• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ayanokoji Kiyotaka vs Light Yagami

Concept:
After the events of COTE Year 1...
Ayanokoji gets a misterious phone call. On the other end is his father. He informs him about the seriel killer god known as 'Kira' and offers him a deal.

"If you can catch Kira, you'll have your freedom."

Ayanokoji accepts and begins his hunt for Kira. Will he earn his freedom? Or will he get mysterious death like the rest of Kira's victims?

On the other side...
Ryuk finds out about this information. To create an interesting situation for him to witness, he tells Light.

"A certain genius 'X' is out to get you. What will you do?"

Light starts preparing to take out 'X' before 'X' takes him out. Will he get caught and executed? Or will he prevail and keep working towards becoming the God of the new world?

Rules:
  • ANHS key Ayanokoji is used.
  • Ayanokoji has access to all his equipment and his father's resources.
  • Light has access to all his equipment and his father's resources.
  • Ayanokoji is in ANHS, but has permission to leave whenever he pleases.
  • Light is at his house in Kanto.
  • Events happening before the Lind L. Tailor incident.
  • L and Misa don't exist.

Wincons:
  • Ayanokoji finds Light and pays him a visit.
  • Light finds Ayanokoji's identity and writes his name in a certain diary.

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka (2): @XxZetsuxX, @Doggo,
Light Yagami (4): @RoggerReggor, @MassiveMeddlers, @James_Plays_4_Games, @King_Dom470,
Inconclusive (0):

Last edited:
What makes you say that?
Not sure, just have a feeling that Light has a massive advantage since he already knows Koji's last name, Koji however has nothing to go of and has to search the whole of the world (he would narrow it down to Japan quickly but still) while Light has to narrow it down to the few people in the world with the last name Koji, I'm sure he could figure it out.

Although Koji is smarter then Light, the advantage is to big to Light

Not sure, just have a feeling that Light has a massive advantage since he already knows Koji's last name, Koji however has nothing to go of and has to search the whole of the world (he would narrow it down to Japan quickly but still) while Light has to narrow it down to the few people in the world with the last name Koji, I'm sure he could figure it out.

Although Koji is smarter then Light, the advantage is to big to Light
'Kiyotaka' is apparently common a first name and last name in Japan. So it'll be hard to narrow it down to Ayano. Rn both Light and Ayano know that their opponent is in Japan.

I was originally gonna give light "A certain genius 'X' is out to get you. What will you do?" but I thought that'd be too unfair.
Does that work better here?

'Kiyotaka' is apparently common a first name and last name in Japan. So it'll be hard to narrow it down to Ayano. Rn both Light and Ayano know that their opponent is in Japan.

I was originally gonna give light "A certain genius 'X' is out to get you. What will you do?" but I thought that'd be too unfair.
Does that work better here?
Light still has an advantage, I'll wait for more people before saying my vote though

Now the question is, did they at least see each other? Because there are so many people with the same name and no information is given to distinguish them. How will they find each other? It's like finding a Jack Smith in America.

If physical descriptions are given
I assume that Ayanokoji probably went abroad in some way, maybe for study or traveling or with father. Light's father is a policeman. Ayanokoji's record must be with the police database because you can't leave the country without fingerprint. Yagami can find it here.

Now the question is, did they at least see each other? Because there are so many people with the same name and no information is given to distinguish them. How will they find each other? It's like finding a Jack Smith in America.
They haven't.
If physical descriptions are given
I assume that Ayanokoji probably went abroad in some way, maybe for study or traveling or with father. Light's father is a policeman. Ayanokoji's record must be with the police database because you can't leave the country without fingerprint. Yagami can find it here.
He wouldn't know who to look for though.
Until Ayanokoji does something to make his presence known(like L did when he revealed Kira's existance) Light will have no idea who X is.

Now there are a few problems. Imagine there are 2 people with the same name. Neither one of them is a yagami. But they are both named yagami light. the one known as kira's power is only to kill evil. how he does it is unknown, so ayanakoji can never have the knowledge to distinguish the real yagami from the other yagami. Maybe he kills by thinking. He can't know that. They must have realized this problem in Death note as well, because they immediately downgraded the area from all of Japan to city level. So my question is. Does Light continue to kill while he's still being searched?

