night.

Vanilla Ice : 4 (Tacticalnuke, Ciruno, Iapatus, PixelKirby)

Alex Mercer : 8 (Sun man, Deathnoodles, Schnee, Dark, Jacky, IvoryAS, Tony di bugalu, Jimbo)

vanila ice can't bybass mercer regen and mercer one shots the second he gets his hands on vanila via his inormasly higer ap

and he will get his hands on him since vanila is a bit of a moron and mercer is preaty much a geniuse

Honesly, I think Vanilla takes this. The void is pretty much undetectable if you don't know what to look for and its large enough to eat Mercer in one go.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Honesly, I think Vanilla takes this. The void is pretty much undetectable if you don't know what to look for and its large enough to eat Mercer in one go.
yeah but this in charater and as long as there is even a bit of mercer left the void ain't killing him and we always see vanila not complitly destroing the fighter(abduls hands egis upper body ect.) plus vanila can't see while in the void so he is firing randomly meaning he dose need to get out of it to see and thats where mercer basicly takes it

mercer for all intence and perpuses needs to survived geting hit by it once since vanila can't see while in cream so he moves in staight line and the second he pops out of it mercer would hit him once and the guy would pop like a baloon(9A durability vs 7c attack potency)

and egy was standing still he still didn't destroy his whole body and his a tiny dog

Iggy was dying and a non- threat. The target was Polnareff. Also, Even if Alex gets hit, he's kinda screwed since from his profile, he needs to absorb biomass to regen that level of damage. Except Cream won't let him cuz it has a habit of cleaning up (like when he ate Avdol's hands afterwards).

he needs to consume only when he is out of bio mass

and this is mercer at his strongest aka the final of prototype two the guy had more than enough bio mass to fill up NYC getting rid of all that bio mass either requires you too kill him in one hit or constantly go at him

Not voting yet but I will say Mercer's limits have at times been wanked on this wiki, so hoping this actually goes into more detail as it's interesting to say the least

TacticalNuke002 said:
Well, Cream feasts for a while then.
ageing the problem is the second vanila ice pops up from cream its death for him

he'll be dead in a single punch(9A durability) or kick or anything really and looking at his fight with polnareff he pops up ever so often to see if he actually hit his target(since his blind in cream) and i'd say destroying the amount of biomass that mercer has would take him quite a while

plus this takes place in dio's menshion so mercer can predict where cream will be going by the wholes he leaves in the floor/sealing/walls since vanila is "very smart" with cream and only moves in streight lines and it would be that hard to figure out that he dose only that since polnareff was able to figure it out.

ageing the problem is the second vanila ice pops up from cream its death for him

he'll be dead in a single punch(9A durability) or kick or anything really and looking at his fight with polnareff he pops up ever so often to see if he actually hit his target(since his blind in cream) and i'd say destroying the amount of biomass that mercer has would take him quite a while

plus this takes place in dio's menshion so mercer can predict where cream will be going by the wholes he leaves in the floor/sealing/walls since vanila is "very smart" with cream and only moves in streight lines and it would be that hard to figure out that he dose only that since polnareff was able to figure it out.

Ice has 8-C dura

TheArsenal1212 said:

Ice has 8-C dura

no cream has 8c dura vanilas actuall body has 9-A

TheArsenal1212 said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Vanilla_Ice
It literally says he is atleast 8-C and 8-C with Cream

So yeah he has 8-C dura
although the reason for it is preaty meh since jotaro pull his punches, cuse one second he punches holes the size of melons through dio with ease the next people who clearly are way weaker then dio physicly don't explode after risiving a hundreds of punches from star platinum

Honestly, I would've considered this match to be inconclusive (or possibly even a victory in Vanilla's favour) if not for one reason: Vanilla Ice can't see while he is attacking in the void.

Being a sphere of space-destroying void that destroys matter is all fine and dandy, but Vanilla Ice literally cannot see while is in that state, essentially making him blind in combat. This limitation forces him to have to stop and look out of his dimension every time in order to see where his opponents is and know the current situation he's in. This limitation is practically the main reason why he lost to Polnareff.

