• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ayanokoji Kiyotaka vs Light Yagami

Plot:
After the events of COTE Year 1...
Ayanokoji gets a misterious phone call. On the other end is his father. He informs him about the seriel killer god known as 'Kira' and offers him a deal.

"If you can catch Kira, you'll have your freedom."

Ayanokoji accepts and begins his hunt for Kira. Will he earn his freedom? Or will he get mysterious death like the rest of Kira's victims?

On the other side...
Ryuk finds out about this information. To create an interesting situation for him to witness, he tells Light.

"A certain genius 'X' is out to get you. What will you do?"

Light starts preparing to take out 'X' before 'X' takes him out. Will he get caught and executed? Or will he prevail and keep working towards becoming the God of the new world?

Rules:
  • Current Ayanokoji is used.
  • Ayanokoji has access to all his equipment and his father's resources.
  • Light has access to all his equipment and his father's resources.
  • Ayanokoji is in ANHS, but has permission to leave whenever he pleases.
  • Light is at his house in Kanto.
  • Events happening before the Lind L. Tailor incident.
  • L and Misa don't exist.
  • Ayanokoji's Stats:
    • AP: 13.2 Kilojoules
    • Speed: 72++ m/s
  • Light's Stats:
    • AP: 1.5 Kilojoules, Death Manipulation via Death Note
    • Speed: at least 7.7 m/s (Base Athletic Human)

Wincons:
  • Ayanokoji finds Light and pays him a visit.
  • Light finds Ayanokoji's identity and writes his name in a certain diary.

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka (0):
Light Yagami (0):
Inconclusive (0):

Making this again because the last one is almost a year old.
And also because Ayanokoji has gained new feats and abilities since then.

Extraordinary Genius vs Genius.
General Intelligence ratings such as Extraordinary Genius or Genius just shows the superiority of a character in the information processing speed, strategies construction, knowledge, prediction ability and narrative superiority in such categories. But most of the other areas such as manipulation, deception, negotiation, or other kinds of social influencing, the person's emotional intelligence, social intelligence etc. remain unexplored most of the times, for ratings above Genius.

In fact, Omniscience as a tier isn't truly just a boost to a person's intelligence overall, but only their knowledge and general intelligence, and there are examples in fiction where characters with lower levels of intellect have outsmarted omniscience.

Either way, the point is that you can be a Genius and still trouble an Extraordinary Genius. In Year 2 Volume 4, Kiyotaka himself was troubled by Takuya Yagami (he's an Above Genius, but not an extraordinary genius), and had to save an opportunity to expel him, though he still canonically very low diffed him later on.

I forgot you can make VS threads that aren't actual battles of strength but instead of other things. Shit, maybe I should do one with Baku vs Koji or L someday in gambling or smth.

Regardless, idk jack about Ayano except for S1 of the anime. Apparently Rogger has given reasoning for Koji in another thread, can I see the reasoning for why Koji wins?

I forgot you can make VS threads that aren't actual battles of strength but instead of other things. Shit, maybe I should do one with Baku vs Koji or L someday in gambling or smth.

Regardless, idk jack about Ayano except for S1 of the anime. Apparently Rogger has given reasoning for Koji in another thread, can I see the reasoning for why Koji wins?

Also, here's a YT video talking about the same and explaining how Kiyotaka would win, it just matches my arguments till some extent as well.

Back