So, here's how I see this going. Ayanokoji will form a hypothesis and narrow down Light's location to Kanto region in Japan the same way L did due to his superior intelligence but unlike L, he won't reveal himself.

Ayanokoji(especially Year1 Ayanokoji) manipulates from the shadows without attracting any attention to himself. He'd probably use forums(like the ones that gave Kira his name) that are in support or in opposition of Kira and manipulate people there into performing different acts, be it against Kira or something in the name of Kira to gauge his reactions, maturity, intel gathering skills and resources.

For example:
He could find a forum that supports Kira. There he could claim to be Kira and from there use his father's resources and information to find a corrupt politician and slip something into his food/drink that'd make him publically die of a stroke or something and frame it as a heart attack, convinsing these few people that he is Kira. He'd create a cult like following with these people overime before using them as his pawns.

From there he'd command these people to do acts in the name of Kira, that would ruin the reputation of the real Kira to see how Light would react. At the same time he'd set them up to get caught by the police in the act and use his father's authority to only release the names and faces of only a few people, set those few people to get interviewed live where the'd have been given instructions to reval the names of the others to reveal only the names of the other perpetrators and sprout ideologies in the name of Kira that go against Light's ideology.

Kira without a doubt will kill the ones who appear on the interview, giving Ayanokoji a solid grasp of how Light's reactions and if he can kill the ones who didn't appear on TV(which he will), ayanokoji will deduce that he has access to police intel. Getting him all the intel L gathered.

He didn't stop while L was looking for him so he won't stop here either.
Then I think he would have done something simpler than what you wrote above. He would realize that he was a student from the death time and put a detective after all the yagami lights who were students. He's rich anyway.
Edit:But that still doesn't solve how to find the real yagami.

Then I think he would have done something simpler than what you wrote above. He would realize that he was a student from the death time and put a detective after all the yagami lights who were students. He's rich anyway.
Edit:But that still doesn't solve how to find the real yagami.
He wouldn't know about the name 'Light Yagami' tho.
The info Ayano and Light will have after the stratagy I used earlier will be:
(Note: Ayano will obviously have something more efficient and better than what I came up with)
Ayanokoji:
  • Kira is in the Kanto region of Japan.
  • He needs a name and a face to kill.
  • He's a student(from the time of killings.).
  • He has an ego and a strong(but misguided) sense of justice.
  • He has access to police intel.

Light:
  • Someone called X is out to get him.
  • X is a genius.
  • X orchestrated the whole event by manipulating the forum users. (Light could use the death note to make one of the victims write a message or letter detailing why he did what he did to get intel on X.)
  • X doesn't care about human life and will sacrifise whatever he needs to, to catch Light.

Last edited:
Now there is a situation like this. If it is certain that ayanokoji will kill light, it means that ryuk will write it in the book. In short, Ryuk knows who Ayanokoji is. This could mean that he can learn his name through an exchange of information such as an eye swap.

My bet is on Ayanokoji

Ayanokoji should be able to replicate L feat, Without revealing himself, From there Ayanokoji would know Kira is in kanto or Ayanokoji would go to kanto due to the random deaths keep happening in there also because Ayanokoji can also predict and understand things from the smallest of details

Ayanokoji would also know Kira is a highschool boy based on the fact it happens just after the school hours are over

Ayanokoji is able to sense malice, power, emotions and can notice the smallest change in facial expressions, If Ayanokoji crosses Light, It would be game over for him

Ayanokoji can also analyse all possibilities seen on his chess feat and can plan in advance for them

Ayanokoji was also stated to be able to predict the future just based on calculations

Ayanokoji's strategies was also stated to have no flaws in the light novel

it's hard to know, actually. Because the people he kills are always the ones that are announced on tv. One way or another, he can get their names without the help of the police. For example, journalist, prison director, prison guard, psychologist etc.
He figured out the part about police intel by this kind of strategy.
From there he'd command these people to do acts in the name of Kira, that would ruin the reputation of the real Kira to see how Light would react. At the same time he'd set them up to get caught by the police in the act and use his father's authority to only release the names and faces of only a few people, set those few people to get interviewed live where the'd have been given instructions to reval the names of the others to reveal only the names of the other perpetrators and sprout ideologies in the name of Kira that go against Light's ideology.

