• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, here's how I see this going. Ayanokoji will form a hypothesis and narrow down Light's location to Kanto region in Japan the same way L did due to his superior intelligence but unlike L, he won't reveal himself.

Ayanokoji(especially Year1 Ayanokoji) manipulates from the shadows without attracting any attention to himself. He'd probably use forums(like the ones that gave Kira his name) that are in support or in opposition of Kira and manipulate people there into performing different acts, be it against Kira or something in the name of Kira to gauge his reactions, maturity, intel gathering skills and resources.

For example:
He could find a forum that supports Kira. There he could claim to be Kira and from there use his father's resources and information to find a corrupt politician and slip something into his food/drink that'd make him publically die of a stroke or something and frame it as a heart attack, convinsing these few people that he is Kira. He'd create a cult like following with these people overime before using them as his pawns.

From there he'd command these people to do acts in the name of Kira, that would ruin the reputation of the real Kira to see how Light would react. At the same time he'd set them up to get caught by the police in the act and use his father's authority to only release the names and faces of only a few people, set those few people to get interviewed live where the'd have been given instructions to reval the names of the others to reveal only the names of the other perpetrators and sprout ideologies in the name of Kira that go against Light's ideology.

Kira without a doubt will kill the ones who appear on the interview, giving Ayanokoji a solid grasp of how Light's reactions and if he can kill the ones who didn't appear on TV(which he will), ayanokoji will deduce that he has access to police intel. Getting him all the intel L gathered.
I vote for Ayanokouji for the same reasons

Kiyotaka could easily replicate L's Tailor strategy, the difference being he wont reveal himself (he is not prideful like L). He will figure out Kira lives in the Kanto region the same reason L did; the mysterious killings started there. He will likely discover Light has access to police detail, which would lead him to Light. Yagami is also really prideful and childish, which Ayanokouji could exploit

Unlike L, Kiyo will be willing to kill Light the moment he is sure of his identity. And no Light wont be using shinigami eyes unless he is desperate

Kiyotaka could easily replicate L's Tailor strategy, the difference being he wont reveal himself (he is not prideful like L). He will figure out Kira lives in the Kanto region the same reason L did; the mysterious killings started there. He will likely discover Light has access to police detail, which would lead him to Light. Yagami is also really prideful and childish, which Ayanokouji could exploit
Light has a lot of advantages. And who said L is prideful? If Ayanokouji doesn't reveal himself, then it wouldn't excite Light and cause the mind game war in the first place. The only reason why L openly gave a challenge to Kira was so because he wanted to test Kira's patience and stuff.
Unlike L, Kiyo will be willing to kill Light the moment he is sure of his identity. And no Light wont be using shinigami eyes unless he is desperate
Shinigami Eyes is restricted lol.

Light has a lot of advantages. And who said L is prideful? If Ayanokouji doesn't reveal himself, then it wouldn't excite Light and cause the mind game war in the first place. The only reason why L openly gave a challenge to Kira was so because he wanted to test Kira's patience and stuff.

6:07

The battle between Kira and L was a battle of their justice aka their pride. It's true L was testing Kira but he was also challenging him for the sake of it, he wanted to prove his justice is superior. Also why would Ayanokouji even start a mind game in the first place? He can just find Kira without him noticing which is the most safest and logical way to win.

And wdym by "Ligth has a lot of advantages"?

6:07

The battle between Kira and L was a battle of their justice aka their pride. It's true L was testing Kira but he was also challenging him for the sake of it, he wanted to prove his justice is superior. Also why would Ayanokouji even start a mind game in the first place? He can just find Kira without him noticing which is the most safest and logical way to win.

And wdym by "Ligth has a lot of advantages"?

The thing is, Ayanokouji is not L. He will probably not have access to the broadcasting services until we were talking about his dad's power, which surely wouldn't wield the same power as the literal direct control. Light will still have a way to know about the corruption done inside via Atsuomi. If he knows about it (which he will, considering how he can easily manipulate Soichiro in doing so), then he will easily take over Ayanokouji.

Secondly, I scale both the characters on a similar level. Light wins this through circumstances imo.

"A certain genius 'X' is out to get you. What will you do?"... Light would start researching about geniuses of particular interest who would hunt Kira, to narrow down a list of people who are likely to be "X". It's possible that Light may even kill Ayanokouji without the two ever meeting, because even though Light values people who can do good to the world, Light killing geniuses willy-nilly would be a step to eliminate a threat to himself, and he thinks of himself as the savior of the world who will rid the world of evil and become a god, so they would be sacrifices for the greater good in Light's mindset. Maybe Light would be careful not to waste so much talent in other people that have no evidence of directly being a threat to him, but either way, it's still possible that Light would discover a hunter in a timely fashion, when the hunter isn't completely anonymous like L was and when Light was given that hint from Ryuk.

