• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for Strongest Non-Smurf #3: Dio Brando vs Alex Mercer

I mean, Alex Mercer has a bit of a history of being matched up against Jojo characters, so I can't blame you for that. :p

I don't know. Lets wait and see if there are any Jojo supporters that can think of any valid reasons in DIO's favour.

>alex

>not a smurf

you fokin wot mate

Technically Dio can plant a mind control bud into Alex...

If the virus will not infect the bud.

Or Dio can throw Alex into a volcano with a road roller and let the Earth mantle cook him to death... But more times than not Alex absorbs and calls a day. Assuming Dio is resistant against the virus gassing (which may actually boost strong characters like Dio - James Heller did before).

Jasonsith said:
Technically Dio can plant a mind control bud into Alex...

mercer already resisted better mind control

If the virus will not infect the bud.

he will most likely just absorb it on contact

Or Dio can throw Alex into a volcano with a road roller and let the Earth mantle cook him to death... But more times than not Alex absorbs and calls a day

what? where did the volcano come from exactly?

Assuming Dio is resistant against the virus gassing (which may actually boost strong characters like Dio - James Heller did before).

he isn't, heller got infected by mercer directly, dio never showed any resistence towrds infections of such a level as black light before so he gets gassed and that would be that

Mercer resists Mind Manipulation at a greater scale than any mindhax potency that Dio has ever shown. He also resists Biological Manipulation.

These flesh buds would be absorbed by Mercer via touch, or gets their molecules passively infected by the Blacklight Virus for making direct contact with Mercer's inner systems.

Dio has never shown an in-character method of throwing a character into a volcano, so he wouldn't do that unless we actually see showings of Dio physically leading a target into a volcano, which doesn't matter much anyways as Mercer has resistance to Heat Manipulation at a scale that's likely even hotter than magma (survives a nuclear fireball and endured explosions from thermobaric weapons). And assuming Dio can resist the Blacklight Virus via scaling to James Heller's PIS resistance is a fundamentally flawed logic, as Dio is not James Heller (and James Heller was purposely infected by Mercer directly, in a manner that was not supposed to kill him or turn him into a mere mindless infected). The moment Dio gets his body infected by the Blacklight Virus would be the moment that all traces of him at the molecular level is under Mercer's control - along with Dio becoming a mindless infected - and Dio can't do anything about it once it happens.

All DIO's time stops does is delay the inevitable, with him not being able to keep up his time stop spams forever as his stamina isn't limitless like Mercer's, so he would get defeated the moment he gets worn down and Mercer makes contact with Dio. I don't see how Dio can deal with a being whose regenerative abilities are superior to even canon Ultimate Kars.

Mercer isn't just limited to just absorbing Dio as a win condition. He can just unleash omnidirectional gasses that infects Dio the moment any traces of it makes contact with him outside of a time stop (and there would be no way for Dio to know that those gasses are more than just a smokescreen and are actually dangerous). I doubt DIO can evade and clear out all of the gasses sent at him, even with time stop.

So another hax stomp for the halted game protagonist/antagonist right? Admin please lock this.

So, is there anyone else that disagrees about this match being a stomp? If not, then we can get this thread closed.

there is next to nothing dio can do about mercers regen and mercer has about every way consivable to kill DIO so the fight end with mercer gaining the ability to time stop

I wonder if James Heller matchups will have the same result...

Kwonto96 said:
Actually I know someone who can beat alex mercer in the same category/tier range.
Same, but those characters are even more smurf-esque.

Back