Kira without a doubt will kill the ones who appear on the interview, giving Ayanokoji a solid grasp of how Light's reactions and if he can kill the ones who didn't appear on TV(which he will), ayanokoji will deduce that he has access to police intel. Getting him all the intel L gathered.

My bet is on Ayanokoji

Ayanokoji should be able to replicate L feat, Without revealing himself, From there Ayanokoji would know Kira is in kanto or Ayanokoji would go to kanto due to the random deaths keep happening in there also because Ayanokoji can also predict and understand things from the smallest of details

Ayanokoji would also know Kira is a highschool boy based on the fact it happens just after the school hours are over

Ayanokoji is able to sense malice, power, emotions and can notice the smallest change in facial expressions, If Ayanokoji crosses Light, It would be game over for him

Ayanokoji can also analyse all possibilities seen on his chess feat and can plan in advance for them

Ayanokoji was also stated to be able to predict the future just based on calculations

Ayanokoji's strategies was also stated to have no flaws in the light novel
Counted.

Would recommend changing the thread plot to:
"Kiyotaka is captured by his father and his father decides to use Kiyotaka as a tool to take over Japan, but a big steppingstone in front of them is a mysterious figure called 'Kira', who is supernaturally killing people and wants to become the 'God of the New World'. Kiyotaka's father senses Kira as a big threat to his objective and orders Kiyotaka to capture him by any means.

Behind the mask of Kira is Light Yagami, one of the top students of Japan and an extremely intelligent individual. He declares himself as 'justice' and tries to kill the criminals with 'Death Note', a notebook which kills a person in a period of time after their name is written on the notebook.

Will Kiyotaka catch Kira? Or will Kira successfully get rid of Ayanokouji and become the 'God of the New World'."

I feel this would be better because there's no way Atsuomi, out of all the people would help the world in any way lol.

I am following this. While Light should pull it off under normal circumstances because it is a fixed situation with influence, it should be when Ayanokouji is like in the same place as L. Here, we don't know what Ayanokouji's father might pull off or even Ayanokouji himself. Like you never know what happens, what if Ayanokouji just started to kill everyone on their path? 💀 Ayanokouji is not as rational as L, he might just luckily kill Light lol.

Now there is a situation like this. If it is certain that ayanokoji will kill light, it means that ryuk will write it in the book. In short, Ryuk knows who Ayanokoji is. This could mean that he can learn his name through an exchange of information such as an eye swap.
Now can you say something about this argument?
Light can win if possible.

In the meantime, let us mention some things. I don't think Light will find him before Ayanakoji, but Light will probably get his identity before that.

We know Light has access to police records. If Ayankoji appears even once, he can use his appearence to get his name from police records. We also know that Light can get Ryuk to do some simple tasks in exchange for apples, like keeping watch around the house. If Ayanakoji approaches Light to observe him, Ryuk will also tell Light that he is being followed. We also know that Ayanakoji had no way of verifying Light. The only thing Light needs to know is that he has to kill the person hunting him.
Also private detectives work together with the police in Japan . If Ayano hires a private detective and Light finds out, there is a chance that he will find out who hired him.

Now can you say something about this argument?
Light can win if possible.

In the meantime, let us mention some things. I don't think Light will find him before Ayanakoji, but Light will probably get his identity before that.

We know Light has access to police records. If Ayankoji appears even once, he can use his appearence to get his name from police records. We also know that Light can get Ryuk to do some simple tasks in exchange for apples, like keeping watch around the house. If Ayanakoji approaches Light to observe him, Ryuk will also tell Light that he is being followed. We also know that Ayanakoji had no way of verifying Light. The only thing Light needs to know is that he has to kill the person hunting him.
Also private detectives work together with the police in Japan . If Ayano hires a private detective and Light finds out, there is a chance that he will find out who hired him.
Ayanokoji will find something is up considering he will notice how every criminal is dying by heart attacks or some abnormal way and will eventually deduce Light is killing based off on the names that appear on the TV's

Ayanokoji will tell to delete his public records to prevent Light from finding him

Ayanokoji will find something is up considering he will notice how every criminal is dying by heart attacks or some abnormal way and will eventually deduce Light is killing based off on the names that appear on the TV's

Ayanokoji will tell to delete his public records to prevent Light from finding him
The name thing is a possibility, but he probably won't do it. We know he can kill from a picture and a name. So in this case, the perception will be he can kill people he sees.
If he erases his records, he can't hire a private detective.