So, as someone who has yet to look at Classroom of the Elite, I have two questions. How publicly known is Ayanokouji in-setting? What would Ayanokouji do to try preventing himself from being targeted by a threat like Kira? Depending on the answer to those two questions, the outcome of this scenario would be that either Light would discover Ayanokouji first and kill him with the Death Note because of Light's inflexible determination and incredible studying skills, or Ayanokouji would find whatever way he can to defeat Light quicker using his apparently extraordinary development skills and "immeasurable" knowledge.

How publicly known is Ayanokouji in-setting?
He is unknown to the world. He spent around 15 years in a facility and his social skills are badly affected in the process. Light is simply much more popular. I would though, add the fact that Ayanokouji in the novel has a better experience in working in the background.
What would Ayanokouji do to try preventing himself from being targeted by a threat like Kira?
However, he possesses incredible calculability. His strategies are really good. He was able to think of a better move than a dedicated chess machine., and could have defeated Arisu who is described as a prodigy and has defeated world-recognized chess masters at a young age.
Depending on the answer to those two questions, the outcome of this scenario would be that either Light would discover Ayanokouji first and kill him with the Death Note because of Light's inflexible determination and incredible studying skills, or Ayanokouji would find whatever way he can to defeat Light quicker using his apparently extraordinary development skills and "immeasurable" knowledge.
Yes, Ayanokouji can make plans quicker than Light, but Light possesses a lot of advantages backing him up.

He is unknown to the world. He spent around 15 years in a facility and his social skills are badly affected in the process. Light is simply much more popular. I would though, add the fact that Ayanokouji in the novel has a better experience in working in the background.

However, he possesses incredible calculability. His strategies are really good. He was able to think of a better move than a dedicated chess machine., and could have defeated Arisu who is described as a prodigy and has defeated world-recognized chess masters at a young age.

Yes, Ayanokouji can make plans quicker than Light, but Light possesses a lot of advantages backing him up.
Thanks for the information. This match-up seems like it could go either way. Do you think that Ayanokouji would believe that there could be supernatural factors in his hunt for Kira? Light may not be as great at strategizing as Ayanokouji, but he's great nonetheless and he has a Death Note on his side, which Light was shown to make creative use of in short time, so along with Light's resources, I think he would end up being the winner in this scenario as long as Ayanokouji doesn't immediately figure out everything about the Death Note somehow. I don't know the extent of Ayanokouji's father's resources though, so correct me if I'm wrong.

If my reasoning is sound, then I vote for Light winning.

Thanks for the information. This match-up seems like it could go either way. Do you think that Ayanokouji would believe that there could be supernatural factors in his hunt for Kira?
I don't think Ayanokouji would even settle for such stuff happening supernaturally, given how he thinks really logically, so thinking illogically is somehow a less possible thing for him, but yes, he might be able to come to a conclusion of it being a supernatural thing. On this thing, I believe he will take the same time as L.
Light may not be as great at strategizing as Ayanokouji, but he's great nonetheless and he has a Death Note on his side, which Light was shown to make creative use of in short time, so along with Light's resources, I think he would end up being the winner in this scenario as long as Ayanokouji doesn't immediately figure out everything about the Death Note somehow. I don't know the extent of Ayanokouji's father's resources though, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Ayanokouji's father is influent, but he will have to do stuff like corruption. Secondly, Light's father himself wouldn't agree on stuff like letting Ayanokouji spy on Light's home. L was a different thing, he had a direct influence over police and not something like illegal forces. And even then, L had to considerably have Soichiro agree to the stuff.

Counted
Thanks for the information. This match-up seems like it could go either way. Do you think that Ayanokouji would believe that there could be supernatural factors in his hunt for Kira? Light may not be as great at strategizing as Ayanokouji, but he's great nonetheless and he has a Death Note on his side, which Light was shown to make creative use of in short time, so along with Light's resources, I think he would end up being the winner in this scenario as long as Ayanokouji doesn't immediately figure out everything about the Death Note somehow. I don't know the extent of Ayanokouji's father's resources though, so correct me if I'm wrong.

If my reasoning is sound, then I vote for Light winning.
Counted

Ayanokoji has information about Light and knows what his equipment is. Since Light cannot use his Shinigami eyes, he must make direct contact to learn his first and last name. In the long term, Ayanokoji is ahead of Light because his intelligence has no limits. He even beat the chess robot with 20 million odds, which is 20 million. Since every move of the probabilistic chess robot is predetermined, Ayanokoji is ahead in intelligence indices such as the FSIQ plan. When it comes to manipulation, empathy and dialogues, Ayanokoji is completely emotionless and as I said, his intelligence has no limits. Ayano will keep in mind and expand every information she receives about Light. he will narrow down and minimize the information according to he logic and capacity, and Ayano will win easily.