Against a walking, sapient virus like Mercer who would start to infect everything around him with his viral vapours at the beginning of the match (which he has done in Prototype 2, infecting an entire city in a relatively short span of time, and would've infected the city quicker if it weren't for Blackwatch fighting back against the infected and trying to quarantine the infection), Vanilla Ice would literally get infected the moment he open his stand's mouth to peek out of it. The fact that Cream seems to absorb matter into its mouth into an unknown dimension also shows that it doesn't actually erase matter from existence completely, thus Cream would just end up sucking up all the infected gases and get Vanilla Ice himself infected. The fact that the location is an a closed space like Dio's Mansion would make Vanilla's chances of getting infected even higher, especially since an environment with a closed space like that would end up having the entire mansion be filled with infected gases. With something with such a great infection scale like the Blacklight Virus (which should be capable of infecting both living beings and inanimate objects like its predecessor, the Redlight Virus), I doubt even Vanilla's vampiric Regenerationn would save him from that. As the Blacklight Virus that has infected the original Alex Mercer's corpse reconstructed his entire body cell by cell, this shows that the Blacklight Virus should at least be capable of infecting at a cellular level, thus the cellular-level infection should overwhelm Vanilla's potential High-Mid Regenerationn (infecting every single cell in his body). At this point, Vanilla might as well be dealing with a being that is potentially far worse than Pannacotta Fugo's Purple Haze.

Mercer's puddle regenerating feat via crow's biomass should mean that he should have enough biomass to survive and regenerate from Vanilla's blind attacking as an undetectable void-sphere (At this state, I doubt he could annihilate matter whole like he could with Cream's mouth, as he only seems to destroy a sizeable chunk of Polnareff's flesh upon getting a hit), which should allow him to last long enough to infect Vanilla. Or, you know, Mercer can just punch a hole through one of the windows/walls and get out of the building and wait for Vanilla to get infected (which he should be intelligent enough to plan such a strategy, as he has the knowledge and memories of thousands of people, which includes military soldiers and commanders). I'd say Mercer wins this with mid-high difficulty.

DeathNoodles said:
Honestly, I would've considered this match to be inconclusive (or possibly even a victory in Vanilla's favour) if not for one reason: Vanilla Ice can't see while he is attacking in the void.
Being a sphere of space-destroying void that destroys matter is all fine and dandy, but Vanilla Ice literally cannot see while is in that state, essentially making him blind in combat. This limitation forces him to have to stop and look out of his dimension every time in order to see where his opponents is and know the current situation he's in. This limitation is practically the main reason why he lost to Polnareff.

Against a walking, sapient virus like Mercer who would start to infect everything around him with his viral vapours at the beginning of the match (which he has done in Prototype 2, infecting an entire city in a relatively short span of time, and would've infected the city quicker if it weren't for Blackwatch fighting back against the infected and trying to quarantine the infection), Vanilla Ice would literally get infected the moment he open his stand's mouth to peek out of it. The fact that Cream seems to absorb matter into its mouth into an unknown dimension also shows that it doesn't actually erase matter from existence completely, thus Cream would just end up sucking up all the infected gases and get Vanilla Ice himself infected. The fact that the location is an a closed space like Dio's Mansion would make Vanilla's chances of getting infected even higher, especially since an environment with a closed space like that would end up having the entire mansion be filled with infected gases. With something with such a great infection scale like the Blacklight Virus (which should be capable of infecting both living beings and inanimate objects like its predecessor, the Redlight Virus), I doubt even Vanilla's vampiric Regenerationn would save him from that. As the Blacklight Virus that has infected the original Alex Mercer's corpse reconstructed his entire body cell by cell, this shows that the Blacklight Virus should at least be capable of infecting at a cellular level, thus the cellular-level infection should overwhelm Vanilla's potential High-Mid Regenerationn (infecting every single cell in his body). At this point, Vanilla might as well be dealing with a being that is potentially far worse than Pannacotta Fugo's Purple Haze.

Mercer's puddle regenerating feat via crow's biomass should mean that he should have enough biomass to survive and regenerate from Vanilla's blind attacking as an undetectable void-sphere (At this state, I doubt he could annihilate matter whole like he could with Cream's mouth, as he only seems to destroy a sizeable chunk of Polnareff's flesh upon getting a hit), which should allow him to last long enough to infect Vanilla. Or, you know, Mercer can just punch a hole through one of the windows/walls and get out of the building and wait for Vanilla to get infected (which he should be intelligent enough to plan such a strategy, as he has the knowledge and memories of thousands of people, which includes military soldiers and commanders). I'd say Mercer wins this with mid-high difficulty.
now thats a hell of an argument

Actually, my argument sort of... Debunked any arguments in Vanilla's Ice favour.