Ayano does not have a lead to find the actual kira. He has to find it among 45 million people, more or less.

The name thing is a possibility, but he probably won't do it. We know he can kill from a picture and a name. So in this case, the perception will be he can kill people he sees.
If he erases his records, he can't hire a private detective.

Ayano does not have a lead to find the actual kira. He has to find it among 45 million people, more or less.

Ayanokoji will notice the killings happens after school hours so he will assume he is a student so he will look for schools only, Followed up by the fact Kira is good at deceiving others and is highly intelligent which Ayanokoji will find out soon enough, So he will go after the smartest students where Light is one of them, He has the Atsuomi influence so he can just use those people to investigate them without having their names in contracts, They will soon find that Light is the smartest student in Japan, So Ayanokoji will go after him, If they ever engage in a conversation, You could say it's over for Light

Ayanokoji will notice the killings happens after school hours so he will assume he is a student so he will look for schools only, Followed up by the fact Kira is good at deceiving others and is highly intelligent which Ayanokoji will find out soon enough, So he will go after the smartest students where Light is one of them, He has the Atsuomi influence so he can just use those people to investigate them without having their names in contracts, They will soon find that Light is the smartest student in Japan, So Ayanokoji will go after him, If they ever engage in a conversation, You could say it's over for Light
So there are also workers who work 8-6. It doesn't actually indicate that he is a student. It can be a teacher, civil servant, construction worker, etc.

It's also a crowded region. Out of 45 million people, let's say the number of people who don't fit the terms I mentioned is 80%(which is quite optimistic) 9 million people left. Out of 9 million people, Ayano can't find him. Because it has no physical data on kira.

I think either they will never find each other and the situation will be incon. Or Yagami at some point realizes he's being followed thanks to Ryuk and finds Ayano.

So there are also workers who work 8-6. It doesn't actually indicate that he is a student. It can be a teacher, civil servant, construction worker, etc.
The OP says this happens before the Lind L. Taylor incident, So this is student Light
It's also a crowded region. Out of 45 million people, let's say the number of people who don't fit the terms I mentioned is 80%(which is quite optimistic) 9 million people left. Out of 9 million people, Ayano can't find him. Because it has no physical data on kira.
This gets invalidated due to what i said above
I think either they will never find each other and the situation will be incon. Or Yagami at some point realizes he's being followed thanks to Ryuk and finds Ayano.
What i said above

The OP says this happens before the Lind L. Taylor incident, So this is student Light
I'm not saying Light is not a student. I'm saying he can't find out he's a student by looking at the hours. there are many lines of jobs in the same time zone.
For example, it could be a scientist working 8-6. or It could be a cop on 8-6 patrol.

I'm not saying Light is not a student. I'm saying he can't find out he's a student by looking at the hours. there are many lines of jobs in the same time zone.
You make a fair point actually, But still, Don't forget that Ayanokoji can think of all possibilities and choose the most possible one, After school hours + Criminals dying in kanto via abnormal means + Seeing Light kills via name and faces on the TV
For example, it could be a scientist working 8-6. or It could be a cop on 8-6 patrol.
What i said above, Fair point XD

You make a fair point actually, But still, Don't forget that Ayanokoji can think of all possibilities and choose the most possible one, After school hours + Criminals dying in kanto via abnormal means + Seeing Light kills via name and faces on the TV
Narratives scale :/

The only reason why I think Ayanokouji wins this is because he doesn't have the conditions as L. L couldn't kill Light but just had to prove it, Ayanokouji doesn't need to prove that Light is Kira, he just has to kill him. I don't think Ayanokouji isn't at least 50% of L. He definitely is and even when he gets one suspicion, he will most likely kill that person.

The only reason why I think Ayanokouji wins this is because he doesn't have the conditions as L. L couldn't kill Light but just had to prove it, Ayanokouji doesn't need to prove that Light is Kira, he just has to kill him. I don't think Ayanokouji isn't at least 50% of L. He definitely is and even when he gets one suspicion, he will most likely kill that person.
You are right

Vote for Ayanokoji?👀

Then should ayanakoji go on a murder spree? If Ayano kills someone else before Light, the police will investigate because he is wanted as a murderer.
That's an advantage for Light.