Since Ayanokoji received information in advance, he will have access to information such as whether Kira is a high school student and where he lives. Catching the rent is a winning condition. Light cannot win without facing Ayanokoji. If they face each other, Ayanokoji will win hahaha

I vote ayanokoji negative diff
Both dazai and fyodor victim

Ayanokoji has information about Light and knows what his equipment is. Since Light cannot use his Shinigami eyes, he must make direct contact to learn his first and last name. In the long term, Ayanokoji is ahead of Light because his intelligence has no limits. He even beat the chess robot with 20 million odds, which is 20 million. Since every move of the probabilistic chess robot is predetermined, Ayanokoji is ahead in intelligence indices such as the FSIQ plan. When it comes to manipulation, empathy and dialogues, Ayanokoji is completely emotionless and as I said, his intelligence has no limits. Ayano will keep in mind and expand every information she receives about Light. he will narrow down and minimize the information according to he logic and capacity, and Ayano will win easily.

Since Ayanokoji received information in advance, he will have access to information such as whether Kira is a high school student and where he lives. Catching the rent is a winning condition. Light cannot win without facing Ayanokoji. If they face each other, Ayanokoji will win hahaha

I vote ayanokoji negative diff
Both dazai and fyodor victim
Tbh, on paper, I would say that Light had given his all and has managed to be slightly above Ayanokouji overall (with deception, manipulation and influence and stuff), Ayanokouji's character isn't over, and he has shown roughly only 30% of him. In the future, he is going to have a way better SQ and influence through his own development, so it isn't wrong to think that he negative diffs Light, though for now, I don't think that.

And yeah, Dazai and Fyodor goats. 🐐

Tbh, on paper, I would say that Light had given his all and has managed to be slightly above Ayanokouji overall (with deception, manipulation and influence and stuff), Ayanokouji's character isn't over, and he has shown roughly only 30% of him. In the future, he is going to have a way better SQ and influence through his own development, so it isn't wrong to think that he negative diffs Light, though for now, I don't think that.

And yeah, Dazai and Fyodor goats. 🐐
Light doesn't even have a proper manipulation feat. Ayanokoji is ahead in manipulation indexes and the reason why Ayanokoji is ahead of other people is that he is free from emotions.

Light doesn't even have a proper manipulation feat. Ayanokoji is ahead in manipulation indexes and the reason why Ayanokoji is ahead of other people is that he is free from emotions.
No, Light has far better manipulation. He manipulates Misa and Takada, while fooling around with the entire task force, using a lot of stuff like deception, guilt tripping, psychology and even emotions.

I’m voting Light, he’ll have an easier time avoiding sight since his dad is a cop and he has amazing acting skill to look ordinary. Ayanokouji might be smarter, but he has more going against him and less advantages compared to L who had reputation and access to police files

No, Light has far better manipulation. He manipulates Misa and Takada, while fooling around with the entire task force, using a lot of stuff like deception, guilt tripping, psychology and even emotions.
You are really making me tired rogger. No character in Death Note is smart except L. Even if you manipulate a character who is not smart, it will not give you an advantage. Ayanokoji manipulates the whole school and sees the moves of the chess bot with a probability of 20 million and defeats it. Please be a little more serious.

No character in Death Note is smart except L.
This misconception is quite annoying.

Light was bored with life despite having gotten the best grades in Japan, was a former tennis champion, was considered as exceptionally attractive, and had helped the police solve cases even before the Kira case. During the Kira case, when Light had his memories of being Kira removed, he was still capable of analyzing the case like L was, even predicting his evil self's own long-term plan on top of predicting that L suspected him of doing that and believed that he was capable of doing it, that being to take L's position while still being Kira, which he eventually did, despite having less experience than L. L worked internationally and his job requires political knowledge at that level. According to the profile pages of Light and L in Death Note Volume 13: How to Read, Light has superior knowledge than L, and the two have the same level of creativity. Near is also noted as having great insight and mental capabilities, which can be seen in the series.

You are really making me tired rogger. No character in Death Note is smart except L. Even if you manipulate a character who is not smart, it will not give you an advantage. Ayanokoji manipulates the whole school and sees the moves of the chess bot with a probability of 20 million and defeats it. Please be a little more serious.
The chess bot thing was never stated. I never tried to add the reference of a chess bot being able to play itself that many times as actual processing speed of Ayanokouji. Also, it is further unrelated with manipulation.

Back