The only victory condition that Vanilla Ice has is that his Stand, Cream, can swallow the target whole with its space-sucking mouth. But that's even assuming Vanilla can pull that off when the entire building is flooded with infectious viral gases.

So technically, Vanilla Ice has 0 valid votes.

DeathNoodles said:
Actually, my argument sort of... Debunked any arguments in Vanilla's Ice favour.
The only victory condition that Vanilla Ice has is that his Stand, Cream, can swallow the target whole with its space-sucking mouth. But that's even assuming Vanilla can pull that off when the entire building is flooded with infectious viral gases.

So technically, Vanilla Ice has 0 valid votes.
yeah i know

but TacticalNuke002 still has a vote for ice

so its

mercer:2 ( deathnoodles, sir sun man)

ice:1 (tacticalnuke002)

Firstly, Vanilla Ice may be fighting blind but he is not as reliant on looking out every now and then as DeathNoodles had said. He was giving chase to Polnareff and Iggy and managing to accurately graze them without looking at them for long stretches of time. Its probably because he knows the ins and outs of DIO's mansion really well and can thus predict where the enemies could run off to. Normally, his weakness would have come into play, but since they ARE fighting in DIO's mansion, the weakness is greatly reduced.

Secondly, Alex doesn't have large size or anything, so I don't see why Cream won't eat at least 80% of his body in the first hit. Granted, his regen is good enough, and he has enough biomass to regen quickly, but will it be fast enough before Cream cleans up what's left and eats the parts lying around as well.

Thirdly, the unknown dimension =/= where Vanilla hides. If it were the same space, he wouldn't remark that he doesn't know where Avdol got sent, so the viruses aren't going to be in contact with him.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Firstly, Vanilla Ice may be fighting blind but he is not as reliant on looking out every now and then as DeathNoodles had said. He was giving chase to Polnareff and Iggy and managing to accurately graze them without looking at them for long stretches of time. Its probably because he knows the ins and outs of DIO's mansion really well and can thus predict where the enemies could run off to. Normally, his weakness would have come into play, but since they ARE fighting in DIO's mansion, the weakness is greatly reduced.
Secondly, Alex doesn't have large size or anything, so I don't see why Cream won't eat at least 80% of his body in the first hit. Granted, his regen is good enough, and he has enough biomass to regen quickly, but will it be fast enough before Cream cleans up what's left and eats the parts lying around as well.

Thirdly, the unknown dimension =/= where Vanilla hides. If it were the same space, he wouldn't remark that he doesn't know where Avdol got sent, so the viruses aren't going to be in contact with him.
i like how you completely looked over the argument that mercer could just break through a wall of the mension or just collapse it entirely after realseing a large number of black light spores basicly making it a no win condition for ice as even if he kills mercer(which is unlikly) when he would get out of cream he would either die to the spores or to sunlight make it an inconlusive at best for him

cuse mercer will survieve one(or a two or three ect.) hit thats a certainly

He could, but will he? I don't know Prototype well enough but Mercer destroying the entire building just because he took damage from an invisible source seems incredibly out of character. Also, how fast is his Regenerationn?

mate his main attack in that kind of situation would be the devestators as he is not only unsure what is attacking him but also where it comes form and using an aoe in this kind of situation would be basic logic and his devestators can level city blocks via sheer scaling and thats prototype 1 while prototype 2 is well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnJbokRI2vA 3:30-3:50(all of that bio mass heller got from mercer)

Alex's regen is strong but it won't let him overcome this. If a chunk of his body disapepars that's a good portion of his biomass based on how much body mass he left. The more damage he takes means less regen evne if he can recover. See with James Heller fight.

I think that using AOE attacks would definitely work, but that's if Cream is not active. AOE attacks are likely but I doubt it would be enough.

Alex is gonna be offed.

Voting for Vanilla Ice.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Alex's regen is strong but it won't let him overcome this. If a chunk of his body disapepars that's a good portion of his biomass based on how much body mass he left. The more damage he takes means less regen evne if he can recover. See with James Heller fight.
I think that using AOE attacks would definitely work, but that's if Cream is not active. AOE attacks are likely but I doubt it would be enough.

Alex is gonna be offed.

Voting for Vanilla Ice.
You skiped over the fact that mercer can release black light spores that would kill ice the second he opened up cream or got out of it

not to mention if mercer used an AOE he would level dios mension to the ground and vanila is a vamipire and the second he got out of cream he'd die to the sun

Back