• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Post Tournament of Power Dragon Ball Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Okay this is a thing that has now become an issue. We've made a rule that states that no DBS revisions should be done post Tournament of Power. However, apparently this has caused more problems then they have been fixing them. However, at the same time I don't want a DBS Revision EVERY week.

So I've come up with some compromises and I feel that we as a community should vote. I have 3 routes and Matt has come up with one other we could take with this. And just so you know, I hate the fact that Dragon Ball is like the one verse that causes such a mess over arc revisions.

So here's our choices

1) We can keep the rule.

2) We can get rid of the rule.

3) We could do revsions for the Tournament of Power as of now, and do another later. That way we won't be overwhelmed with countless things at once.

4) Matt's suggestion: We create a "Dragon Ball Super General Revisions" thread for people to discuss things related to Tiering and Revisions there, and there alone. This way, there will always be an ongoing Dragon Ball Super revisions without the need for 5 new threads to pop up every week.

What do you all think?

Here's what can be done:

We create a "Dragon Ball Super General Revisions" thread for people to discuss things related to Tiering and Revisions there, and there alone. This way, there will always be an ongoing Dragon Ball Super revisions without the need for 5 new threads to pop up every week.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Here's what can be done:
We create a "Dragon Ball Super General Revisions" thread for people to discuss things related to Tiering and Revisions there, and there alone. This way, there will always be an ongoing Dragon Ball Super revisions without the need for 5 new threads to pop up every week.
I will add that to the OP.

Also, if the problem is also an influx of anons, fanboys and haters who appear out of nowhere every time there's a Dragon Ball Revision going, you can easily make such a thread restricted for Staff and a few Non-Staff users who are trusted relating to Dragon Ball, and have the thread be closely moderated by Admins to maintain order.

I do think we should space out revision. Theirs a LOT of things to cover on this tournament and it's not ending any time soon. If we wait to the end it will implode and become extremely unmanageable.

Theirs a lot of elephants in the room for this arc so we should cover ONE big revision(maybe talk about the dypso epsidpe first) at a time so we can handle it.

I propose to review just the elements outside / before the tournament of power, the revision of the tournament will be done to that end, it is my opinion

I believe if there are going to be revisions before the conclusion, they need to be "matter of fact" statements or calculable feats. Anything involving scaling should be done at a later date.

Honestly, we should've been revising everything up until the actual tournament started. That way, any feats that occur or any contradictions that come up can be addressed right then in there, instead of having to scroll back all the way to the BoG arc, and start from the ground up.

That's honestly the biggest one. The smaller ones are the Angel's and Zeno haxes. Because at this point at least the Angels have shown themselves to be reality warpers, along with other things.

We can just add the hax to the pages as they show up. I don't understand the need to keep Dragon Ball so closely monitored. Any Admin can do it.

I personally trust SomebodyData more than anyone else on this wiki when it comes to Dragon Ball.

SomebodyData said:
Did we ever talk about Frieza resisting the GoD energy?
Well, I beleive we said that said GoD was not = to Hakai. So I don't know what to do there.

So basically just soul erasure resistance? @Dragon.

Still pretty neat.

@Matt thx

@Matt

I agree, but we do have to all work together here. Dragon Ball isn't just an ordinary verse that only needs 1, 2 or 3 people governing it, due to it being so controversial in nature.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Well, I beleive we said that said GoD was not = to Hakai. So I don't know what to do there.
But he resisted the existence erasure It is said that this ball can make disappear from reality

Dragonmasterxyz said:
@Matt
I agree, but we do have to all work together here. Dragon Ball isn't just an ordinary verse that only needs 1, 2 or 3 people governing it, due to it being so controversial in nature.
3 people would honestly be able to manage it if they are intelligent and unbiased.

Well we'll discuss that on that thread...when we make it. I'll do so in a minute.

Grudgeman1706 said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Dyspo is honestly not even worth discussing.
Matt it's definitely something that is ahd will be discussed.
It likely will be brought up, but it isn't worth a discussion at all. It's a simple case of "Writers don't know how fast their characters are."

Grudge, it isn't.

If someone honestly thinks that Massively FTL+ Dragon Ball is sketchy due to one statement that frankly doesn't contradict anything when it has so many Massively FTL+ feats (Even Watagash is MFTL), then said someone clearly has something against the series.

@Matt their are solid arguments I can make for that episode and I know plenty more can say about that episode. If we sit down and carefully talk it out like good gents we can reach a consensus.

To say their isn't a worth in discussing it is just being biased and purposely ignoring it because it disagrees with your views.

@Grudge

It isn't a solid argument. The argument is basically "The statement implies that they are only FTL and thus that should overwrite all the feats".

Which is completely biased and ignores the way things are done in any Verse.

The official speed ratings for the Super Sentai and Power Rangers characters are all Subsonic and some Sentai shows treat Super Speed itself as an individual power only some characters have. This doesn't at all change the fact that there are Massively FTL+ Sentai characters by feats.

It isn't a solid argument. The argument is basically "The statement implies that they are only FTL and thus that should overwrite all the feats".

First didn't even say my argument yet wait until he thread happens.

Which is completely biased and ignores the way things are done in any Verse.

Every verse is different and every verse needs to be evaluated in heir own way and we need to stop going with "this verse does this as well" argument.

The official speed ratings for the Super Sentai and Power Rangers characters are all Subsonic and some Sentai shows treat Super Speed itself as an individual power only some characters have. This doesn't at all change the fact that there are Massively FTL+ Sentai characters by feats.

Again not DBS, I don't know nor do I care for how we rate super sentai/power ranger characters. If you think it's faulty too by all means go point it out. This is about dragon ball and that alone and we will be arguing based on physical and factual evidence presented in the show and by a case by case basis.

Grudge, whether or not the points about PR/SS don't deal with DBS directly is irrelevant.

Feats > statements, always have been, always will be. Just because Dyspo claims he can only go FTL doesn't matter when they have several MFTL feats.

Upgrading people to FTL based upon a single character statement despite their feats and powerscaling blatantly contradicting it is always shut down immediately, yet for some reason downgrading people to FTL based upon a single character statement despite their feats and powerscaling blatantly contradicting it seems to be just fine to many.

"Every verse is different and every verse needs to be evaluated in heir own way and we need to stop going with "this verse does this as well" argument."

The argument isn't that. The argument is to point out how hypocritical it is to blatantly ignore numerous feats from a Verse because of one single vague statement out of favouritism.

"This is about dragon ball and that alone and we will be arguing based on physical and factual evidence presented in the show and by a case by case basis."

You mean factual evidence like

• Whis and Vados crossing universes and Beerus having a speed around 3/4 that of the angels
  • Beerus flying from his home nebula to the dinosaur planet in minutes
  • Zamasu crossing universes
  • Watagash flying from an unknown Solar System to Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back