The problem is that there is suspicion. Suspect what? There is no specific information about the Kira.He does not carry a weapon, nor does he have any physical or mental problems. A thug who looks at him sideways is also suspicious. Or some mad scientist maybe.
There is not enough clue for Ayano to find out his true identity.
They're not on familiar terms with Light. And Light is known to be cold-blooded. He is also known to act like a normal student from the outside.
He also does his killing from home after 6pm. Since he doesn't vander outside, it's even harder to find evidence.
Given the 9-6 schedule, Ayano has to find Light among a roughly optimistic 9 million people.
I think it's Incon. Or Light realizes he's being followed with the help of Ryuk and finds Ayano's identity. And if he gets in trouble, he can still trade eyes.

Long shot Light Or incon
Criminals dying in kanto via abnormal means
Television is not a regional thing. Criminals are dying all over Japan. But he knows it's in Kento because the OP wrote it that way.
Seeing Light kills via name and faces on the TV
As I said, anyone with a face and a name dies. But Ayano can't know the necessity of either. Because Light has access to police records. He can kill people who haven't been on TV and whose names are kept secret. And he was already doing that when he got his hands on the prison list in anime.

Vote for Ayanokoji?👀
No, wait. I personally scale Kira higher in IRL situations, but limitations are an important thing, so if that isn't discussed then it's worthless to even have this discussion. Everything depends on scenarios.
Then should ayanakoji go on a murder spree? If Ayano kills someone else before Light, the police will investigate because he is wanted as a murderer.
That's an advantage for Light.
He very well can. Police investigation doesn't matter for Ayanokouji though. Secondly, Ayanokouji just has to escape. Ayanokouji has a history of looking at people in a different perspective. So, he will likely know that Light is the son of a literal police high-post officer, which isn't difficult because Soichiro was quite popular already.
Ayanokouji also has a good awareness of becoming undetectable. For example, he used water to destroy Ibuki's camera so no evidence could be left. He recorded Ryuuen before Ryuuen even announced his plans, and Ayanokouji also did that against Takuya.
If police is a disadvantage, it's an advantage as well. Ayanokouji can also use the police, such as having the police look at Light's home and attract their attention there. In fact, he can actually manipulate a police officer as well.
The problem is that there is suspicion. Suspect what? There is no specific information about the Kira.He does not carry a weapon, nor does he have any physical or mental problems. A thug who looks at him sideways is also suspicious. Or some mad scientist maybe.
The thing is, Light is provocative himself as well. We see that he was trying to make his life interesting by fighting against L, even mentioning some information.
There is not enough clue for Ayano to find out his true identity.
Point.
They're not on familiar terms with Light. And Light is known to be cold-blooded. He is also known to act like a normal student from the outside.
Point.
He also does his killing from home after 6pm. Since he doesn't vander outside, it's even harder to find evidence.
Point.
Given the 9-6 schedule, Ayano has to find Light among a roughly optimistic 9 million people.
Point.
I think it's Incon. Or Light realizes he's being followed with the help of Ryuk and finds Ayano's identity. And if he gets in trouble, he can still trade eyes.
I have been waiting for this one point ngl, point.

I vote Light.

He's got less limitations and is even better in this sector of IRL situations, he also has similar mental adaptability to Ayanokouji (likely even better). Ayanokouji being able to detect malice and stuff is not on such a scale that he is able to detect those who hide their faces. Ayanokouji found it difficult to track Kushida's real personality. While he gets suspicion on people, that isn't like suspicion would be an immediate move for him as well, he is just able to detect energies of moods of people. Light's father is a police officer, so he will have to be careful.

On the other hand, Light actually has a good amount of VSI which allows him to be wary of his surroundings or the space around him, he can easily get suspicious of Ayanokouji as well. In fact, Ayanokouji wouldn't try to get details into Light on the same scale as Light does that for Ayanokouji (because Light has. Ayanokouji will have to take care of multiple people. It would be hard for Atsuomi to track Light especially when Light's father is a police officer, so Ayanokouji himself will have to do it, and it would be easy for Light to take care of one person, given that he only has to write his name on the book.

Ayanokouji wouldn't know that Light can kill by just names, so that's a limitation as well. Ayanokouji will someday have to get into an actual talk with Light, and if that is in a bad time, then Light can easily get rid of him.

Back